Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

He almost singlehandedly dragged across the line v GWS last year. 36 possessions 9 clearances 9 tackles.

A number of those clearances were out of the middle in the last quarter when we made a run at them, but they were good enough to close it out late with a couple of goals.

He hasn’t been great this year, now whether that’s form, injury or something else external we have no idea.

I’ll say this though, given the choice between Gibbs and 1 or 2 of the other rabbits we have running around doing SFA, I’d have him every time, even out of form.
I'd have a three quarter Gibbs over half of the AFL. There is something definitely going on though. I hope it's injury rather than the rumour/s.

I don’t think this has anything to do with Browns inclusion
Bryce has not been right all year
I suggested depression/anxiety weeks back
It may not be that
Gastro symptoms can also present as this
I was really damming on him staying in the SANFL
I still believe that
Whatever ever it is I hope the lad can come good
Your first call may have been around the mark

Sometimes 250 gamers career end abruptly, like his might.

There is an awful lot of pressure on him, we over traded for him, he's on good coin. Hasn't done anything to justify this. Other guys have played thier hearts out for us, won games, changed seasons and don't get the meal ticket he's on. Maybe he feels this, maybe sections of the playing group, make him feel this.

We have the right to sledge him, tell him to give his wage back as he's not earning it. Maybe it will spark him, but definatley sound a warning to other Freeloaders, we won't take this crap

Back issues are awful to deal with too. Can take the power out your legs, just every move can hurt, can't bend down. I had back spasms before and they're not fun to deal with.
My back spasm was causing a pain around to the top of my front groin area and it was affecting my ability to take of with speed when running Didn’t we hear he had groin troubles in pre season . Maybe the two are correlated. Gibbs is seeming to be running at one pace this year and has lost his burst speed. It’s definitely an injury he is trying to play through .

He almost singlehandedly dragged across the line v GWS last year. 36 possessions 9 clearances 9 tackles.

A number of those clearances were out of the middle in the last quarter when we made a run at them, but they were good enough to close it out late with a couple of goals.

He hasn’t been great this year, now whether that’s form, injury or something else external we have no idea.

I’ll say this though, given the choice between Gibbs and 1 or 2 of the other rabbits we have running around doing SFA, I’d have him every time, even out of form.

Yeah - not sure about what people are on about. Had a good season last year. Thought he was best on ground for us in the Essendon and Bulldogs games as well. Was top 3 for us in Meters Gained, Inside 50's, Clearances and score involvements. Pretty good season.

Has been out of place this year. Think that with MCrouch, Sloane and BRouch all healthy in 2019 - it has made it really tough for him to get involved enough.

Feel like we need to persist though. At his best he is a very good player and will be valuable come September. Need to get him right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropped again.
Terrible trade by the club and most posters called it at the time.
With the log jam of players to get in the firsts cant see him back in for awhile.

I think Pyke is saying "This aint Carltank, you perform every week not when you feel like it, if you don't want it somebody is waiting to take your spot"

Gastro and back spasms the other week.
Sounds like the excuses I give when I'm ringing in a sickie 😆.

I doubt we’d be able to push Gibbs out, he’ll be happy cruising around in the SANFL. He didn’t come here due to a desire to play for the Adelaide Footy Club or achieve success, here’s here because it’s personally convenient and we’re his biggest available meal ticket. JJ I think could go because I don’t think he likes playing SANFL. Gibbs is pure Carlton.
Yeah nah................Where did this come from? I have heard interviews and seen his performances for Carlton over the years and for the Crows last season. He is a quality player. That is not in dispute. You are trying to portray him as some sort of opportunist with little integrity. I haven't seen any of this at all. Others have tried to include his father in the ranting. So my impression is that you guys are just feeding off each other at the expense of Bryce and his father.... piss weak!

I doubt we’d be able to push Gibbs out, he’ll be happy cruising around in the SANFL. He didn’t come here due to a desire to play for the Adelaide Footy Club or achieve success, here’s here because it’s personally convenient and we’re his biggest available meal ticket. JJ I think could go because I don’t think he likes playing SANFL. Gibbs is pure Carlton.
Roo said he is earning less than $550K (which was what McGovern was on) and he was very good at the start of last year when both Sloane and the Crouch brothers were out.

Yeah nah................Where did this come from? I have heard interviews and seen his performances for Carlton over the years and for the Crows last season. He is a quality player. That is not in dispute. You are trying to portray him as some sort of opportunist with little integrity. I haven't seen any of this at all. Others have tried to include his father in the ranting. So my impression is that you guys are just feeding off each other at the expense of Bryce and his father.... piss weak!

I posted that 2 weeks ago and I’ve never mentioned his old man. I posted in the year that we didn’t get him that he was a cruiser, he’s always been a cruiser. It’s just who he is. He didn’t have a great season, he had a very good first half and then, you guessed it, cruised to the line. Why do you think he keeps getting dropped? Although, I’d nit have dropped him.

Roo said he is earning less than $550K (which was what McGovern was on) and he was very good at the start of last year when both Sloane and the Crouch brothers were out.

So, $550k is still about $250k more than Port could have squeezed in. Point is that it was a family situation that landed him at our club not a desire to play for us or increase his likelihood of achieving success. He started well last year and then went through the motions for the last half of the year. He’s now been dropped twice in a few games, don’t tell me how good he is, let the coaches know. They’re the ones making the mistakes here.

So, $550k is still about $250k more than Port could have squeezed in. Point is that it was a family situation that landed him at our club not a desire to play for us or increase his likelihood of achieving success. He started well last year and then went through the motions for the last half of the year. He’s now been dropped twice in a few games, don’t tell me how good he is, let the coaches know. They’re the ones making the mistakes here.
Same coaches that gifted Mackay 200+ games?

Some thing isn't right, no way was he close to the worst last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back