Who played well in Round 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoil a good story if you're wrong.
yep, but Its what I understand

As far as I know 8 free's in total

we all remember the double 50. I understand that counts as 2 of 8

Collingwobbles were so perfect they only missed the entire ground with their kicks thrice, so that's 3 of 8.

My maths says that that leaves only 3 actual in play indiscretions which were penalised.

At worst Im wrong and there were 8 on field plus 3 oob and 2 50 . total 13 to 28

Having Stocker and Willow back in and showing really good signs is an absolute bonus. When simpson comes back, I would trial Stocker up forward with short midfield rotations. let him show us what he has got as a forward.
This.

Cunners and Stocker up forward. That's some skill.

I thought Stocker was going to have a crack from outside 50 when he had that mark. And once he gets confidence he should. He let rip a few big kicks on the weekend. I think he can kick them from 50 no dramas.

Lets utilise these strengths.

Most of us would agree that the umpiring yesterday was garbage, but that's something we have no control over, and no amount of complaining will change anything. I was fuming at times during the game, in fact the majority of the time, but we probably need to get over it...despite the fact we haven't had the rub at all really this year.

Bolts can meet with the AFL if he feels the need...Gill won't get involved, and leave it to the Umpiring Department...who will look at the game and say "we are confident the umpires made the right calls", as they always do. Just a useless exercise.

Hopefully once we start rising up the ladder, we'll start getting a few going our way. If it doesn't, then we start kicking down the doors of the AFL...armed with the Bearded Carpenter's 4b2!!

To be honest, I'd rather focus my energies on the positives from the game, and how we took it right up to one of the competition's leaders, against all odds. Put another 30 to 40 games into our youngsters, bring in some more top end talent, and we'll be giving a number of clubs windburn on the way up the ladder.

Really enjoyed the first three quarters.

Can’t help but feel that we blew it though in the last quarter. Good sides are always going to come yes but once again it looked like another game where the team went into their shells when the opposition started to get on top. In every loss this season once our opposition gets a run on its like there’s nothing they can do to stop it.

Cripps enormous again. Liked Stockers game a lot.

They had the ball the whole qtr. Just couldn't get out hands on it and control the play. That's the game there. Pies have bigger bodies and more experience.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We got killed towards the end in the middle yeah.

But it felt like they went into their shells and Bolton had them throw a lot of numbers back. We tried to save the game rather than win it. Our defenders were in a hopeless situation. Barrage of footy inside 50 and then when they did win the footy back they had limited options to kick to. There were a number of times where I saw groups of Collingwood players free outside their 50 or near the middle because we had so many numbers in defence. When we kicked to McKay, Curnow or whoever if they didn’t mark it there were no numbers with them to crumb the ball. If we did win the footy in that area there was then next to nothing further up the field.

Seemed like poor coaching or players scared of failing.

The umpiring was terrible yeah, but regardless we were losing that game. You’re not going to hold off a top side like that when they go inside 50 so often late in the game.

Had the displeasure of listening to the triple m broadcast.

Billy Browlnless said he wasn't worthy of the#43.

He gets a 4b2.
Someone needs to create a meme like that Oprah Winfrey one I always see but with the words,

“ You get a 4b2, and you get a 4b2.
Errrrybody gets a 4b2”

Said it before and it's controversial but having Jones kick on as a defender has been the worst thing possible for our back 6 stability and development.

Jones comes in whilst Weitering is out last year - Weitering comes in and looks lost, a shadow of himself.
Jones relishes Marchbanks spot whilst he is out injured. He comes back in but also looks lost
Jones goes out and Marchbank plays like Alex Rance - same for Weitering.

All of Jones, Marchbank, Plowman and Weitering can't play in the back 6 together.
Exact same situation forward if we have too many talls invariably 2 of them struggle .
Will be very interesting yet again at selection if Jones comes in and Cas gets added to Gov Charlie and Harry I will most likely lose it .

I’m less concerned with Dow’s disposal than with his awareness and it’s likely they’re connected.

I reckon his brain is going at 10000 rpm and he’s not able to process what situation he’s in or what the best options are.

I understand the belief that staying in the firsts is best for his development but I’d actually let him rack up some numbers in the magoos for a month.

No shame in it, plenty of good players have done it.
I've mentioned this previously,.but i'm hoping Diesel can help him here.

Just on Casboult. I was pleasantly surprised at his performance down back but one swallow does not make a summer. Still has a lot of work to do down there to match Jones re-invention.

If Jones is back I think he has to go. Putting balance aside I just don't see who else should make way for the beast.

A lot of talk here about sending such and such a player back to learn his craft in the NB's but maybe this is now more appropriate for Levi than any other player, go back and really learn that backs job.

Might just have improved his chances of a new contract with that performance. Could be handy back up down there and we've already established in the last few years that no one else wants him. A list space that may not be wasted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at most of the stars with break away pace and they butcher it a bit. Danger does, Juddy even did it often enough.
But the value of breaking the lines and catching the defence off guard out weighs a few shanks. It will get less and less I think for Dow like it has for Danger. Judd seemed to do it rarely early on and more later in his career when he became the number one tagged player. But with our multitude of mid guns, which one will they tag? Dow will dominate in a couple of years. Let’s not forget he’s only second year.
Its a good point about Dow not getting much treatment from the opposition. Cripps will always get the most, and perhaps even Walsh in a couple more years.

Well, I smiled a lot while watching the game. I didn’t do that once in the North game. I think post bye round we will win more of those than lose. Cunners is our best kick for goal, becoming one of my favourite players actually.
Gov is pretty reliable in front of goals as well.

Just on Casboult. I was pleasantly surprised at his performance down back but one swallow does not make a summer. Still has a lot of work to do down there to match Jones re-invention.

If Jones is back I think he has to go. Putting balance aside I just don't see who else should make way for the beast.

A lot of talk here about sending such and such a player back to learn his craft in the NB's but maybe this is now more appropriate for Levi than any other player, go back and really learn that backs job.

Might just have improved his chances of a new contract with that performance. Could be handy back up down there and we've already established in the last few years that no one else wants him. A list space that may not be wasted.

You have Goddard at 22yo.
Then you have Macreadie developing.
Then you have B.Silvagni developing.
Casboult is 29yo ? , time to cut the string at seasons end.

Slightly from natural progression but not from any coaching abilities.
The list is now prime for the picking for a good coach to fast track to success, if Carlton persist with Bolton then they are signalling they accept mediocrity.
How long did it take Hardwick and Buckley to become good coaches? Bolton has been involved with the club during our biggest rebuild ever. The last thing we need to do is sack the coach.

You have Goddard at 22yo.
Then you have Macreadie developing.
Then you have B.Silvagni developing.
Casboult is 29yo ? , time to cut the string at seasons end.

Goddard has already been de-listed by a club no better than us.

Many think McReadie is a potential winger.

BSOS, I'm guessing has a couple of years in front of him before we know what he is capable of.

Levi is big, resilient, has far more runs on the board than any of those and still has a few years left.

Still has another couple of years casboult

Jones Weitering Marchbank = best 22
Goddard = Insurance
Macreadie B.Silvagni = developing

McKay McGovern Curnow J.Silvagni = best 22
Kerr = developing

Kreuzer = best 22
Phillips Lobbe = insurance (need to be replaced)
DeKonning = developing

Casboult is 29yo ?
Thanks and goodbye.

Jones Weitering Marchbank = best 22
Goddard = Insurance
Macreadie B.Silvagni = developing

McKay McGovern Curnow J.Silvagni = best 22
Kerr = developing

Kreuzer = best 22
Phillips Lobbe = insurance (need to be replaced)
DeKonning = developing

Casboult is 29yo ?
Thanks and goodbye.
Not disagreeing with you...just saying he is still valuable and isn’t costing much

I’m less concerned with Dow’s disposal than with his awareness and it’s likely they’re connected.

I reckon his brain is going at 10000 rpm and he’s not able to process what situation he’s in or what the best options are.

I understand the belief that staying in the firsts is best for his development but I’d actually let him rack up some numbers in the magoos for a month.

No shame in it, plenty of good players have done it.
After watching the game again I can't disagree with Dow in the VFL enough, the number of times he was directly involved in a score for us our burst from a contest to clear our defensive 50 was amazing. Yes he can tidy up his disposal but he is doing so much right and you can't get used to performing your skill under AFL pressure in the VFL

Back