List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Between 1977 and 1983 George Lucas stunned the world with three masterpiece films. Each film was a multi-layered piece of art with each layer a work of beauty. We all believed George Lucas was a true visionary, a man to take the film industry in a new and unique direction, a man who would wield special FX to tell new and exciting stories…

The year is 1999, the fears surrounding Y2K were in full swing. We were wrong to fear Y2K and we were wrong to not fear The Phantom Menace. The Phantom Menace is a disaster of a film from its opening sequence to its relief inducing credit sequence. We trusted George Lucas to deliver us a new and exciting story with modern special FX. Our faith it seems was misplaced, and questions were starting to be asked as to how such an abomination could ever be created. However, some maintained the faith not prepared to face the truth…

The year is 2002, like a battered spouse we returned to the well of misery ready to fill our buckets with disappointment. Even our worst fears were exceeded by the worst movie of all time: Attack of the Clones. Truly one of the most depressing movies of all time, as each minute passes you feel your soul stretched and distorted. Each minute is a lifetime that stretches for eternity. The incoherent plot, the awful special FX and the lifeless directing from George Lucas is the Holy Trinity of awful. Indeed, such evil can only be pre-meditated as such evil cannot arise by accident. Our trip down the river Styx was not over…

The year is 2005, like a prisoner of Azkaban we are begging for the killing blow. Only the most ardent George Lucas faithful remain hopeful, the rest of us watch the Revenge of the Sith with a morbid curiosity. We endure the final 146 minutes of agony, we endure the 146 minutes of deplorable storytelling, we endure the final killing blow of our beloved franchise, we endure because George Lucas cannot win. By now, we had come to the realisation that it was the people around George Lucas that made the original movies great, the people that challenged his ideas led to the creation of three masterpieces.

The year is 2012, a man who liked to be called ‘Boss’ arrived at Fremantle. He soon transformed the team into a winning machine. He created a cult of personality and his believers thought he was the man to lead us to the promised land of premierships. He took an underperforming rabble passed the expectations of the footballing community. Ross Lyon had arrived…

Between 2013 and 2015 Fremantle made multiple attempts to climb the Premiership mountain. Each time they were defeated by their own worst enemy: themselves. By 2015 the Ross Lyon cult had grown and reason had been displaced by blind loyalty. Armed with their keyboards they were prepared to fight rationalists on the beaches, in the streets; they would never surrender. Behind the scenes the team surrounding Ross Lyon was beginning to crumble. The departures of Brett Kirk, Simon Lloyd and most importantly the relegation of the guardian of logic Peter Sumich was not to be understood, but the consequences would soon be apparent.

The year is 2019, I find myself recalling those painful memories of 1999. I am back in the cinema waiting for the next instalment of greatness. The wait had been long and we had been promised so much. The blunder years of 16,17 and 18 were behind us and I was ready to experience the next exciting journey. I was strapped in and just like in 1999 this season has been a procession of disastrously disgusting football, just like in 1999 I am begging for the end credits to roll on this season. Each week an endurance test, each week a new level of hopelessness found, each week returning to the well of disappointment, each week doing battle with the hordes from Lyon’s cult. History is said to rhyme and today 2019 rhymes with the Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and The Revenge of the Sith.

Without the team to challenge George Lucas we had our sense assaulted with filth. Without the team to challenge Ross Lyon we will continue to have our senses assaulted with bad football.

Got it. Club needs more Scott Lucas, Zac Fisher and Aaron Hamill, less George Lucas, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill

Between 1977 and 1983 George Lucas stunned the world with three masterpiece films. Each film was a multi-layered piece of art with each layer a work of beauty. We all believed George Lucas was a true visionary, a man to take the film industry in a new and unique direction, a man who would wield special FX to tell new and exciting stories…

The year is 1999, the fears surrounding Y2K were in full swing. We were wrong to fear Y2K and we were wrong to not fear The Phantom Menace. The Phantom Menace is a disaster of a film from its opening sequence to its relief inducing credit sequence. We trusted George Lucas to deliver us a new and exciting story with modern special FX. Our faith it seems was misplaced, and questions were starting to be asked as to how such an abomination could ever be created. However, some maintained the faith not prepared to face the truth…

The year is 2002, like a battered spouse we returned to the well of misery ready to fill our buckets with disappointment. Even our worst fears were exceeded by the worst movie of all time: Attack of the Clones. Truly one of the most depressing movies of all time, as each minute passes you feel your soul stretched and distorted. Each minute is a lifetime that stretches for eternity. The incoherent plot, the awful special FX and the lifeless directing from George Lucas is the Holy Trinity of awful. Indeed, such evil can only be pre-meditated as such evil cannot arise by accident. Our trip down the river Styx was not over…

The year is 2005, like a prisoner of Azkaban we are begging for the killing blow. Only the most ardent George Lucas faithful remain hopeful, the rest of us watch the Revenge of the Sith with a morbid curiosity. We endure the final 146 minutes of agony, we endure the 146 minutes of deplorable storytelling, we endure the final killing blow of our beloved franchise, we endure because George Lucas cannot win. By now, we had come to the realisation that it was the people around George Lucas that made the original movies great, the people that challenged his ideas led to the creation of three masterpieces.

The year is 2012, a man who liked to be called ‘Boss’ arrived at Fremantle. He soon transformed the team into a winning machine. He created a cult of personality and his believers thought he was the man to lead us to the promised land of premierships. He took an underperforming rabble passed the expectations of the footballing community. Ross Lyon had arrived…

Between 2013 and 2015 Fremantle made multiple attempts to climb the Premiership mountain. Each time they were defeated by their own worst enemy: themselves. By 2015 the Ross Lyon cult had grown and reason had been displaced by blind loyalty. Armed with their keyboards they were prepared to fight rationalists on the beaches, in the streets; they would never surrender. Behind the scenes the team surrounding Ross Lyon was beginning to crumble. The departures of Brett Kirk, Simon Lloyd and most importantly the relegation of the guardian of logic Peter Sumich was not to be understood, but the consequences would soon be apparent.

The year is 2019, I find myself recalling those painful memories of 1999. I am back in the cinema waiting for the next instalment of greatness. The wait had been long and we had been promised so much. The blunder years of 16,17 and 18 were behind us and I was ready to experience the next exciting journey. I was strapped in and just like in 1999 this season has been a procession of disastrously disgusting football, just like in 1999 I am begging for the end credits to roll on this season. Each week an endurance test, each week a new level of hopelessness found, each week returning to the well of disappointment, each week doing battle with the hordes from Lyon’s cult. History is said to rhyme and today 2019 rhymes with the Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and The Revenge of the Sith.

Without the team to challenge George Lucas we had our sense assaulted with filth. Without the team to challenge Ross Lyon we will continue to have our senses assaulted with bad football.
POTY

Time for a ' New Hope '

A few things I noticed that Ross didn’t change today:

- when plan A isn’t working, try and use the corridor more. We look better moving through the middle and give ourselves the opportunity to score a few quick goals to get back in the game.
- when flooding isn’t working and their defenders are lining up unmanned across the middle to switch the ball, go man on man to stop the easy switch.
- midfielders spread a bit more evenly around the contest. Too many times they had loose men around the stoppage and could get a quick clearance while all our guys hunted the ball.
- keep a few forwards in the forward half. Too many times we had nobody to kick to and turned it over trying to get the ball into our forward line.
- don’t spoil back into the corridor in our D50.
- take the ball through for a rushed behind than keep it in play; it will reduce the chance of a rushed possession and turnover leading to a shot on goal.
- work harder for guys that are getting tagged out of the game.

I hope the media put the heat on Ross this week although I don’t see Ross changing anything anytime soon.

Against Adelaide the comentators were noticing the loose players around the stoppage as our players got sucked into the contest.

Sitting there tiers up yesterday I could see it play out the same way and i managed to call 3-4 Richmond goals before they happened because od how we were set up.

Frustrating stuff.

This guy so jerked off to slave leia...pick them a mile away.

Game was lost on the outside, Tigers moving the ball forward at all times, skilled and tenacious.
While we are trying to create congestion, they just handballed, tapped the ball la Hawks.
Will we ever learn? Congestion kills our game on the rebound, this style of play is ugly takes it toll
and is it sustainable? 2015 has come and gone.

Expecting the same against Brisbane in 2 weeks time unfortunately. Clarkson worked out our style long ago and his assistants have too. We are always outcoached in a very similar way by Simpson, Hardwick and Fagan. We go defensive and try to restrict scoring with stoppages and congestion with numbers at the contest, restricting our own movement in doing so. While they spread hard and pick their way through it. We do well against teams that bomb it in so we might beat Essendon this week, but will get done in by this style of play almost every time.

Seconded for nomination for POTY!

Expecting the same against Brisbane in 2 weeks time unfortunately. Clarkson worked out our style long ago and his assistants have too. We are always outcoached in a very similar way by Simpson, Hardwick and Fagan. We go defensive and try to restrict scoring with stoppages and congestion with numbers at the contest, restricting our own movement in doing so. While they spread hard and pick their way through it. We do well against teams that bomb it in so we might beat Essendon this week, but will get done in by this style of play almost every time.

That's the thing. We've turned over the list and got some decent talent in via the draft and trading. There is development being seen and you'd hope that would be the case. We are a well resourced team.

There's enough progress for Ross to not be sacked but several fatal flaws that we cap any real progress that we will be able to get.

My care factor on our games will never be 100% as long as RTB is there. I dont care how, i just want him gone. Hopefully there are other skeletons in his closet that havent been exposed. We've wasted our window and wasted Nats career.

ACT NOW, before Brayshaw and Cerras careers are wasted as well. Fmd only Ross can reverse the development of 2 top5 picks.

Against Adelaide the comentators were noticing the loose players around the stoppage as our players got sucked into the contest.

Sitting there tiers up yesterday I could see it play out the same way and i managed to call 3-4 Richmond goals before they happened because od how we were set up.

Frustrating stuff.

Something to keep an eye on. The presser is interesting. Seems as if he wasnt 100% on what went wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to wonder where we would be if we had Clarkson at the helm. Honeslty think we would be playing finals fighting to play in the Granny, love the way that man does things.

You had the perfect analogy for the force awakens with this years footy but you didnt take it. hahaha.
  • New stadium = Flashy Visuals,
  • Bell returning = Lawerence Kasdan script,
  • Hogan = actually decent cast,
  • 'New' Game Plan = JJ Abrams Derivative bland directing.
  • Results so far = Still pretty s**t movie

The game plan yesterday would have worked if our forwards could have at least laid the odd tackle or two, they let it come out of their forward line over and over again with little pressure.....Matera, Cox, Hogan, Tabernar mainly work one way when our team has the ball and are pretty poor defensively.

Are we still rebuilding though?

Ross has only debut 1 player this year (Schultz) who was dropped after Round 3 and again in Round 5. Banflield (21 yrs) was dropped after 3 games (R1 20p 7m/R2 9T) and McCarthy (23 yrs) after 6 games and 10 goals.

North, Meek, Sturt, Valente, Bewley, Carter, Watson and Dixon have had zero exposure to AFL level football.

Darcy and Blakely languish in the seconds.

You could make a very strong case that the rebuild has finished and Ross is done looking to the future.

From the Autopsy thread. This is worth a discussion.

Our best squad of say 25-28 at the moment is pretty well balanced in terms of youth, prime (23-27) and senior players. In fact we don't even have all that much youth in the team right now compared to clubs like Geelong (9 players under 50 games last week, at least 4 debutants for the season, 7-1 W/L), Richmond (9 players under 50 games, 4? debutants, 5-3), Brisbane and Port.

Are we still rebuilding? Because it doesn't look like it. In that case, is Ross underperforming with the list at his disposal? Are we judging ourselves against expectations that are too low because we are coming off the back of a few lean years? Should this list realistically be challenging for Top 4 and a flag?

From the Autopsy thread. This is worth a discussion.

Our best squad of say 25-28 at the moment is pretty well balanced in terms of youth, prime (23-27) and senior players. In fact we don't even have all that much youth in the team right now compared to clubs like Geelong (9 players under 50 games last week, at least 4 debutants for the season, 7-1 W/L), Richmond (9 players under 50 games, 4? debutants, 5-3), Brisbane and Port.

Are we still rebuilding? Because it doesn't look like it. In that case, is Ross underperforming with the list at his disposal? Are we judging ourselves against expectations that are too low because we are coming off the back of a few lean years? Should this list realistically be challenging for Top 4 and a flag?

Not sure about top 4 but our list is definitely good enough to be playing and even winning finals. No doubt about that.

Won’t make a call on “Sack Ross” until the season is over. I’m using the Development of Bradshaw and Cerra as my yard stick, undecided.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am also in that part of the dockers section on letting Ross See out this season. Again, Imagine if he was out of contract this year. He would be fighting for his career.
Starting to wonder where we would be if we had Clarkson at the helm. Honeslty think we would be playing finals fighting to play in the Granny, love the way that man does things.
I wont deny Clarkson is a good coach.

Under Lyon, we are where I hoped we would be: Around a finals spot.

Had we had Alan Richardson or Mark Neeld, we would be bottom 4

no point sacking him mid season might as well wait till seasons end ....but for me he is gone an assistant coach at best in todays game
I'm going to post this here because I dont want to de-rail the Hogan thread.

I really find you to be the worst kind of supporter.

From looking at your history, posting frequently with plenty of criticism up until April 19. Then crickets for the next two weeks apart from one random post on Brandon Matera that found some weird way to still take a potshot at Lyon.

Then low and behold, you're back with vengeance after the Adelaide game

Be honest, were you happy or annoyed when we were 4 and 2?

I'm going to post this here because I dont want to de-rail the Hogan thread.

I really find you to be the worst kind of supporter.

From looking at your history, posting frequently with plenty of criticism up until April 19. Then crickets for the next two weeks apart from one random post on Brandon Matera that found some weird way to still take a potshot at Lyon.

Then low and behold, you're back with vengeance after the Adelaide game

Be honest, were you happy or annoyed when we were 4 and 2?
ROSS LYON is not the man you are looking for......i will leave it at that

Back