Review Review: R8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It hasn't been raised here and maybe what I thought I saw wasnt the actual case.

I think it was the second qtr, with the ball bobbling around at the feet of 4 or 5 players. Eddie bends down, head over the ball, Byrne-Jones ploughs through the pack at full speed and appears to hip-and-shoulder (more hip, than shoulder) Eddie in the head. Eddie goes down, play goes on.

No free kick
Not a word from the commentators

Did I imagine it? Does a different angle show nothing like what I thought I saw?

Anyone else notice this?
No you didn’t imagine it. Only finished the replay moments ago. It was a free kick all day every day, and went off at the TV again, just like our entire room full of watchers went off when it happened on the night. It was one of many blatant frees missed for the crows, and there were frees missed for Port make no mistake, but it is rubbish anyone even entertaining the thought that Port were hard done by. ****ers.

It hasn't been raised here and maybe what I thought I saw wasnt the actual case.

I think it was the second qtr, with the ball bobbling around at the feet of 4 or 5 players. Eddie bends down, head over the ball, Byrne-Jones ploughs through the pack at full speed and appears to hip-and-shoulder (more hip, than shoulder) Eddie in the head. Eddie goes down, play goes on.

No free kick
Not a word from the commentators

Did I imagine it? Does a different angle show nothing like what I thought I saw?

Anyone else notice this?
q2 12m59s remaining

bump-on-betts-gif.673096

And what's the count in days and hours people on here have been waiting for Dmac to get dropped? Atkins with his lefty off a wing is a point of difference.
They'll both let you down when the real heat is on. You know it to be true.

Not sure if serious but both players were probably in our best 10 this week. There are several other players that are contributing less to the team at the moment.
You also need to consider the positions that Milera and Seedsman play.

For example, it would be ridiculous to bring in Milera for Galluci on a HFF just so Dmac can retain a position that Milera is better in.

Alexander Keath (ADEL)
Tom Lynch (ADEL)
Rory Sloane (ADEL)
Rory Laird (ADEL)
Dan Houston (PORT)
Daniel Talia (ADEL)

AFLCA votes.

Interesting to see how the coaches saw the game. Reinforces the view that Rockliff is just an accumulator.

Geez, someone must have helped Kenny with the votes.

Top 4 same as Pyke, I'm shocked Ken had such a good grasp on what was happening out on the field, everytime the camera panned to him he looked stunned.

That is as blatant as the Tex one, both incidents the player is not watching the ball and takes us high - they are frees every day of the week.

Plus Port got more frees than us but in Powahworld we some how got the good run with the umps.

Wife just got home. Said Port callers on radio crying about the umpiring.

FMD, imagine if Crows actually got more frees than Port.

I thought Rockliff had next to no influence on the game and I was amazed he came 2nd in the medal voting
Yes, I barely noticed his influence too & thought they had other players with more damaging disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤔
Yet widely regarded as one of the easiest draws by most.
Look at our draw. Shows what "they" know. Hate it when I listen to vicco commentators talk about us as if they know anything about us. They don't spend a second thinking about the crows. Just make sweeping generalisations. The same way they didn't rate our win against Freo because they don't recognise that's not our plan A game plan, and we toughed it out, something we have struggled with in the past, and backed it up against Port.

For example, it would be ridiculous to bring in Milera for Galluci on a HFF just so Dmac can retain a position that Milera is better in.

You make a valid point. However don't football teams strive to be flexible? I would think the selectors would shuffle some of the players around rather drop a player in career best form.;) For instance, Milera (W) -> Atkins(HF) -> Ellis-Yolmen(Int) -> Galluci(Twos). Galluci was poor and I would put my money on him being dropped ahead of a coaches favourite in good form. Atkins is nearly as safe as Dmac.

You make a valid point. However don't football teams strive to be flexible? I would think the selectors would shuffle some of the players around rather drop a player in career best form.;) For instance, Milera (W) -> Atkins(HF) -> Ellis-Yolmen(Int) -> Galluci(Twos). Galluci was poor and I would put my money on him being dropped ahead of a coaches favourite in good form. Atkins is nearly as safe as Dmac.
Atkins doesn't provide near enough pressure to play forward of the wing.

Actually think that this has been a work in progress since the 2017 gf but we have only now been able to put it together.
Are we doing our own version of Bulldogs 2016, Tigers 2017?
Frenetic pressure with our own spin on it, due to the players we have.
I think the intangible ingredient is desire to give “110%”. The guys have been out on their feet the last 2 weeks in the final quarters. Which is encouraging.
It will be interesting to see if we can maintain the efforts because consistency has been an issue for years.
If we can see the end of those games where we don’t turn up, I might start believing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back