Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

**PINNED POST**

2020 Coaching Structure
Senior coach
John Worsfold (thread)
Senior assistant coach and team defenceBen Rutten (thread)
Assistant coach – midfield and attack Blake Caracella
Assistant coach – forwardsDan Jordan
Assistant coach – backline James Kelly
Assistant coach – stoppages Mark Harvey
Development coach and VFL head coachMark Corrigan
Development coach and VFL backline coachLeigh Tudor
Development coach and VFL midfield coachCam Roberts

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Mitchell?
Nope. Wildly unpopular everywhere he goes. Plus I doubt he wants to be involved at Essendon, hates us with a passion from what I understand.

I am taking the Warren Buffett approach on this one.

Mitchell would like money, we could offer to pay him.
I am taking the "I don't give a *, Sam Mitchell is a ******* that I don't respect" approach.

Do we have to look outside the box like the Saints did with Billy Slater ?
We have Dan Richardson and Ben Rutten who know the Richmond system which is based on making it fun but also play your role but do we need to look at a leadership coach who has done some work under a system like the Storm where it is very much hold no prisoners and you do everything in your power to get the "team " over the line.
I just think we are too nice which is really at odds with the way Worsfold and Harvey played.:think:
My concern with this is that any person with the attitude the club needs will be forced to bite their tongue in order to not ruffle too many feathers because that's just not how things are done at Essendon. The players weren't even able to handle a tweet from Xavier Campbell.

Do we have to look outside the box like the Saints did with Billy Slater ?
We have Dan Richardson and Ben Rutten who know the Richmond system which is based on making it fun but also play your role but do we need to look at a leadership coach who has done some work under a system like the Storm where it is very much hold no prisoners and you do everything in your power to get the "team " over the line.
I just think we are too nice which is really at odds with the way Worsfold and Harvey played.:think:

Do everything in your power to get team over the line??? Eeeek hello Dank, hello Warner and Australian cricket team??? Hello storm and salary cap saga?

What we need is a vision. And everyone’s position opened to interview to be employed if they fit that vision Similar to 76ers ‘trust the process’ not ‘whatever it takes’.

Do everything in your power to get team over the line??? Eeeek hello Dank, hello Warner and Australian cricket team??? Hello storm and salary cap saga?

What we need is a vision. And everyone’s position opened to interview to be employed if they fit that vision Similar to 76ers ‘trust the process’ not ‘whatever it takes’.

Hello Luke Hodge , Joel Sellwood , Alister Clarkson, Damian Hardwicke, our 2000 premiership side.
The players and coach had nothing to do with the Storm running two books and cooking the accounts. They have proven since that they have the right program in place to be at the top end year in and year out. To bring players other clubs had given away into their system and turn them around.
Doing everything it takes is a figure of speech. Everyone plays their role and sacrifices for the team. I am insulted that you think I would consider cheating as an option.
As for the 76ers. Have the won a championship yet with a trust the system approach ? I the process is only 5 or so years old but the have not been super strong in the play offs so far and have not looked close to getting to the last dance.

Hello Luke Hodge , Joel Sellwood , Alister Clarkson, Damian Hardwicke, our 2000 premiership side.
The players and coach had nothing to do with the Storm running two books and cooking the accounts. They have proven since that they have the right program in place to be at the top end year in and year out. To bring players other clubs had given away into their system and turn them around.
Doing everything it takes is a figure of speech. Everyone plays their role and sacrifices for the team. I am insulted that you think I would consider cheating as an option.
As for the 76ers. Have the won a championship yet with a trust the system approach ? I the process is only 5 or so years old but the have not been super strong in the play offs so far and have not looked close to getting to the last dance.

76ers won a finals series this year and just lost Toronto courtesy of a miracle of god... that’s 15 years ahead of Essendon?

Luke hodge and Clarko were subsidiaries of Kennets vision of professionalism. Kennet made clarko better who made hodge great.

Hardwick needed Ben Gayle, wasn’t too long ago tigers were playing home games at cairns and were questioning Hardwick. Hardwick had no game plan B, had Riewoldt questioning his game plan of slow and defensive. Ben Gayle sacked his assistants got Leppitsch back, got Rutten and the biggish fish in Neil Balme. Tigers changed game plan to getting ball forward and working for each other to make others better.

Selwood is different and was a first year kid who stood up before cats became good. He’s more in line with your discussion but still it was Brian Cook that set the vision for Cats to thrive under the leading teams vision to sit down with one another to tell home truths about how everyone could get better to help the team get better.

Last edited:
76ers won a finals series this year and just lost Toronto courtesy of a miracle of god... that’s 15 years ahead of Essendon?

Luke hodge and Clarko were subsidiaries of Kennets vision of professionalism. Kennet made clarko better who made hodge great.

Hardwick needed Ben Gayle, wasn’t too long ago tigers were playing home games at cairns and were questioning Hardwick. Hardwick had no game plan B, had Riewoldt questioning his game plan of slow and defensive. Ben Gayle sacked his assistants got Leppitsch back, got Rutten and the biggish fish in Neil Balme. Tigers changed game plan to getting ball forward and working for each other to make others better.

Selwood is different and was a first year kid who stood up before cats became good. He’s more in line with your discussion but still it was Brian Cook that set the vision for Cats to thrive under the leading teams vision to sit down with one another to tell home truths about how everyone could get better to help the team get better.

Talk about totally missing the point.
Are you saying the CEO of each club got the players on board with playing their role o_O:oops:

It does not matter how they got there the point is their systems are about playing your role for the team and having a hard edge about their footy. It is what we do not have.

As for the 76ers. Yes they won a finals series but they have not won a championship . Until they do you can not put them in the same boat as Geelong , Hawthorn or Melbourne Storm.

If you think we do not need a harder edge and a more ruthless approach to team footy which was what my original comment was about then you are simply wrong.!:)

So I say again maybe we need a leadership coach who knows about taking the next step and has worked in a system that is prepared to do what it takes within the rules.
If we just stick to the process we will meander along for another 15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about totally missing the point.
Are you saying the CEO of each club got the players on board with playing their role o_O:oops:

It does not matter how they got there the point is their systems are about playing your role for the team and having a hard edge about their footy. It is what we do not have.

As for the 76ers. Yes they won a finals series but they have not won a championship . Until they do you can not put them in the same boat as Geelong , Hawthorn or Melbourne Storm.

If you think we do not need a harder edge and a more ruthless approach to team footy which was what my original comment was about then you are simply wrong.!:)

So I say again maybe we need a leadership coach who knows about taking the next step and has worked in a system that is prepared to do what it takes within the rules.
If we just stick to the process we will meander along for another 15 years.

Nope

what he failed to mention was Bags was trailing his man both ways - he wasn't making an option, he was following his man, and losing that battle
He picked up Walla’s opponent after Walla picked up Heppell’s. Heppell left his opponent behind in the midfield and shot up the ground to get to that contest and then spread into the left-side flank along with someone else, neither of whom were used.

Not sure if that’s what he was supposed to be doing though.

When I read the title, I was saying to myself please be the Corrigans (but truthfully I have no clue about what they do).

Let's hope this is as good as a mid-season Neald sacking.
Paul is the forwards coach
Mark is in charge of the first to third year players.

I'm hoping they're not the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back