Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats not even cruising and now 3 goals up, by the way.

It's like they're the only team in the AFL that has the whole of the ground working together at the same time. They don't concede easy scores and then just shred opponents working back the other way.

Problem remains that they still seem to be starting games asleep.

If there is such a thing as a "pressure forward" it looks like Garry Rohan's last 10 minutes.

He's held North up 2 or 3 times and just created a goal from hitting a contest.

This is a crazy nest of results this round. Almost enough to wonder if the league has evolved into a WWW-style entertainment rather than a sports league. Almost enough to put me off watching AFL. I'm disillusioned.

Last edited:
Whilst effective today, overall hawthorne are the most boring team to watch in the afl. They play a very slow, stagnant unattractive style of football

Clarkson knows he does not have the cattle to win a shoot out so he has adapted his gameplan to win. He is rolling an 8 man defense out nearly everytime. Watch them next time. one of their wings and one of their forwards (normally Gunston) is rolling towards their defensive end every time.

He has brought back the flood.

Hawks drop a 4 time premiership club favourite after a bad spell. Take down a top 2 side in convincing fashion whilst at the start of a rebuild, with a healthy % bump

We bring back Myers after a single game out and lose to the bottom of the ladder side whilst in some imaginary window, foregoing a % bump

FML
I hate football

I'm one of the biggest footyheads you're likely to meet. Absolutely love the game.

But the league, and the way it's being run, has lost me. I just don't care anymore. I'm trying hard to be keen and interested but there are clear favourites, no rule book, and no punishment for officials that do NOT do what they're paid to do.

I can't feign it anymore. I just don't care.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm one of the biggest footyheads you're likely to meet. Absolutely love the game.

But the league, and the way it's being run, has lost me. I just don't care anymore. I'm trying to hard to be keen and interested but there are clear favourites, no rule book, and no punishment for officials that do NOT do what they're paid to do.

No worries I'll do the match day thread this week mate.

But the league, and the way it's being run, has lost me. I just don't care anymore. I'm trying to hard to be keen and interested but there are clear favourites, no rule book, and no punishment for officials that do NOT do what they're paid to do.

So you're saying this weeks rant will just be a picture of Jane Bunn and nothing else?

I will accept this.

I feel exactly the same way. The umpire warning Rampe instead of paying a free, as per the rules, was just another case of the AFL paying favorites. Then they have the gaul to approve it as the correct decision. The idiots at the AFL don't care about the fans, and just do what suits their own agendas. Thank goodness I am going overseas and can ignore this crap for the next few weeks.

I usually watch most, if not all, the AFL games on the weekend. This weekend I watched mostly rugby. I just don't believe in the integrity of the AFL competition and, as a result, am not as invested emotionally (which to me is the whole point of watching sport - that you need to care who wins) as I was. I'm close to being done with the AFL comp.

1. Rampe climbs post, gets told to get down - against rules but no free paid
2. AFL CEO says umpire got it right because of the 'feel' and the vibe
3. AFL issue a please explain to Rampe

You couldn't make this s**t up.

Wonder who cashed in at the bookies (and didn't) with the Swans getting up?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

You couldn't make this **** up.

The only suprising part is that they issued a please explain. I have no idea why they would do that. Are they trying to appear as though they are doing some sort of due dilligence?

You couldn't make this **** up.

Whatever happened to "the optics" of the game?!

I know it can't and won't happen, but I'd love Bombers supporters to vote with their feet for just one week.
Unfortunately the AFL is so twisted and self indulgent, they would just say the supporters have abandoned the club.
Such a difficult scenario when there is no way to give them negative feedback.

Ablett goes and elbows another person in the head one week after he only just escaped suspension for the same thing and gets off.

Fyfe goes elbow first into Lynch's head and gets off.

Sam Durdin clashes heads with Rohan and gets suspended....

Im done folks. Between this, ANZAC day umpiring justification and the Goal post justification I have had it with the AFL bending rules to meet their narrative.

The only suprising part is that they issued a please explain. I have no idea why they would do that. Are they trying to appear as though they are doing some sort of due dilligence?
I would love Rampe to come out and say i was trying to shake the post enough to put his shot off
Just to see what Gil and co do.

I would love Rampe to come out and say i was trying to shake the post enough to put his shot off
Just to see what Gil and co do.

Just had a presser. Afl scripted doesnt kmow what he was doing but definitely didnt intend to shake the.post. total bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back