Tassie4ever

Dec 7, 2007
so someone out for 6 weeks I think they call long term. Not that I think he will play this year but I reckon someone could easily get injured late in the year if he has developed enough but still i think we won't see hime until latter next season. Ha ha maybe by then Roughead will be up here coaching him.

Have heard this seriously suggested elsewhere. Blimey, that'd make it Fagan, Kodge and maybe Roughy.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
I guess we have to look at who is knocking down the door and what position they are doing it for if there are going to be changes. You would think the person coming in has to have the potential to play the role better. Keays has been a small forward and got a lot of his goals leading to a mid fielder come through. (not that our NEAFL mid fielders have a lot of pressure on them so can deliver) You would say he has been banging pretty hard so it would be McArthy or Oscar if they decide to drop back to the 1 ruck option.

I don't think Keays is a swap for Rayner as Keys doest fly so much for marks but Wooller can and plays a lead up forward that does help out in the mid field. Wooler is a replacement for Rayner if that was to happen.

Our backline in the NEAFL are really untested, well haven't had an opportunity to bang on the door. Nick Robbo played well on the weekend but roamed deep into the forwards to get his disposals and did run both ways. Hinge had a quite game down back but our whole backline could have put up a camp table and played cards for the last 5 weeks. Christensen played well down back in the latter part of last season and played well in the NEAFL but we kinda know his top end along with Basti.

The only one from a wing or flank that is an outside chance is little Berry, hard as nails and a good motor. A Berry on both wings seems appealing with their mate McCluggage in the centre. (ahhh a country boys dream)

In the midfield its Corey Lyons and Mathieson doing the hard yakka but not sure we need to replace anyone in the firsts in that area yet. Eli seems to be getting his feet but a while off yet. Starcevich could play this week in the reserves, Cox has been away with personal issues and needs more time back, went ok on the weekend but for a guy who kicks equally with both feet still misses targets.

I can't see a lot of the changes suggested happening, we are simply short of running backman currently in form or not injured. Changing the forwards seems probable Rayner, McCarthy, Big O, McStay have similar replacement for their positions and 2 of them could go to Keays and Wooller or possibly Ballenden.

But I think they will hold their nerve and Walker will replace Bailey and the Reserves will all enjoy a round of golf together on their bye weekend and bitch about lack of opportunity.

what a great piece of commentary there.

"Harry carr with the goal"

"no problems with traffic for carr there because he was out on the open road and bangs it through for a goal"

well done sir well done

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
I guess we have to look at who is knocking down the door and what position they are doing it for if there are going to be changes. You would think the person coming in has to have the potential to play the role better. Keays has been a small forward and got a lot of his goals leading to a mid fielder come through. (not that our NEAFL mid fielders have a lot of pressure on them so can deliver) You would say he has been banging pretty hard so it would be McArthy or Oscar if they decide to drop back to the 1 ruck option.

I don't think Keays is a swap for Rayner as Keys doest fly so much for marks but Wooller can and plays a lead up forward that does help out in the mid field. Wooler is a replacement for Rayner if that was to happen.

Our backline in the NEAFL are really untested, well haven't had an opportunity to bang on the door. Nick Robbo played well on the weekend but roamed deep into the forwards to get his disposals and did run both ways. Hinge had a quite game down back but our whole backline could have put up a camp table and played cards for the last 5 weeks. Christensen played well down back in the latter part of last season and played well in the NEAFL but we kinda know his top end along with Basti.

The only one from a wing or flank that is an outside chance is little Berry, hard as nails and a good motor. A Berry on both wings seems appealing with their mate McCluggage in the centre. (ahhh a country boys dream)

In the midfield its Corey Lyons and Mathieson doing the hard yakka but not sure we need to replace anyone in the firsts in that area yet. Eli seems to be getting his feet but a while off yet. Starcevich could play this week in the reserves, Cox has been away with personal issues and needs more time back, went ok on the weekend but for a guy who kicks equally with both feet still misses targets.

I can't see a lot of the changes suggested happening, we are simply short of running backman currently in form or not injured. Changing the forwards seems probable Rayner, McCarthy, Big O, McStay have similar replacement for their positions and 2 of them could go to Keays and Wooller or possibly Ballenden.

But I think they will hold their nerve and Walker will replace Bailey and the Reserves will all enjoy a round of golf together on their bye weekend and bitch about lack of opportunity.
One of our better players in recent weeks in the NEAFL......and is a running back with a penetrating kick is Allison.........suck it n see?

jackess

30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
More family commitments for Cox

BRISBANE
B: 42. J Madden 40. J Payne 41. M Eagles
HB: 19. J Allison 48. T Wischnat 51. K Coleman
C: 26. T Cutler 37. B Starcevich 1. B Keays
HF: 39. C Lyons 34. T Wooller 13. T Berry
F: 53. T Jeffrey 21. S Skinner 45. C McFayden
R: 47. T Fullarton 32. T Joyce 4. R Bastinac
Int (from): 3. A Christensen 14. J Walker 18. N Robertson 22. M Hinge 28. L Taylor 35. R Lester 38. C Ballenden 44. A Smith
Emg: 55. T Matthews 58. E Hunt 52. J Quint 54. J Currie
In: 37. B Starcevich 48. T Wischnat 53. T Jeffrey
Out: 36. R Mathieson (suspended) 8. E Smith (injured) 20. C Cox (family commitment)
New: 48. T Wischnat 53. T Jeffrey

dizzysquizz

May 16, 2016
brisbane
More family commitments for Cox

BRISBANE
B:
42. J Madden 40. J Payne 41. M Eagles
HB: 19. J Allison 48. T Wischnat 51. K Coleman
C: 26. T Cutler 37. B Starcevich 1. B Keays
HF: 39. C Lyons 34. T Wooller 13. T Berry
F: 53. T Jeffrey 21. S Skinner 45. C McFayden
R: 47. T Fullarton 32. T Joyce 4. R Bastinac
Int (from): 3. A Christensen 14. J Walker 18. N Robertson 22. M Hinge 28. L Taylor 35. R Lester 38. C Ballenden 44. A Smith
Emg: 55. T Matthews 58. E Hunt 52. J Quint 54. J Currie
In: 37. B Starcevich 48. T Wischnat 53. T Jeffrey
Out: 36. R Mathieson (suspended) 8. E Smith (injured) 20. C Cox (family commitment)
New: 48. T Wischnat 53. T Jeffrey

Is that Tom Wischnat lions academy player in 48 ??

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Is that Tom Wischnat lions academy player in 48 ??
Yeah, Wischnat and Tom Jeffrey didn’t make the Allies extended squad playing in Melbourne this weekend, so guess they’re the two main Academy kids who will get a run over the next two months.

Great experience for them.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney Uni Flames
Nick Robertson the travelling emergency. 18 listed players. Looking forward to this one. Giants in good form and will hopefully be our first decent contest for the season.