Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Took this from this Lists forum, apologies if it’s been done.

Which players, past and present, supported Footscray/Western Bulldogs before they were players?

Off the top of my head I have (am leaving father son players off the list)

Kevin Bartlett
Barry Hall
Brad Johnson
Rohan Smith
Brian Royal
Jordan Roughead
Patrick Lipinski
Chris Johnson (Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions)

I love these threads. Though I’ve always wondered how hard it’d be to completely drop your love for a club if you were drafted by an opposition club. Bontempelli for example is a Richmond fan. How much do you think them winning the flag in 2017 excited him if at all?

KB? I thought he hates us, or was that before he became a Tiger?

Definitely supported Footscray before he played for Richmond.

I’ve actually noticed some pro Bulldogs sentiment from him over the years in the media ie commentary, radio etc

I can't remember who but there was a Footscray supporting Essendon player who grew up on the same street as the Essendon supporting Scott West, albeit on the opposite side of the road.

Scott West's side of the road had him zoned to Footscray and Footscray supporter's side of the road had him zoned to Essendon.

I can't remember who but there was a Footscray supporting Essendon player who grew up on the same street as the Essendon supporting Scott West, albeit on the opposite side of the road.

Scott West's side of the road had him zoned to Footscray and Footscray supporter's side of the road had him zoned to Essendon.

Ricky Olerenshaw.

Kyle Langford, Zak Butters, Ned McHenry, Xavier O’Halloran, Nick Coffield, Jake Carlisle

220px-Ted_whitten_statue.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who did/does Leigh Montagna support?

I have noticed a few times this season he has referred to the Dogs in a positive way. The other night he singled out Bailey Smith as a sleeper.
Earlier in the season I think he picked the dogs as this years surprise packet.

Zeno Tsatsaris
Merv Hughes (only include him as he won the 'longest kick competition' at a family day in the 80s. Doug Hawkins was one of the participants)

As I believe the only footballer to have three Zs in his name, you appear to have sold him a couple short there.
My humble apologies. One of Parkside's finest!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back