No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh joy they let him off. This is just corrupt.
Based on last week's outcome for an almost identical incident, there was not a chance in hell that he was copping a week for the that, although its surprising he didn't cop a fine again.

Whether the precedent set from the Sheil incident was right or wrong is another matter entirely.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh joy they let him off. This is just corrupt.
I don’t think I’ll ever get my head around the Match Review process. Ablett deliberately bumped his opponent in the neck/face and gets away with nothing. The Roo who got banned has bumped body on body and has got unlucky. Clearly the outcome was worse for Rohan but shouldn’t the intent be the major determining factor for the punishment.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
I don’t think I’ll ever get my head around the Match Review process. Ablett deliberately bumped his opponent in the neck/face and gets away with nothing. The Roo who got banned has bumped body on body and has got unlucky. Clearly the outcome was worse for Rowan but shouldn’t the intent be the major determining factor for the punishment.
The consideration given under the current MRP to "impact" is the problem. Once upon a time, it was an offence to "attempt to strike". It didn't matter if you missed - if you clearly had intentions to do so you copped some level of sanction. Now, you have to hospitalise a bloke for 6 weeks to get more than a 3 week sanction and you have to seriously rattle a bloke to get more than 1 week.

I think I'm not alone in wishing that the intent or carelessness of the action was punished for what it was and not have this focus on the medical report for the other player.

I don’t think I’ll ever get my head around the Match Review process. Ablett deliberately bumped his opponent in the neck/face and gets away with nothing. The Roo who got banned has bumped body on body and has got unlucky. Clearly the outcome was worse for Rowan but shouldn’t the intent be the major determining factor for the punishment.
It makes no sense. They kept saying in the commentary that “if you chose to bump, you will go”. Not sure what else you are meant to do when sheparding- he couldn’t really tackle

They say if you choose to bump, get the player high and there is damage you will go. A slight difference in wording.
My point was more that when sheparding, it’s always going to be bumping into people. He didn’t jump, he didn’t bump the head, and as Rohan didn’t have the ball, he couldn’t tackle. That was the original point of the “chose to bump”, rather than tackle

Like the way they are treated by umpires, the game has always been rigged in favour of having the best players out on the ground and on our TV's. If a few of their own rules need to be bent like a pretzel so be it.

cbdb31cbccfe985a81d4630937c75b20

.The same game absolutely crucifies those that are not and goes to great lengths to make examples of the plebs scratching a career out of their short time in the spotlight.

Its always been thus and it stinks worse than Surströmming.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Way worse than Ablett. Elbowed him straight in the scone. That was weeks back in my day.
To make it worse a player (Sam Durdin) provides a block for a teammate has an accidental head clash with
(Gary Rohan) and gets a week. Is that intentional "I wanted to clash heads, concussion was my mission"
yeah nah. If only Sam Durdin had a brownlow in the cupboard, but he would have to steal it or buy one
at an auction.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Plastics President sooking about unfairness is beyond a joke.

They got 2938484848 concessions to turn that sh!t box thing into a success and now they cry foul.

F$vk right off and close the joint no one cares

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mindless Factoid:

Collingwood, Carlton and Fremantle while vanquishing the Bulldogs this year combined for
396 Disposals exactly, different Kicks and Handballs, but exactly 396 Disposals. Spooky !

Fascinating. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back