Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz and Fyfe both cleared. Durdin from North gets suspended for a head clash. Farcical.

Go down swinging boys, take your chance that the bloke won’t get hurt, that’s literally the only deciding factor. Jump. Raise elbows. Do whatever you feel, as long as you pick a target without a glass jaw.

Which of these is an illegal move that needs to be stamped out?

Gaz and Fyfe both cleared. Durdin from North gets suspended for a head clash. Farcical.

Go down swinging boys, take your chance that the bloke won’t get hurt, that’s literally the only deciding factor. Jump. Raise elbows. Do whatever you feel, as long as you pick a target without a glass jaw.

Which of these is an illegal move that needs to be stamped out?

Live view at the MRP
giphy.gif

I was leaning towards Fyfe getting off. Parallels IMO to Ablett's one last week in that it superficially looked bad but was actually pretty low impact and was a self-preservation action rather than an attacking action, and no harm was done.
Ablett's one this week though … that surprises me due to how late and completely avoidable it was.

What’s a joke. Surely the action / intent has to come into it? Outcomes based suspensions are stupid cause it’s luck a lot of the times as to how hurt someone gets from those sorts of cheap shots. Fyfes got way too much form for those things to be accidents. But Lynch isn’t a poor defenceless teenager, so play on, all good

Confusing , Fyfe is playing well but Fremantle still don't win ….better he plays maybe but this is confusing with the MRP .
Ablett is an absolute champion but he will get booed even more now that's confusing too .

This is pretty embarrassing. It's becoming very difficult to support this football league.

How many times can the shark be jumped?

The biggest problem is that they have no one to answer to. Just do what they like whenever they like to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt realise you could get suspended from an accidental head clash from a bump. Does that mean that if you tackel and clash heads there could be a suspension too?
This Christian bloke needs to take his hand of his old fella and do his job properly.
Fyfe and Ablett getting of is outrageous t0o. Gone are the days that if you raise and elbow andvhit someone, it doesn't matter how hurt the player is, its a short holiday time.

I didnt realise you could get suspended from an accidental head clash from a bump.
Really? Because a lot of effort was made at the time to explain to everyone that if you opt to bump a player then the onus is on you to avoid any head contact.

I know people love a sook, but that one has always been pretty clear. Accidental head clashes will happen, but when the contact is intentional and heads clash then that's an easy call IMO.

Head clash - week.

Off the ball bump to the body - $2000.

Off the ball jumping elbow to the head - cleared.

Electing to bump with elbow out and hitting the head - cleared.

Pushing an opponent into the boundary fence at pace - $1000 fine

The system is broken

Really? Because a lot of effort was made at the time to explain to everyone that if you opt to bump a player then the onus is on you to avoid any head contact.

I know people love a sook, but that one has always been pretty clear. Accidental head clashes will happen, but when the contact is intentional and heads clash then that's an easy call IMO.

"Contact was made from Burton's shoulder to the chest of Higgins," Christian said.

"I think it's really important to understand that he took reasonable care to execute the bump fairly.

"He couldn't reasonably foresee that there was going to be an accidental clash of heads.”

It’s a lotto.

"Contact was made from Burton's shoulder to the chest of Higgins," Christian said.

"I think it's really important to understand that he took reasonable care to execute the bump fairly.

"He couldn't reasonably foresee that there was going to be an accidental clash of heads.”

It’s a lotto.

IMO they got that one wrong. If you bump from the direction that a player is moving then their body is going to stop and their head is going to keep going. That's basic physics. Clash of heads in that situation is completely foreseeable.
That doesn't make today's one wrong though. Maybe today's correct decision is partly a result of realising that they f***ed up that earlier one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back