Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I believe we have those numbers today because it has become more socially permissable. How many years had homosexuals (for example) done things 'in the closet' so to speak? They've always been around, same as those who believe they were born to the wrong gender. They wwere forced to the shadows but they've always existed.

They just have more options to actually live their lives as they see fit amongst a biodiverse humanity these days, which is no bad thing.

There's no evidence that there was an undercurrent of young people in history who would have changed gender if it was socially permissible. What we are seeing is a political movement that has allowed some health professionals to encourage kids who express doubts about their gender to transition to the opposite sex, and of course make a nice little earner. In the UK the girls number referred for treatment rose by more than 4,000% in less than a decade.

It's much more complicated than allowing people to live their lives as they see fit, and there is big potential downside.

For example, children do not have the maturity to make the best decisions for themselves but their parents wishes are being overridden by the state. In Canada, a recent ruling means that a 14-year-old girl can begin receiving testosterone injections without parental consent. The ruling also mean that if either of the girl’s parents refer to their daughter as a girl, they will be considered guilty of family violence under the Canadian Family Law Act. Dr. Wallace Wong, the psychologist at the heart of heart of the case, runs a children-only “gender therapy” practice, with his youngest client not yet three years old. His practice began in 2010 with just four kids, and in nine years now has more than 500 kids just from orphans and foster kids who are in the care of the British Colombia Ministry of Children and Family.

Gender dysphoria is commonly associated with other mental health conditions including higher risk of suicide. Changing ones body by hormone therapy and surgery has been shown to have some short term positive effects. But in the long term there seems to be continued psychological trauma and increased suicide. There is also substantial health risk for individuals receiving hormone treatment. Transgendering men suffered more than twice as many strokes as women or non-transitioning men. And more than five times as many deep vein clots as women or non-transitioning men. They suffered more than twice as many heart attacks as women. Transgendering women suffered almost four times as many heart attacks as non-transitioning women.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.038584

I think a better approach would be to not encourage gender dysphoria in children - most of it dissipates with age. And treat it as part of a more general dissociative disorder where the goal is to align the person to their biological sex, along with resolving their other issues. Of course, a flexible approach is required but currently the ideology is dominating the issue to the detriment of the individuals affected.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There's no evidence that there was an undercurrent of young people in history who would have changed gender if it was socially permissible. What we are seeing is a political movement that has allowed some health professionals to encourage kids who express doubts about their gender to transition to the opposite sex, and of course make a nice little earner. In the UK the girls number referred for treatment rose by more than 4,000% in less than a decade.

It's much more complicated than allowing people to live their lives as they see fit, and there is big potential downside.

For example, children do not have the maturity to make the best decisions for themselves but their parents wishes are being overridden by the state. In Canada, a recent ruling means that a 14-year-old girl can begin receiving testosterone injections without parental consent. The ruling also mean that if either of the girl’s parents refer to their daughter as a girl, they will be considered guilty of family violence under the Canadian Family Law Act. Dr. Wallace Wong, the psychologist at the heart of heart of the case, runs a children-only “gender therapy” practice, with his youngest client not yet three years old. His practice began in 2010 with just four kids, and in nine years now has more than 500 kids just from orphans and foster kids who are in the care of the British Colombia Ministry of Children and Family.

Gender dysphoria is commonly associated with other mental health conditions including higher risk of suicide. Changing ones body by hormone therapy and surgery has been shown to have some short term positive effects. But in the long term there seems to be continued psychological trauma and increased suicide. There is also substantial health risk for individuals receiving hormone treatment. Transgendering men suffered more than twice as many strokes as women or non-transitioning men. And more than five times as many deep vein clots as women or non-transitioning men. They suffered more than twice as many heart attacks as women. Transgendering women suffered almost four times as many heart attacks as non-transitioning women.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.038584

I think a better approach would be to not encourage gender dysphoria in children - most of it dissipates with age. And treat it as part of a more general dissociative disorder where the goal is to align the person to their biological sex, along with resolving their other issues. Of course, a flexible approach is required but currently the ideology is dominating the issue to the detriment of the individuals affected.

It will be blamed on the patriarchy.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, these are the problems.

Not obesity, lack of education, religion, health.

It's making sure we don't let kids know that it's OK to be gay or trans. Because that's 'encouraging homosexuality' et al, which has been on the rise since it was legalised...

The 2016 Census counted just under 46,800 same-sex couples living together in Australia. This represents a 39% increase since the 2011 Census. Younger people accounted for almost all of the increase in the number of same-sex couples between the 2011 and 2016 Censuses. Half (51%) of the increase was for the cohort aged 20-29 years in 2016, with an additional 35% of the increase in the cohort aged 30-39 years in 2016.

Is the increase of same-sex couples living together a sign of child manipulation? Or a sign that society is gradually shifting to understand that homosexuality is OK?

Exoplanet

It was me. I let the dogs out.
Apr 6, 2019
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
There goes another thread

You have that right.
The people here who are claiming that things are "social constructs" are rather ignorant of more than one scientific field and don't seem to understand much about science (other than the "popular" version), but those who are arguing with them about it are doing a very poor job.

I think I'll go and hide in a fridge.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You have that right.
The people here who are claiming that things are "social constructs" are rather ignorant of more than one scientific field and don't seem to understand much about science (other than the "popular" version), but those who are arguing with them about it are doing a very poor job.

I think I'll go and hide in a fridge.

Twits who cannot be employed in proper scientific positions are permeating throughout politics, the bureaucracy & media and polluting the world with crap.

Exoplanet

It was me. I let the dogs out.
Apr 6, 2019
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, these are the problems.

Not obesity, lack of education, religion, health.

It's making sure we don't let kids know that it's OK to be gay or trans. Because that's 'encouraging homosexuality' et al, which has been on the rise since it was legalised...

The 2016 Census counted just under 46,800 same-sex couples living together in Australia. This represents a 39% increase since the 2011 Census. Younger people accounted for almost all of the increase in the number of same-sex couples between the 2011 and 2016 Censuses. Half (51%) of the increase was for the cohort aged 20-29 years in 2016, with an additional 35% of the increase in the cohort aged 30-39 years in 2016.

Is the increase of same-sex couples living together a sign of child manipulation? Or a sign that society is gradually shifting to understand that homosexuality is OK?
Neither the question nor the answer need to be either/or.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was reading the other day, that staff from the Tavistock Gender Clinic are leaving for moral grounds etc. They are likening it to child experimentation. Children as young as 12 are being administered hormones and the numbers being admitted are increasing by the 1000's.

I've said before, leave the children alone. Let them decide as adults whether this is what they want.

I'm sick to the stomach that this agenda driven or else what? is the reason for this escalation of need??

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was reading the other day, that staff from the Tavistock Gender Clinic are leaving for moral grounds etc. They are likening it to child experimentation. Children as young as 12 are being administered hormones and the numbers being admitted are increasing by the 1000's.

I've said before, leave the children alone. Let them decide as adults whether this is what they want.

I'm sick to the stomach that this agenda driven or else what? is the reason for this escalation of need??
It’s like lobotomies. For which the leading practitioner won a Nobel prize. Only a few decades later people were horrified at the practice, and the same will happen here.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
There are two genders of homo sapiens. Homo sapiens with an XX chromosome pattern are female, and homo sapiens with an XY chromosome pattern are male. It is that simple. A male can never become female and a female can never become male.

Let's say a biological male who identifies and lives as a female (whether a pre or post operative transgender) gets lost in the bush and dies, with the body not found for 20 years. By this time the skeleton is all that remains, and from examination of the skull and bone structure the pathologists will immediately determine that the body is that of a male. If any hair samples remain, analysis will show them having an XY genetic structure rather than XX.

Just when will this madness end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
There are two genders of homo sapiens. Homo sapiens with an XX chromosome pattern are female, and homo sapiens with an XY chromosome pattern are male. It is that simple. A male can never become female and a female can never become male.

Let's say a biological male who identifies and lives as a female (whether a pre or post operative transgender) gets lost in the bush and dies, with the body not found for 20 years. By this time the skeleton is all that remains, and from examination of the skull and bone structure the pathologists will immediately determine that the body is that of a male. If any hair samples remain, analysis will show them having an XY genetic structure rather than XX.

Just when will this madness end?

Which one do XXY people fall into?

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Your news source is the Daily Signal .The publication focuses on political commentary from a conservative perspective. It is published by conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation.
The video is not a news report

AbrahamS

Team Captain
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Your news source is the Daily Signal .The publication focuses on political commentary from a conservative perspective. It is published by conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation.
So like The Guardian but at the other end of the political spectrum.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

Yeah it is a right leaning news source

But what is the difference between that and when Buzzfeed and Vice (etc.),left leaning news sources, report on transgender athletes and how wonderful and inclusive it is?

Buzzfeed and Vice are just as biased

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah it is a right leaning news source

But what is the difference between that and when Buzzfeed and Vice (etc.),left leaning news sources, report on transgender athletes and how wonderful and inclusive it is?

Buzzfeed and Vice are just as biased
I don't look at Buzzfeeed and I've never heard of Vice. I tend to look at legitimate news sources who print facts not right wing 'news' that use high production values to dump on transgender people.I agree that transgender shouldn't race in the women's races but that video had christian hate all over it.The only thing that was missing was the snowflake tears from the homophobic girl.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I don't look at Buzzfeeed and I've never heard of Vice. I tend to look at legitimate news sources who print facts not right wing 'news' that use high production values to dump on transgender people.I agree that transgender shouldn't race in the women's races but that video had christian hate all over it.The only thing that was missing was the snowflake tears from the homophobic girl.
Sounds like you are xenophobic to the views of immigrants

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

You might not, but plenty do and that's where they get their views from. You can add Vox to the Vice News & Buzzfeed mix. Virtue signallers basically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back