Autopsy Rd 8 Blues deserving but no reward again

Who played well in Round 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems overly optimistic - we have lost 6 games so far against the 10 teams not in the 8 ie the bottom teams. We have many more games against the Top 8 to come.

Also last season 10 wins got you 12th place - and 7 wins got you 15th place. So it’s hard to see us finish above 15th - which fortunately means a favorable draw in 2020.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
true but geelong and collingwood are probably 1 and 2. a healthy richmond would be 3 (of course we're the only team this year that had to play a healthy richmond).

i'd honestly say there isn't much separating 4th from 18th. adelaide are 3rd right now and they got beaten by north and annihilated at home by hawthorn who we should have beaten in tasmania.

but our losses against gold coast and sydney (teams i consider us to be better than) will hurt our finishing position big time.

Can't help but think of the Sydney game, the Hawthorn game, the Collingwood game in the same vein, a recurring nightmare I cannot wake up from.

All those experienced sides showed us in key moments how to make 50-50 chances count, how to get the umpire to see things their way, how to rally when needed and how to play siren to siren.

Can't help but be frustrated to the point of screaming, but would also have to be blind freddy not to see we're on the improve and only a fraction off being really really competitive. Unfortunately it's a really tough fraction to get.

Much happier with this effort. Last playing first and we took it right up to them. Pies fans would have been sh!tting their pants at the 20 minute mark of the final quarter. What a shame Collingwood got some soft goals at the death - it marred what had been a really good, close contest. Regardless of who won, a winning margin of less than a goal would have been fitting.

I'm feeling optimistic again. Had the umpiring been less one-sided, who knows? It might have been a lot closer at least.
Have not seen such a one sided free kick tally (24-8) in such a close game in years. But I suppose Williams with 43 touches never got a Brownlow vote, and ended up costing him the Brownlow. The AFL has never had an investigation. Add that to their many failings.

Can't help but think of the Sydney game, the Hawthorn game, the Collingwood game in the same vein, a recurring nightmare I cannot wake up from.

All those experienced sides showed us in key moments how to make 50-50 chances count, how to get the umpire to see things their way, how to rally when needed and how to play siren to siren.

Can't help but be frustrated to the point of screaming, but would also have to be blind freddy not to see we're on the improve and only a fraction off being really really competitive. Unfortunately it's a really tough fraction to get.
the sydney game was a bit different in that we didn't played below our best for large stretches in that game. hawthorn and collingwood football was outstanding.

FWIW the collingwood game was the first time ever that kruezer, mcgovern, charlie and mckay have played in the same team.

Amazing none of the media calling for Bolton's head this week. Its the same coach, same team, same result (a loss) but no-one baying for blood. Sickens me this week-to-week media driven agenda.
Damian ‘Ego’ Barrett is suggesting if we don’t win 6 out of final 14 games he’s cooked. He said that this loss was worse than the North loss. In an article on afl website this morn.

Just watched replay of the game.
The effort was there we ran out of legs with 5 mins to go. Umpires also gifted them 3 goals by missed frees to us and gave the filth all the momentum but overall the boys really did play well. Our skill level and decision making needs to improve but that will come with game experience and a few older players coming back to settle the nerves of the younger guys.
Feel sorry for Cripps he looked personally hurt after the game.
If we keep that effort for the rest of the year we will beat teams around us and scare a couple above. GO BLUES!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up to our necks in this game. Really should've won. A great effort and the cogs are slowly starting to mesh. Go back to 5 mins to go with a lead and 8 outta ten times we win. The pies got lucky and the umps didnt help. Elim final few years back against brisbane the same. Lions went to arsey town on us and it fell apart in about 5 mins. You can be as mentally tough as you want, sometimes the pins refuse to fall your way. Happens to all sides.
Good to see the players respond and understand what type of effort is required week in week out. Clear to me the coach has them on side and it's good to see the kick up the backside they got post the roos game sunk in. Proud of the lads, just would've been nice to sink the boots into Eddie Mac after his little jab during the week.
He'll keep......

The way things stand, we are absolutely capable of stringing a few in a row. Dang it we're so close. The rubber band keeps stretching. When it goes bang we're going to get on top of a few teams. Got some real talent just need to keep the head on the grindstone a finish the job. A bit of luck wouldn't go astray.

As it stands I have numerous crows fans dancing around me like leprechauns in joyous rapture. As with Eddie, they'll keep.

Up to our necks in this game. Really should've won. A great effort and the cogs are slowly starting to mesh. Go back to 5 mins to go with a lead and 8 outta ten times we win. The pies got lucky and the umps didnt help. Elim final few years back against brisbane the same. Lions went to arsey town on us and it fell apart in about 5 mins. You can be as mentally tough as you want, sometimes the pins refuse to fall your way. Happens to all sides.
Good to see the players respond and understand what type of effort is required week in week out. Clear to me the coach has them on side and it's good to see the kick up the backside they got post the roos game sunk in. Proud of the lads, just would've been nice to sink the boots into Eddie Mac after his little jab during the week.
He'll keep......

The way things stand, we are absolutely capable of stringing a few in a row. Dang it we're so close. The rubber band keeps stretching. When it goes bang we're going to get on top of a few teams. Got some real talent just need to keep the head on the grindstone a finish the job. A bit of luck wouldn't go astray.

As it stands I have numerous crows fans dancing around me like leprechauns in joyous rapture. As with Eddie, they'll keep.
Always like reading your posts, Ocker and fresh:thumbsu:

It hurts that we couldn't close it out, but this game just reinforced that we are not far off it all coming together.

Mark my words, 2020 is going start being fun. And 2021 onwards is going to be awesome.

Damian ‘Ego’ Barrett is suggesting if we don’t win 6 out of final 14 games he’s cooked. He said that this loss was worse than the North loss. In an article on afl website this morn.
If Damian has honestly made that comment, he clearly has a deep seeded hatred for Carlton.
He needs to be taken around the back and be bitch slapped. I hate the guy.
Has got one of those faces, only a mother could love.
I reckon he was beaten up as a kid by Carlton supporters. Rant over.....

He'll keep......

Good post BD, agree with all comments.

A number of Pies supporters who were at the game, say the carlton team have great talent, just need to stick fat, Cripps is an absolute STAR and they all thought they were gone after he kicked that amazing goal in the last quarter.

If Damian has honestly made that comment, he clearly has a deep seeded hatred for Carlton.
He needs to be taken around the back and be bitch slapped. I hate the guy.
Has got one of those faces, only a mother could love.
I reckon he was beaten up as a kid by Carlton supporters. Rant over.....

It's not an anti-Carlton vendetta. He's just poking the hornet's nest to stir up drama.

It what he does. Don't take it personally.

Back