Review ******* festival of shite v crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of this effort from Motlop involving Rory/Riley...

Wasn't the only time in the game either that he "attempted" a bump as opposed to putting his body on the line to win the footy. Embarrassing really.

The main question I have is - where was Rockliff’s back up coming out of defence, so that if something bad happens he’s got a safe bail out option with a backwards handball? If it’s meant to be Motlop, why the * is he getting forward of Rockliff’s position before Rocky has control of the ball? Why did Sam Gray peel off for to be the next chain in possession instead of running hard to support Rocky in case he ****ed up? Why didn’t Lycett drop to centre half back to cover in defence?

that just looks like a clip of the worst AFL team in 20 years playing without a coach or instructions. who can even blame a player given the circumstances? they're utterly clueless

12:38 - Not sure why it's okay for Adelaide players to tackle our players when they are about to take possession, but when we do it it's holding the man. And Lynch DID take possession of the ball. Who was it again? Leigh 'I'm a rancid aborted fetus' Fisher. Ends up in a goal that shouldn't have been. At best it's a holding the ball, at worst you call it play on, you cheating ******* campaigner.
The bullshit holding the man free and subsequent 50 to Lynch was Andrew Stephens (12) not Leigh "I'm still sore about Shaun Burgoyne's smother in 2004" Fisher.

The ******** holding the man free and subsequent 50 to Lynch was Andrew Stephens (12) not Leigh "I'm still sore about Shaun Burgoyne's smother in 2004" Fisher.

Oh lol, then we’ve got two cheating campaigners.

Oh that’s right - we were down a player the entire match (well, 90% of it anyway). A player that would have been playing off of Betts (who did nothing) and giving us the run we needed..

If you mean 21 v 22, no we weren't as Matt Crouch went off part way during the 2nd quarter and never came back on. His game time was 37% and Burton's was 7%. So the second half was 21 v 21.

The most important stat - that isn't recorded - is ball use efficiency in the first 3 quarters, at critical times in play. They scored from it, goals more than points, and we didn't.

Taylor Walker might be a flog in many of the eyes of people on this board, he might be well past his peak, post ACL, but he is a 400 goal kicker flog - or close enough - and he took 2 marks and kicked 2 goals and never looked like missing either kick on goal. We don't have blokes who seem to be able to kick straight forward shots on goal week in week out, even if they are playing an average game.

Last edited:
If you mean 21 v 22, no we weren't as Matt Crouch went off part way during the 2nd quarter and never came back on. His game time was 37% and Burton's was 7%. So the second half was 21 v 21.

The most important stat - that isn't recorded - is ball use efficiency in the first 3 quarters, at critical times in play. They scored from it, goals more than points, and we didn't.

Taylor Walker might be a flog in many of your eyes, he might be well past his peak post ACL, but he is a 400 goal kicker flog - or close enough - and he took 2 marks and kicked 2 goals and never looked like missing either kick on goal. We don't have blokes who seem to be able to kick straight forward shots on goal week in week out, even if they are playing an average game.

Losing Burton had more of an effect on our method of moving the ball than losing Crouch did for Adelaide. One is the drive from half back, the other is just another body in the rolling scrum that was the Adelaide midfield.

56% to 57% kick efficiency in the first half. That tells you all you need to know about what sort of game it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Burton had more of an effect on our method of moving the ball than losing Crouch did for Adelaide. One is the drive from half back, the other is just another body in the rolling scrum that was the Adelaide midfield.

56% to 57% kick efficiency in the first half. That tells you all you need to know about what sort of game it was.

I'm not sure Burton's 15 kicks with 3 or 4 of them going inside 50, as he averaged this year, would have made that much of a difference. We weren't taking that many marks inside 50 in those first 3 quarters and we weren't kicking straight. Sure if he hit Rozee 3 times with a pass in a reasonable spot he probably would have converted, but I doubt many of the other players would have.

Our expected score was 90 and actual 68. The crows was 93 and actual was 88. says a fair bit right there.

That's because we trained in record heat wave and beautiful conditions Daniel.

We aren't much good when its wet and slippery and try and use a greasy ball. Not physically tough enough in the wet and not skilled enough.

That effort by Motlop should basically be an automatic exclusion from the next game and questioning of where your career is at. Happened right in front of us.

He looked confused to be honest. A peak midfielder eg Voss and Co would have seen ball, thought I'll be there first and charge at it.

He saw ball, questioned whether he would get it without being tackled. maybe worried holding the ball so he thought he'd block. s**t will I hit high? Better not hit too hard, okay not hit at all lol

Disappointed but expected...

I only got to see bits and pieces from a Crow supporters phone at my 50th....

It all goes down better with 1 bottle of CC... and can I recommend Woodroofe Reserve whiskey... half of that... good drop that.

Reminds me of this effort from Motlop involving Rory/Riley...

This nicely sums up our night. The ball was a piece of soap for a big chunk of the evening, so errors by hands in catching the ball were going to happen, even what looked like simple marks. So no surprise by Rockliff.

[Its why Thursday night I thought OK we dont have Frampton but if Hoff plays forward, not on the wing, along with Ryder and Marshall we can kill the contest because big dry weather type marks wont be easy to take by their defenders.]

Rockliff then tries a dopey dry weather expansive over the head handball rather than taking a hit or trying to keep it in front of him or even push it back towards the kicker. Motlop doesn't put his head over the ball to at least lock the ball in. Sloane goes direct at the ball and taps it to Lynch. If we got that tap to one of our players the kick would have been smothered. We seem to be so easy to read in those pack type situations. so many times our handballs and kicks were smothered or stolen.

Then when the ball is wet and slippery, and a piece of soap and kicking efficiency is down for both teams does Clurey sit so far off Tex. What was he protecting? The balance of probabilities was that a hack kick was going to drop short not sail 50m - there wasn't any gale blowing.

Lots of errors were made by both sides, but we made many more of the dumb ones.

That's because we trained in record heat wave and beautiful conditions Daniel.

We aren't much good when its wet and slippery and try and use a greasy ball. Not physically tough enough in the wet and not skilled enough.

We had more forward half intercepts than Adelaide.

We scored 3 points from ours. They scored 51 from theirs.

The problem was that Adelaide was keeping defenders back until they were absolutely sure they were in an attacking position. They actively wanted to make it a scrap. That’s why I said it was like the Carlton game, just with better players.

This is why I didn’t understand why we were taking so long to move the ball out of defence. We needed to get the ball moving quickly to beat them back inside 50, but instead we had players second guessing themselves because of the increased pressure.

Look what happened when we finally decided to play on from half back and not slow down the play - a one on one with Howard on Kelly and a goal.

That’s what it should have been all night. * the defensive midfield and just kick it long to our small forwards. Long balls like Collingwood did to us. That’s what I expected, but what we got was players screaming for cheap short possessions to boost their stat line which meant the ball never got forward quickly enough.

Players who play for stats have no place at Port.

Your observations really ram home how much of a problem coaching is.

References to players that should have been playing, players not sheparding or taking the game on all points to poor coaching.

They don't Shephard or take the game on because they don't feel like they have to.

Frampton wasn't playing because our coach is too dumb and timid himself to try and exploit an opposition instead of worrying about them.

We have serious issues and they start with a K.

Poor selection policy is what it points to. It says that players believe they are picked based on stats rather than their ability to do things for their teammates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back