Preview North v Swines in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

The good news is that the club has finally hit its straps and we have plenty of guys vying for spots. Thompson and Marley come straight in. Durdin and Taylor to make way. If we can fit Hall in and he fires, we’ll be hard to beat. The team is playing well now. Our game-style is looking far more exciting, despite the fact that our decision making can let us down at crucial times - see Goldy. Most likely importantly, we need to nail our early opportunities. It cost us the game today, arguably.
Your posts are just being let down by your avatar.

Couple of thoughts from a local. If its not A: raining B: windy C: below 5 degrees it will be a bonus. If your staying in the city, expect a 30 odd minute trip to the ground, unless you plan on taking the public transport, i dont myself but have heard it can be a nightmare. We dont have a train system like Melbourne, the ground is smack in the middle of a residential suburb so the only way in or out is bus or car or leg it.

Taxi ?

Are you a Brad Scott mouth piece? We are clearly not contending for finals and you want us to neglect game time development for trusty old senior players that won't be on the list for when we contend again? What would playing Hall achieve? What does playing Wright and JMac do? Why drop Taylor after his first taste at senior level? I love Scotty T but he is closer to the end than he is to the beginning and we need to plan for life after him anyway.

Clarkson is already making some ruthless statements with Hawthorn because he doesn't want to be a mid table, mediocre side, that means making some tough decisions on some older, experienced players which is exactly what we should be doing.

Jesus Christ, have we not already proven we can be ruthless with older players?? Do you not remember the Harvey/Dal Santo/Petrie/Firrito saga? 3/4 of those players wanted to keep playing, and definitely could have. Same with Jarrad Waite last year, now Larkey is playing which is a positive. Scott Thompson comes in because Durdin was always going to be suspended and Mckay (whom everyone said needed to go back to the VFL) has Pneumonia. Don't forget that Majak would be a walk up start in this team but is unfortunately unavailable, so we aren't exactly blessed with options.

We also aren't persisting with Wright, he was in the two's when we had our best team available. McDonald (24) is injured, and was playing a fantastic game against Port Adelaide before he went down.

I liked what Curtis Taylor brought to the table in the first half, but our forward line at the moment consists of Larkey (20), Zurhaar (20), Thomas (19), Simpkin (21) and Garner (25 but injured for so long). Thats a pretty young forward group. If Larkey isn't proof that developing in the VFL is beneficial then I don't know what is. He has come in this year, ready made, because he earned it in the 2's.

But nah, you're right, we should just play all the kids like Carlton so we can end up last, a good 6 years into the rebuild.

Two year contract extension on the table for the player who irons out Judas Jr.
MRO says go ahead. A well aimed elbow to the neck of an unsuspecting opponent who's playing or has just passed the ball is completely legal. Proven by the tribunal backing this stance.

Now that's clear, I expect bloody mayhem every week now without exception.

Just need players to be *en careful in case they accidentally bump noggins while attempting to shepherd. Coz that'll get ya weeks.

Out: Wright, Turner, JMac, Durdin (susp)

In: LMac, Watson, Hayden, Ahern

LMac replaces Wright at BP.
Ahern replaces JMac, sweeping across half back.
Watson direct swap for Durdin.
Hayden tags.

Thompson, Wright, JMac and Turner can help the VFL side.
Keep up their winning streak.....of one.

Out: Durdin (susp.), Taylor, Turner, Wright
In: Thompson, Williams, Hall, LDU

Williams - Tarrant - Pittard
Atley - Thompson - MacMillan
Dumont - Cunnington - Polec
Higgins - Larkey - Wood
Thomas - Brown - Garner

Goldstein - Anderson - Ziebell

Int: Hall, Davies-Uniacke, Simpkin, Zurhaar

...if LMac is fit he probably comes in ahead of LDU

P
Couple of thoughts from a local. If its not A: raining B: windy C: below 5 degrees it will be a bonus. If your staying in the city, expect a 30 odd minute trip to the ground, unless you plan on taking the public transport, i dont myself but have heard it can be a nightmare. We dont have a train system like Melbourne, the ground is smack in the middle of a residential suburb so the only way in or out is bus or car or leg it.
Parking at the ground?

All this talk about Ins and outs... I just want to know who is going to split Blakey in half. Will it be Jed with a Stone Cold like spear? Thommo with a “late” spoil? Or is TT going to remind him about what being a Shinboner truly means? I cannot wait

You mean Stone Cold Stunner!!!

2C51317A-26F7-4A37-A14B-D893403BB03A.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But nah, you're right, we should just play all the kids like Carlton so we can end up last, a good 6 years into the rebuild.

.........and completely destroy their development.

Out: Durdin, Taylor, Wright
In: Thompson, Williams, McDonald

B: Williams, Tarrant, MacMillan
HB: McDonald, Thompson, Pittard
C: Polec, Ziebell, Atley
HF: Zurhaar, Larkey, Wood
F: Turner, Brown, Thomas

R: Goldstein, Cunnington, Higgins

Int: Dumont, Anderson, Garner, Simpkin

Rick18's new post goes through the Ablett goals and Turner didn't have four kicked on him. From what I saw from the boundary Turner did very little wrong. Let him feast on Kieran Jack next week.
Good will read. From what I saw it was one of those games that looked bad outcome wise but really wasn't that bad. Similar to Nielsen's game on Gray 2 seasons ago (gray kicked 3 but port feasted and he got some joe the gooses).

Even the spoiling attempt was done well. Turner went the body but Ablett is too strong in the core and Turner was unable to move him. Turner will be an excellent defender...I'm almost certain of it!

You forgot boat, paddle board, wind surfer, jet ski, scuba or submarine, from Hobart town to the beach at Bellerive :)

I thought Blundstone had moved to South America?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back