Preview Round 9, 2019: Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Do not drop Marshall for this match.
It is important for his confidence that he is exposed to a team where a good win is PROBABLE.
Perhaps they have been waiting for this match to place both Marshall and Frampton in the same team.
Perhaps master tactician Hinkley has had this planned all along.

I’m pretty much only going if Frampton gets a gig otherwise they can go away or go for a water ski for all I care
Same as me. Manning an election day BBQ at youngest son's school Saturday to help with their fund raising, so not going to waste my one day off this weekend going to the Hinkley s**t show without some hope of decent football. IDGAF if we win by 60 if we're playing the same crap way.

I don't think it'll be below 25k but I'll be surprised if it's over 30k. Expecting a bore, low scoring game. I'll be very surprised if we lose but it's not going to be a convincing win if we do get up. With a win we will see Hinkley with his chest out saying how we were brave and made the most of our opportunities. Lose, and Hinkley will say that we need to convert our scoring chances and need to continue to be brave going forward.

At the very least, Hinkley is a journalist's dream. They can just use the same pre-write week after week.

Nah be positive this will be our Geelong v Richmond 2007 style massarce which will see us take all before us on the way to the 2019 flag😜
I remember that game so well as we played Melbourne at the G on the same afternoon. The Cats did not have a great start in 2007 and they were on notice to turn their season around by beating the Tigers at Docklands. In the Melbourne Sunday paper a scribe took the Cats to task by calling them a lot of losers and team of party time boys. This scribe would have culled about 10 to 15 players from their list. He was brutal!!
Well they smashed the Tigers by about 20 goals and remained undefeated until we beat them at the cattery late in the season. We all know what happened grand final day 2007 - it wasn’t good.
Perhaps a similar newspaper item may help our underperforming players!

April 2011, 40 points up against a winless mob of kids from the Gold Coast and we choked big time (including Justin Westoff missing after the siren to win the game) apart from 2013, 2014 we have achieved sweet bugger all since.

There is a lot of doom and gloom on here at the moment, which I can understand, however take a step back and think about where we are.

We have played the entire top 4 from last year already, as well as the Crows and a young up and coming Brisbane team on their home deck. We should have won the Brisbane game, Crows game and the Richmond game, but we shot ourselves in the foot. The only game we got smashed in and didn't stand a chance was the Collingwood game.

Everyone would have said the following games were a loss prior to the season starting and us having a full list:

• Richmond
  • Collingwood
  • Adelaide
  • West Coast
  • Melbourne
  • Brisbane Away
If you were to tip our games at the start of the year, everyone had us at 2-6, or at best 3-5. This is even before our horrendous run of injuries. Our draw really starts to open up now. We have GC at home, Hawks away, Saints in China, Freo away, Geelong at home, Bulldogs at home. I would dare say we win 5 out of those 6, at worst 4 out of the 6. Our players will start trickling back in this week with hopefully Ebert and Jonas, then Robbie for China, Ollie, Dixon, Burton and Hartlett early after the bye.

This is such an even season and we are most certainly still in with a chance.

Last edited:
There is a lot of doom and gloom on here at the moment, which I can understand, however take a step back and think about where we are.

We have played the entire top 4 from last year already, as well as the Crows and a young up and coming Brisbane team on their home deck. We should have won the Brisbane game, Crows game and the Richmond game, but we shot ourselves in the foot. The only game we got smashed in and didn't stand a chance was the Collingwood game.

Everyone would have said the following games were a loss prior to the season starting and us having a full list:

• Richmond
  • Collingwood
  • Adelaide
  • West Coast
  • Melbourne
  • Brisbane Away
If you were to tip our games at the start of the year, everyone had us at 2-6, or at best 3-5. This is even before our horrendous run of injuries. Our draw really starts to open up now. We have GC at home, Hawks away, Saints in China, Freo away, Geelong at home, Bulldogs at home. I would dare say we win 5 out of those 6, at worst 4 out of the 6. Our players will start trickling back in this week with hopefully Ebert and Jonas, then Robbie for China, Ollie, Dixon, Burton and Hartlett early after the bye.

This is such an even season and we are most certainly still in with a chance.

You're right, but I think a fair bit of the doom and gloom is that we did shoot ourselves in the foot with the losses we've had and also watching the way we lost. If we had just lost because we weren't that good, I think people would deal with it better. Even the loss to Collingwood, had we played as well as we could for the full 4 quarters and lost by the same margin, OK. But we hardly showed up in the first quarter and that was the game.

Anyway, let's just take it one week at a time ;) and see how we go. Where there's life there's hope.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back