Autopsy Round 8 : Hawks strangle Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

James Cousins - can you please be confident of taking the shot at goal whenever you're within 50m of goal? There's a much better chance of the ball going through the big sticks if you kick it yourself rather than passing it off.
He’s pretty reliable from about 50 on the run hey?

Looking better than the other bloke he passed of to these days :p

Brad Hill is a massive whipping boy the entire time he is at the Hawks and consistently gets called soft

Loses Brad Hill and people realize how important he was to the team

Gets Tom Scully just for people to treat him the exact same way...

Yeah, nah. Scully>>>>>>>>>soft-as-wet-tp-Hill

Here's what I'm hoping, second half of the season we gain steam as our fitness reaches peak levels.
Reckon we started a little later than most into pre-season training etc in a bid to not kill our players over the last 6-8 rounds.
Especially with young players with fewer pre-seasons in their legs being asked to play major roles.
Could be exciting Hawks, lets load up.:cool:

Poppy was like a man possessed chasing from opponent to the next with intent.
I’ve been on the cuzzy train from before Rd 1 and it’s great to see clarko show so much faith in the young kid. Seems a determined character and has a real good eye for goal which comes naturally. He does make mistakes but even he admitted to that . Promising signs from the kid.

That goal in the last was a gem. Have another look at it on the HFC website.

James Cousins - can you please be confident of taking the shot at goal whenever you're within 50m of goal? There's a much better chance of the ball going through the big sticks if you kick it yourself rather than passing it off.
if you are referring to the botched handball to Sicily I think the distance was just to much for Cuz and Sicily was all alone. Had Cuz handballed properly Sicily would have kicked it, had Cousins taken the shot it would have fell short.

Which wingman is playing better than Henderson?

Why wouldn't he be in the AA squad?

Agreed. The pundits will want Gaff in there as a feel good story or some of the younder blokes, but Hendo's numbers are absolutely elite.

if you are referring to the botched handball to Sicily I think the distance was just to much for Cuz and Sicily was all alone. Had Cuz handballed properly Sicily would have kicked it, had Cousins taken the shot it would have fell short.
That was a horrible moment from Sicily. Running onto his left foot near the 50 (and with an opponent on his hammer) "cuz cuz cuz" :drunk:
Should never have called for the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media in hysterics on social media all morning around our low crowd. So much salt. Lulz.
Wasn't there only 20k at Marvel?

- 2 victorian teams
- under a roof, away from the cold
- more friendly time slot

Why would the heat be on us against a recurring horrible 3:20 time slot against the team with the lowest support in the league?

Media in hysterics on social media all morning around our low crowd. So much salt. Lulz.
Richmond in their last mcg against gws managed 35k in a 2.10 pm Saturday timeslot when they were flying for the first time in 30 years. Hawthorn 3:25 the worst time slot on Mothers day and people wonder why the crowd was down....

Comparison Collingwood managed 42k last year in the same time slot Vs Geelong

A few observations:

1. Lowest crowd since that game against Port so many years ago. We were smart and booked a Mother's day lunch in Swan street, then a leisurely walk to the MCG - and my wife is a Hawks fan, so 2 birds with 1 stone.

2. Really strange that we had no 2008 heroes in the team. Plenty of youngsters to get excited about though. The crowd was pretty quiet early, but we made a lot of noise in the 3rd and 4th quarters, as people saw what was developing and happening in front of us.

3. The defensive pressure was manic: the Giants players barely had any possession without being harassed. I really expected it to fall off in the Last, but they were just brilliant to the final siren.

4. Special mention to Jarman Impey: apart from the massive pressure he put on the opposition, he was kicking goals then mopping up in the backline, and playing both positions like a veteran. And his pace is a huge part of that. He has taken some steps this year.

5. And my daughters spotted Ryan Shoenmakers and a few of the Box Hill Hawks a few rows in front of us, watching the game. Amazing how women can spot a tall, good-looking footballer in a crowd...

Go Hawks

The 3.20pm time slot sucks for everyone but Channel 7. Add in mothers day and your gonna suffer in attendance.
How about not giving us the same time slot every week.
Mothers day is the biggest factor, here's a list of the last few Mother's day matches.

North Melbourne 11.12 (78) def. by Sydney 18.12 (120) Etihad Stadium (crowd: 21,589)
St Kilda 11.9 (75) def. by North Melbourne 11.16 (82) Etihad Stadium (crowd: 27,254)
Carlton 11.9 (75) def. by Brisbane Lions 12.12 (84) Etihad Stadium (crowd: 20,273)
Melbourne 7.12 (54) def. by Gold Coast 16.18 (114) MCG (crowd: 13,304)
Collingwood 5.15 (45) def. by Geelong 9.12 (66) MCG (crowd: 44,602)

I am sorry, but for what it is worth, I passionately disagree.
So many of our supporters are fair weather, I get Mothers Day and the time slot, but a genuine top four supported Club would do better. The MCC expected 27k.
14000 for a so called top four club, is an utter, utter disgrace. Mother’s Day or not !! It is a convenient excuse. Any wonder this Club nearly merged. I was intensely involved in the merger debate and this effort by so called Hawthorn people is the epitome of why we were a candidate.
80000 members, I am sorry it is a disgrace.

I know this view will rankle a few, but that crowd was a massive disappointment. I will duck for cover now.

I am a regular attendee to Home games but yesterday I could not get out of family commitments.
Saw most of the match on TV - but that does not help attendances.
Mother's day is an extremely difficult day to please the family.

Wasn't there only 20k at Marvel?

- 2 victorian teams
- under a roof, away from the cold
- more friendly time slot

Why would the heat be on us against a recurring horrible 3:20 time slot against the team with the lowest support in the league?
Lregit could not be a worse time slot for us on Mother's Day it stops any chance of going to a Mother's Day lunch or dinner with travel times for most people.

I am sorry, but for what it is worth, I passionately disagree.
So many of our supporters are fair weather, I get Mothers Day and the time slot, but a genuine top four supported Club would do better. The MCC expected 27k.
14000 for a so called top four club, is an utter, utter disgrace. Mother’s Day or not !! It is a convenient excuse. Any wonder this Club nearly merged. I was intensely involved in the merger debate and this effort by so called Hawthorn people is the epitome of why we were a candidate.
80000 members, I am sorry it is a disgrace.

I know this view will rankle a few, but that crowd was a massive disappointment. I will duck for cover now.
If I lived in Melbourne I couldn't see a scenario where I didn't go to a Hawthorn game in Melbourne except for a family emergency.

If I lived in Melbourne I couldn't see a scenario where I didn't go to a Hawthorn game in Melbourne except for a family emergency.
I went, but I don't begrudge those who didn't.

Life gets in the way sometimes, and its just football. There are many ways to support the club, and they don't start and end with being at the ground for every match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back