• Poll closed .

BJuddy

All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
McKay - He's just not positioning well for my liking, he's positioning too close and not allowing himself to lead up hard and have a jump at it and he's getting wrestled out of it too much. I want to see him positioning closer to goal at all times so he can really get a good lead in but in saying that, 2 goals is ok.
Bit rough on a guy who is top 10 for Marks inside 50 and number 1 for Contested marks AFL wide.

Space Cadet

All Australian
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Interestingly, even with our 7 losses, our percentage is better than the 4 teams immediately above us.
Another positive, it felt like we had a full team effort for the first time in a while. Helps having the likes of Murphy and Plowman playing to their actual standards, and dropping some underdeveloped kids and under performing rucks. Our only single digit possession count was our big KPF who still kicked a couple goals.
I think we'll see a lot more improvement throughout this season.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
anyone who hasn't watched bolts' presser post-game needs to do so - you want progress - that's progress - the best he has delivered - watch it, all of you...

Yeah I thought it was his best presser . Held back .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
don't tell me huddo's call of "they're going crazy at the g" after brackets goal doesn't send chills down the spine - he's one hell of a caller.......
I liked his call when Silvagni, Cuningham and Crippa combined for that goal...“Cripps, this is a big moment, hold your breath, bluuueess!!!!!! What a goal from Patrick Cripps”

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
After watching the game again I can't disagree with Dow in the VFL enough, the number of times he was directly involved in a score for us our burst from a contest to clear our defensive 50 was amazing. Yes he can tidy up his disposal but he is doing so much right and you can't get used to performing your skill under AFL pressure in the VFL
Funny what we see when we look for it. I’ve only watched the first half again and there was a few time Dow gives when he shouldn’t or doesn’t give when he should.

Still think there’s an argument for ressies conditioning with some players and Dow seems a reasonable candidate.

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Up to our necks in this game. Really should've won. A great effort and the cogs are slowly starting to mesh. Go back to 5 mins to go with a lead and 8 outta ten times we win. The pies got lucky and the umps didnt help. Elim final few years back against brisbane the same. Lions went to arsey town on us and it fell apart in about 5 mins. You can be as mentally tough as you want, sometimes the pins refuse to fall your way. Happens to all sides.
Good to see the players respond and understand what type of effort is required week in week out. Clear to me the coach has them on side and it's good to see the kick up the backside they got post the roos game sunk in. Proud of the lads, just would've been nice to sink the boots into Eddie Mac after his little jab during the week.
He'll keep......

The way things stand, we are absolutely capable of stringing a few in a row. Dang it we're so close. The rubber band keeps stretching. When it goes bang we're going to get on top of a few teams. Got some real talent just need to keep the head on the grindstone a finish the job. A bit of luck wouldn't go astray.

As it stands I have numerous crows fans dancing around me like leprechauns in joyous rapture. As with Eddie, they'll keep.
Always like reading your posts, Ocker and fresh:thumbsu:

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Internally they must see it like so many externally.

Every media comment, every time we get shafted, the close games, it's all building up to the point of explosion.

It is creating an us vs all of them mentality.

They don't realise (or maybe they do) that they are creating a beast within, a beast that when it all lines up, will be unstoppable, will be mad, will be crazy mofos.

Gather around my loved ones, absorb the pain, we are on the cusp of something magical.

The Carlton Football Club will be great again.

We will be feared by all.
Fear us or fear the 4b2

Simple

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Have not seen such a one sided free kick tally (24-8) in such a close game in years. But I suppose Williams with 43 touches never got a Brownlow vote, and ended up costing him the Brownlow. The AFL has never had an investigation. Add that to their many failings.

I wonder if the umpires might provide feedback, if required. What were our guys doing wrong that they kept getting pinged for, and what was working so well for the opposition that they only conceded 8 frees for the entire game?
To get some kind of sound, rule-based explanation might help hose down any controversy.
If there IS no reasonable explanation then it's a concern, because then you're left to conclude that the umpires were just a little one-eyed.

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
That is the exact timing I been expecting too. I am expecting to break into the top 8 next season and 2021 we virtually either ready to contend or not far off.
As long as club stays the course and does not listen to nufties, the good times are coming.
Why make huge calls in times of need
Our setup right now is not geared for finals,it is a good list,however our progress has to be closely monitored...the breakout has been late,and perhaps not rushed and that suggests sustained attack down the track and further list building...eg.Kennedy or Fisher may be good mid depth,we require an elite mid NOW,that we dont have,and i am aware of Walsh
I am assuming re resign Cripps ?
We will require another Eddie Betts type small forward,Eventually a new ruck,Doc will be back but Simmo has to be replaced and so on..
Bolton will have to take the bull by the horns at some stage and play attacking ball,his approach may well change down the track as well as some of the assistant coaches...it must be said tho the list is good and coaches are a big step up
But still no breakout...instead of 2020 why not predict the second half of this season?......do you think we can make 16 th with say 6 wins?
This list should manage 6 wins .......so lets see Bolton earn his pay packet....which would be considerable ?

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Funny what we see when we look for it. I’ve only watched the first half again and there was a few time Dow gives when he shouldn’t or doesn’t give when he should.

Still think there’s an argument for ressies conditioning with some players and Dow seems a reasonable candidate.
After reading all the negative comments about Dow I was actually looking for all his mistake, I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.

Back