Abblet high contact again

Remove this Banner Ad

Who, when and where?

2 weeks ago Cousins for the same action and same level of contact. If he had done it next week it wouldnt even be a fine.

Remember when Hodge got 2 weeks for elbowing Ziebel, who got back up and took his free kick and kicked a goal?

Until 9 days ago Cats supporters were outraged that Mitchell didnt get a week for his hit on Goldstein which Goldstein said he barely felt (which surely means insufficient force, but Mitchell still copped a fine).

Im sure supporters of most teams will have examples where their players have been penalised for similar hits.

Very emotive language you use. I am surprised Sam Wright's head wasn't ripped off. Just remind me what damage Wright suffered, how long he was down for and how long he was off the ground?

Are you also carrying on about Frawley pushing Cameron into the electronic sign fence? Or Fyffe elbowing the Richmond guy in the head?.....Didn't think so

Frawley got a fine. Which is exactly what everyone gets who shoves players in to the fence and they dont get hurt.

Fyfe got off for the same reason Ablett got off. They have a lot of Brownlow votes. Everyone knows it.

Just admit it.

In a few weeks a lesser player will throw a late elbow on a big name player and be rubbed out. We all know its coming.

2 weeks ago Cousins for the same action and same level of contact. If he had done it next week it wouldnt even be a fine.

Remember when Hodge got 2 weeks for elbowing Ziebel, who got back up and took his free kick and kicked a goal?

Until 9 days ago Cats supporters were outraged that Mitchell didnt get a week for his hit on Goldstein which Goldstein said he barely felt (which surely means insufficient force, but Mitchell still copped a fine).

Im sure supporters of most teams will have examples where their players have been penalised for similar hits.

Frawley got a fine. Which is exactly what everyone gets who shoves players in to the fence and they dont get hurt.

Fyfe got off for the same reason Ablett got off. They have a lot of Brownlow votes. Everyone knows it.

Just admit it.

In a few weeks a lesser player will throw a late elbow on a big name player and be rubbed out. We all know its coming.
Oi! I know you’re a bit daft with these matters but point me to where Hawthorn challenged Cousins ban?

You didn’t. We did.
Can’t overturn a charge if you accept it.

Oi! I know you’re a bit daft with these matters but point me to where Hawthorn challenged Cousins ban?

You didn’t. We did.
Can’t overturn a charge if you accept it.
People forget Ablett was originally suspended last week for an incident worse than the brush with the forearm on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is "insufficient force". It shouldn't be a factor. Either you've elbowed someone in the head or you haven't. The outcome of the action shouldn't matter in determining guilt - it should determine the penalty. And the minimum penalty should be a week.

And just for the record, yes Tom Mitchell should have got a week.

So cousins gets a week, Martin gets a week, Ablett gets off two weeks in a row.... something doesn’t quite add up

Elbow to the head off the ball no matter the force is a week. Absolutely no need to be raising the arms like that.

Then they wonder why the ratings are going down.

So cousins gets a week, Martin gets a week, Ablett gets off two weeks in a row.... something doesn’t quite add up

Elbow to the head off the ball no matter the force is a week. Absolutely no need to be raising the arms like that.
Luckily for Ablett, his was a forearm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back