Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be in, but it seems like he's just depth. If we were assured he'd get a run then I'd pick him then dump on his bye, but not sure it's worth it, plus Lids is close to returning too along with Whitfield.

He really should've played and Cogs rest up for a week or two since Cogs hurt himself, Cogs just doesn't mark as much and he doesn't tackle now. His stat lines are basically Dustin Martin esque.

Hately comes in and gets 20 touches at least a game and they keep playing spuds like Taylor, Daniels, Lloyd etc.

I just feel like it's a matter of time before he gets an extended run. And that time is now

Hately comes in and gets 20 touches at least a game and they keep playing spuds like Taylor, Daniels, Lloyd etc.

I just feel like it's a matter of time before he gets an extended run. And that time is now
I think they purely only see him as an inside mid, basically same problem Constable has, but Geelong are a bit more flexible than GWS

Those guys you listed are all flanker types, I don't think they're his competition, De Boer, Cogs, Taranto, Kelly, Hopper etc are his competition imo

I think they purely only see him as an inside mid, basically same problem Constable has, but Geelong are a bit more flexible than GWS

Those guys you listed are all flanker types, I don't think they're his competition, De Boer, Cogs, Taranto, Kelly, Hopper etc are his competition imo
Taylor is a key defender/third tall.

Third tall is almost a flanker ;)

Point being, they aren't his competition for a spot in the side

My point is, if you're continually spudding at your role - do you deserve to keep it?

Plus Lloyd is a little itty bitty small fwd type who's never been any good at his role at all. Hately would run rings around him.

My point is, if you're continually spudding at your role - do you deserve to keep it?

Plus Lloyd is a little itty bitty small fwd type who's never been any good at his role at all. Hately would run rings around him.
It's like Newman/Horse 2017 and Constable with him imo but worse though

The coach just won't pick him, even though he's done more than enough to be selected

I dunno, wait and see if he's named this week I guess, just don't have high hopes for him during the byes, already being a Burgess and Scott owner, whereas I feel Corbett has the best JS out of available rookies at the moment

It's like Newman/Horse 2017 and Constable with him imo but worse though

The coach just won't pick him, even though he's done more than enough to be selected

I dunno, wait and see if he's named this week I guess, just don't have high hopes for him during the byes, already being a Burgess and Scott owner, whereas I feel Corbett has the best JS out of available rookies at the moment
I think Tom Michell is a more apt comparison.

I think Tom Michell is a more apt comparison.
In regards to the coach not picking him as he didn't want to play him in his best position, sure

But Titchell was premium priced then based off his first year which he was a standout rookie. I think that was 2014, his second season

If scrimshaw doesn’t get up I’m cooked. Answerth good chance to be dropped so will have to trade scrimshaw...would need to trade drew but there are actually 0 rookies in the mids or forwards worth bringing in.
Really want dunkley..only chance is if scrimshaw plays.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Doubt it. Brisbane already have Bailey going out injured and the Lions generally keep young guys they rate in the side over depth players like Christensen, Robertson, Taylor, Lester etc. But yeah it is possible.
If you could pick one of Gaff and Merrett, which would you take? Gaff a bit more reliable, perhaps, and both are good captaincy options.

Think I might go Gaff. Can VC him against Melbourne this week, and he's more of a POD.
They're probably the two best mids I don't have, so I've considered both. Gaff has awesome scoring potential but Merrett has scored three 120+ scores in the past five weeks and the other two were over hundred against the two hardest teams to score against (Pies and Cats). He's a jet, consistent, done it for 3+ seasons as a legit premium. Also a big thing for me is Gaff's bye, as I'm heavy on round 13 guys as most people are.

For me, I'd go Merrett.

My trades this week are straightforward; Dunk and Corbett in, Walsh and Parker out. And next week's trades will be Drew and ROB to Bines and Merrett. Content that I can chill out and not stress about trades for 2-3 weeks, as long as these work out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasnt gonne trade Walsh yet but
Walsh > Dunkley looks pretty good and will give me a completed Fwd line or Walsh > Sloane hmmm

There won't be any rookies next week unless it's a Hately or Rotham type, so ROB to Bines/other RF option then upgrade elsewhere is pretty sound and something I'm considering unless he tons up again this week
I already have bines which leaves me in a bit of a pickle. Id like grundy laird cripps and another defender to be my next 4 upgrades. Unsure how much cash ill have for the other two.

Keep him as a slow burner.
If it looks likely he plays through the byes after only missing a week or two then yep, I still have Scott, so if a 130-149k rookie pops up before the byes and Scott hasn't reemerged then Ross is a definite hold for me. If Ross is out in the medium term then he goes

Scrimshaw and Drew for example have made enough cash and are higher priority upgrades than Ross as they have early bye rounds too and will probably peak in the next week or two, Parker will fluctuate still imo, could go either way there

Atkins > Hately
Newman > Merrett

Bringing in a likely Hately doughnut because I don't like any of the other rookies. Will loop Drew/Stack for M8 this week. Hopefully Hately gets another run soon. Was planning on keeping Newman, but I feel I need more midfield firepower. Have not enjoyed having Merrett as a POD against me lately.

dt.JPG

I already have bines which leaves me in a bit of a pickle. Id like grundy laird cripps and another defender to be my next 4 upgrades. Unsure how much cash ill have for the other two.
Post your side and I'll look at it later tonight

Post your side and I'll look at it later tonight
1557732101595.png
If i was to trade in Stocker & Grundy this week. Would have 77k in the bank.
Round 10 ROB & Duurs > Laird + Cow
Round 11 Constable & Drews > Cripps + Cow
R12 don't trade
Roun 12 Hore & Clark > Sicily? + Cow
Currently have 20 trades before this weeks are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back