List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
REPORTS: Giants midfielder on radar of Victorian clubs
Could Aiden Bonar be heading home at season’s end?

Stephen Marson

EDITOR
May 11, 2019 - 11:47 am

Young GWS midfielder Aiden Bonar is on the watch list of a number of Victorian clubs, with the former first round draft pick struggling to break into the Giants’ side.

Bonar was selected with pick 11 in 2017, but played just four games in his debut year in 2018, and none so far this season.

According to AFL.com.au, rival clubs are keeping tabs on Bonar, as they believe he come become the most gettable Giant during the trade period.

Bonar is currently contracted until the end of the 2021 season, although it is believed those additional years are worth between $300-400k to the 20-year-old.

The midfielder has the ability to go forward in a role similar to Richmond’s Josh Caddy, but does play the majority of his time in the midfield

Teams looking for top-end talent in the midfield could go after Bonar, with clubs like Essendon, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Carlton all recently looking at players with similar attributes.

https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...Giants midfielder on radar of Victorian clubs
https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-giants-midfielder-on-radar-of-victorian-clubs-29475/#

GettyImages-1028292412-696x464.jpg

You wonder what the catch is if he's gettable. They aren't going to have him on big money or anything. I wonder if he's a bit of a Jono O'Rourke or Jarrod Pickett?

You wonder what the catch is if he's gettable. They aren't going to have him on big money or anything. I wonder if he's a bit of a Jono O'Rourke or Jarrod Pickett?
It's just the usual speculation on GWS kids. Apparently they all want to come home and are all gettable until they re-sign and say everything's great. Seems to be almost a standard template for GWS stories.

Don't know much about him except he did his ACL x 2 - but I remember a few of us on here were wanting to take him in his draft year - I agree with what you say about Jones , but Langdon to me is one I think would fit in but still is not the beast we need.
Coniglio is the one available but feel if he goes it will be back west , however with Tim Kelly and Coniglio both on the market surely Fremantle doesn't have the cash for both - Gaff and McGovern would of stretched there cap.
However it could free up some players who want to head back East like Langdon and Cerra.
One thing I don't want is a aging star.

If we aquired Coniglio and Tomlinson as FA's and pick up a Langdon or a Cerra we will be a top 4 side.

Don't know much about him except he did his ACL x 2 - but I remember a few of us on here were wanting to take him in his draft year - I agree with what you say about Jones , but Langdon to me is one I think would fit in but still is not the beast we need.
Coniglio is the one available but feel if he goes it will be back west , however with Tim Kelly and Coniglio both on the market surely Fremantle doesn't have the cash for both - Gaff and McGovern would of stretched there cap.
However it could free up some players who want to head back East like Langdon and Cerra.

If we aquired Coniglio and Tomlinson as FA's and pick up a Langdon or a Cerra we will be a top 4 side.

Getting one will be hard enough, we ain’t getting 3 or 4

I didn't see the whole game, was he that bad? His pace is appealing if Stuv goes but that sounds damning. I remember the SEN guy from Sydney, I think he's Russel Barwick, was saying how **** he was and their decline is because of players like him playing instead of their old guard stars. Pretty much straight out bagged him.

The last thing we need is another ball butcher. Was tempted to eye dropper Drain-O watching Seb’s delivery this weekend

The last thing we need is another ball butcher. Was tempted to eye dropper Drain-O watching Seb’s delivery this weekend

Yeah, I reckon Seb gets a bad wrap sometimes, but he was a liability in that game. He looked like he was hitting WC players on the tit on purpose.

for the mid season draft.

23 years of age. 180cm inside mid, can play forward. has 4 WAFL flags under his belt. been in the very professional and successful environment at subiaco. last game 32 disposals, 6 tackles and a goal. grand final 29 disposals and 8 tackles. semi 27 disposals and 13 tackles 1 goal.

we are light on when it comes to inside mids. he will come in and help immediately.

I'd be more inclined to be looking for a quality outside midfielder with pace and skill!
That's the one area we have none of! And in my view it's currently stopping us from being a good side!

He looked good back end of last year.. the games he played in, looked like he was working his way into good senior footy. Real Bont or Cripps type feel about him. The games against Carlton and then Adelaide he really stepped up. Showed good goal sense, but ability in the middle. Difference with the other two, we’ve seen enough to know he has the ability.

I'd be more inclined to be looking for a quality outside midfielder with pace and skill!
That's the one area we have none of! And in my view it's currently stopping us from being a good side!

I reckon Bonar is the ultimate prototype we should be looking for. I think medium-longterm he can become a similar type to De Goey. Can play inside or outside with his explosive pace & spend plenty of time forward as a mobile bull forward.

If he’s at GWS next year he’ll start getting consistent games. Been injured a lot since 16 so he’ll take a few extra years to build a fitness base.

Very very overrated Tomlinson for me , rather secure Marsh long term and draft Biggie

Stkilda need mids ..thru the draft .

Giants was very well set up every time they lose one player they get 2 back .

B King is the only additional tall we hopefully get back in time no rush .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joyce 194cm, Battle 193cm, Carlisle 200cm , Marsh 193cm , Wilkie 191cm

Coffield 191cm. Austin 196cm, Clavarino 197cm

Coffield training as a lock down defender?

If Coffield and Clavarino show enough by the end of year, that we can back them into the future, we could have some trade bait in this group.

Currently my first choice back line, without considering Brown.

Webster, Carlisle , Geary
Savage , Battle , Wilkie.
---------------------------

My thoughts are that we should look at trading Carlisle if ( and only if ) he's part of a deal for a gun player that we need.
Carlisle has the profile, and is still young enough to be valued by the team trading with us. Meaning we don't squander our draft picks to land someone. Its easier to trade if the team you're trading with actually WANT'S to trade.

Battle : Far too valuable to us going into the future.
Marsh : Its possible, but unless he gets some good games on the table before end of year, he won't have the profile.
Wilkie : I think our team would be weakened significantly without him, unless White or Coffield really ramp it up.
Joyce : At least competent in full back , and should still improve. But no profile/value in trade. Would replace Carlisle in the 22.
Austin : Not great man on man, no value in trade, but good enough for depth.
Coffield : An under performing high draft pick, we'd be cutting our losses, not gaining an advantage.
Clavarino : Highly rated draft pick , but so far not getting a good crack at it. Needs more time to develop, we don't want to cut our losses with him at this point.

LOL your post wasn't there when i started this one Triggering. :D

I wonder if Carlisle will re-sign or look for other opportunities? I’m not too sure about his commitment to the club, seems to just do his own thing.

Yeah, he's hard to read. He was looking bored and frustrated last year at times. I reckon if he had the right offer he'd be out faster than you could blink but that might be the impression of any player that moves.

Yeah, he's hard to read. He was looking bored and frustrated last year at times. I reckon if he had the right offer he'd be out faster than you could blink but that might be the impression of any player that moves.

Which team/s would have the most need for a player like Carlisle?

Hmmmm Maybe Carlisle and our 2020 second for Ben.

Hahaha lmfao. Hes getting very hard to watch. Trade stuv and ross and start rebuilding this midfield. Seems to be the growing noise among my stkilda buddies.

Personally im at the stage where i dont really care anymore. Same old s**t ftom the same players.

Webster
Dmac
Membrey
Ross
Newnes
Sinclair

All tasty trade bait.

Which team/s would have the most need for a player like Carlisle?

Hmmmm Maybe Carlisle and our 2020 second for Ben.

Yuck, I'd rather their second and Ben for Carlisle. Ben is a pick around 12 wasn't he and has not played yet. Carlisle is an AA quality tall defender. Would rather not lose him and if he goes I think it will be because a good club like Geelong or Hawthorn dangle success in front of him.

Would rather just keep Carlisle we don’t have many good players let’s keep the ones we have

Would rather just keep Carlisle we don’t have many good players let’s keep the ones we have

OK lets forget about trading then. No-one wants our cast-offs.
But our team is getting to the point where those who aren't getting a game may want to go elsewhere, and based on averages, Carlisle probably only has a few seasons left. 2 years younger than Brown.

OK lets forget about trading then. No-one wants our cast-offs.
But our team is getting to the point where those who aren't getting a game may want to go elsewhere, and based on averages, Carlisle probably only has a few seasons left. 2 years younger than Brown.
Carlisle will not be going anywhere , the guy knows if he moves clubs the heat would be put on him to perform.
All we need is a good midfielder who can orchestrate play to gel everything together , can Hannebery help here , well it yet to be seen if he can even get on the field and perform up to a good standard.

Do we go all out and attempt to get Coniglio - yes
If that fails do we go for one of Langdon , Jones , Martin , Cerra
Do we go after Tomlinson - yes - any upgrade to the team is worth doing especially if he is not going to cost any draft picks

Looking at last year's draft I believe the club recognises our need for a big body inside mid..there was a video of live trading when we offered a swap our 2020 1st round pick with Crows 2020 1st rounder for their 2019 1st to pick up Riley Collier Dawkins..192+cm inside mid..wouldn't be surprised if we go hard for someone like Dunkley or Bonar

Crows ended up swapping it with blues and so far it looks a great deal for them

Looking at last year's draft I believe the club recognises our need for a big body inside mid..there was a video of live trading when we offered a swap our 2020 1st round pick with Crows 2020 1st rounder for their 2019 1st to pick up Riley Collier Dawkins..192+cm inside mid..wouldn't be surprised if we go hard for someone like Dunkley or Bonar

Crows ended up swapping it with blues and so far it looks a great deal for them

Currently it’s pick 19 & 16 for pick 1. Ouch. Might cost SOS his job unless Stocker ends up a gun mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back