• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balta full time ruck next week

In rioli vlaustin
Out Ross nank
you know maybe we should rest Vlas, and Rioli.
Leave Broad up forward and back up ruck. and leave Garth down back. We need to keep pumping games into Garth. But it’s also a chance for Soldo. This is why he’s on the list

Just noticed on richmonds propaganda they posted Coleman-Jones taking a big mark.
Guaranteed he will get a game next weekend!! (-: (-:

What made is so great was it was a big pack mark, not some piddly one on one - there was a crowd and he rose above it beautifully, clamped the ball like a vice. I see what the regular watchers are seeing now.

Just quietly how good was Lynch?
Day off today and watching the replay.

Agree Tugga, and Dimma mentioned it at the presser. Hasn't gone unnoticed the enormous amount of work he does. Was one of our best on the day yet most probably thought he was fair to middling. ENORMOUS!

Leave Broad up forward and back up ruck. and leave Garth down back. We need to keep pumping games into Garth. But it’s also a chance for Soldo. This is why he’s on the list

Agree, and McEvoy is a good match up I think as long as Soldo can keep up (should be able to). Soldo has to play. Bigboy gets forward a lot these days (already has as many goals this season as all of last season), so make Soldo play Centre and back. Garth was our only player to play the full game and he was so good too. Be a good match up on the Hawk kid Mitchell Taylor. Can afford to give Rioli another recovery week, bring Vlossy back and shift Broad forward and back as required. He is a hard match up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best win since the flag IMO.

Soldo has to come in against BigBoy. Dropping Garthwaite is laughable. Wont happen. Mitch Lewis and one of the resting McEvoy or Ceglar are nice match-ups for Astbury and Garth. Give Rioli another week to freshen up for Dreamtime game.

In: Vlastuin, Soldo
Out: Ross, Nank

I'd love to see Naish come in but don't know who for?

Naish in for Broad

Can’t be playing Broad in the ruck. Had no influence. Bad turnover in defence. He has to make way if we want to bring in 3 players this week

How about Callum Coleman-Jones? He's 200cm and really mobile, if we play him and Balta rotational in the ruck we will lose the hitouts but be better served around the ball and our forward structure won't suffer with he and Balta playing the second banana. Balta was good in the ruck I thought against Freo.

Tell me I'm crazy

OK. You're crazy. The kid hasn't been dominating around the ground at VFL level any more than Soldo. Soldo has the mature body. He plays imo.

I hope so. Losing clearances badly and hoping for a turnover is our game plan. But when teams control the pill we need another source of possession. Compounding our hidings the last few years is that when we do have it we attack at all costs meaning we never have the bloody thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be interesting to see what difference playing the superior tap ruck in Soldo this week makes to the clearances, if any.

Naish in for Broad
What's wrong with him?

9 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Bachar Houli (RICH)
4 Brandon Ellis (RICH)
3 Tom Lynch (RICH)
2 Kamdyn McIntosh (RICH)
1 Dylan Grimes (RICH)

fyfe was not BOG lol Dimma didnt give him the 5 obviously

So first 22 we had out:
Cotchin
Rance
Riewoldt
Short
Vlastuin
Rioli
Grigg

Players that went down during the game:
Nankervis
Ross

Players that came in or either stood up (let this sink in for a sec):
Balta
Menadue
Stack
Garthwaite
Ross (inured but young)
Bolton

Be interesting to see what difference playing the superior tap ruck in Soldo this week makes to the clearances, if any.

What's wrong with him?

Dunno what’s wrong with him. 6 touches and a turnover in defence. Struggling lately. We really don’t need 4 tall defenders either. He’s not a ruck that’s for sure

our 3 losses this year were with teams that did the chip around the boundary. they all had higher stats than us especially in uncontested marks. denied us the ability to play our havoc forward surge. when teams let us play as we like, we overcome them with our speed and pressure. its the next step we need to take, is to have a plan b to stop this tactic.
I'm sure it's been noted straight after the PF.

Dunno what’s wrong with him. 6 touches and a turnover in defence. Struggling lately. We really don’t need 4 tall defenders either. He’s not a ruck that’s for sure

You have seen how fast Broad is? Which means he can play medium and smalls. The defence has had multiple personnel changes over the last month. No way Broad gets dropped imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back