Spider Eater

Importer/Exporter
Feb 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've had ideas to modernise our current logo for some time, while keeping all the elements.
I'll just call it a 'reboot'... as is the rage in Hollywood these days.
This is the first attempt worth posting.

St.Kilda-Logo.png

Last edited:
this is a very worthy discussion. It might go nowhere, but that it is no reason to have the discussion, especially before the season starts.I don't mind replacing St.K.F.C. with St. Kilda, but I would suggest the quickest and best design would be to retain St.K.F.C. but to remove all the stops, so it looks like this
1551689702605.png

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
this is a very worthy discussion. It might go nowhere, but that it is no reason to have the discussion, especially before the season starts.I don't mind replacing St.K.F.C. with St. Kilda, but I would suggest the quickest and best design would be to retain St.K.F.C. but to remove all the stops, so it looks like this
View attachment 629208
‘Little T-dot’ has to stay, it’s an iconic element of the logo. I’d be indifferent with the other dots nicking off.

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon a great idea for an alternative strip would to keep it similar to our home guernsey, but put a white horizontal line for a cross and taper in the red and black at the bottom to essentially make our shield, while having a white back and shorts.

What are people's thoughts?

I reckon a great idea for an alternative strip would to keep it similar to our home guernsey, but put a white horizontal line for a cross and taper in the red and black at the bottom to essentially make our shield, while having a white back and shorts.

What are people's thoughts?
Would love to see a drawing of this

Parkers tatts

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going through some recent St Kilda paraphernalia I noticed irregularities and oversights of the current design and implementation of the St Kilda shield. It unfortunately creates a sense of amateurishness when looking up and seeing information about the club.

A few examples include the poorly rendered shield and ribbons on the official website and Instagram:
View attachment 376041
View attachment 376042
Notice the illegibility of the fortius que fidelius, the fragile shield outlines and the use of multiple red colours.
View attachment 376043
Even the social media department of the club seem to have a dislike in using the shield for the score updates on Instagram, resorting to the tricolour instead:
View attachment 376044
The (almost one pixel) thin lines also create a problem with embroidery, giving off a cheap look:
View attachment 376045
It also seems logical that the club refresh the crest given the move back to Moorabin.

Now that my (admittedly anal) distaste for the current crest is known, I decided to have a crack and try and fix its drawbacks. I looked at logos from a few soccer leagues, including the Paris Saint Germain logo update:
View attachment 376046
A couple notable design principles stood out, keep it simple and thickening the lines.

So without further to blabber on about, I give you the my proposal for an updated crest.
View attachment 452391
View attachment 452392
Also of note with my logo is that the ribbon now 'fits' the shield, as it goes along with the curvature of the shield.
View attachment 452393
Here's an update of the STK you see on the recent hats sold by the club.
View attachment 452394
Feel free to criticise, comment and share.
Tomato tomatoe

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Nice to see my branding slowly seep through. This was on channel 7's gameday not too long ago:
View attachment 672677
It must be bittersweet to see your ideas broadcasted to the mainstream but without payment or credit. Like those folks in football crowds who create chants that become world famous.

Still it is an awesome looking wallpaper idea. That Saints iPhone case sucks the big one though.

They may not have credited it because the logo is club property and maybe if used without permission they don't need to credit it to anyone.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Looks like the logo on club website has a stronger white boarder, along the lines of SFgiant designs.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Looks like the logo on club website has a stronger white boarder, along the lines of SFgiant designs.
I think they just increased the quality of the crest. There's definitely some more 'crispness' to it now.

I've updated my concept a bit more. Have a geez. The bottom crest is the update.
update.png

I fell in love with a font and decided to use it for the saints (that C tho). It also allows for a bit of cool movement when italicised..
STK Secondaries.png

STK Wordmark.png

Let me know what you think!!

Back