Injury Injury List

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
To be fair, there is a difference between going back on the ground with the sort of contact fracture Melksham has, and the stress fractures of TMac and Viney.

That said, without doubt, the 4-6 week prognosis will be around 8-12 weeks.

FTFY

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is probably the worst injury crisis I can remember at the Dees.

But, just goes to show how good the Tigers this year and Magpies last year were in still winning despite being decimated.

This is probably the worst injury crisis I can remember at the Dees.

But, just goes to show how good the Tigers this year and Magpies last year were in still winning despite being decimated.
Better coached, more confidence, winning culture, better depth.

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well the problem isn't just the injuries, but the amount of guys who came into the season underdone because of injuries and surgeries during the off-season. The only two of our best players who didn't miss big chunks of the off-season from memory were Gawn and Salem, and they've been probably our two best players. We hit the ground crawling and the current injury spate means we can't get up.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well the problem isn't just the injuries, but the amount of guys who came into the season underdone because of injuries and surgeries during the off-season. The only two of our best players who didn't miss big chunks of the off-season from memory were Gawn and Salem, and they've been probably our two best players. We hit the ground crawling and the current injury spate means we can't get up.
What do you mean cant get up? We are 1 win out of the 8 and if we pull off a win over here and beat GWS we could be in the 8 by the byes plus we'll start getting Lever and May back then a few others. We've bled some new players who wouldnt otherwise have gotten a game. Silver lining mother *er

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
What do you mean cant get up? We are 1 win out of the 8 and if we pull off a win over here and beat GWS we could be in the 8 by the byes plus we'll start getting Lever and May back then a few others. We've bled some new players who wouldnt otherwise have gotten a game. Silver lining mother ******

IF we win yep, don't think it'll happen but if we could somehow go 2-2 over the next 4 our season is back on.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The upside to all the injuries is that it gives us supporters a tried and tested, if not really justifiable excuse as a retort to Demon bagging acquaintances. As in "Yeh, but we have 23 of our best 22 out injured"

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
IF we win yep, don't think it'll happen but if we could somehow go 2-2 over the next 4 our season is back on.
Well last 2 games over here ive been to have been wins over Eagles(missed the final) and im going friday night so im the lucky charm. but nah just hoping we can pull it off instead of getting belted and Eagles have been pretty s**t this year anyway but wouldnt be surprised if its a 15goal loss. GWS is always doable at the G then crows up north with Lever back and no OMac makes our backline look pretty dangerous on the rebound then get that fat campaigner back allows even more attacking from D50

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Well last 2 games over here ive been to have been wins over Eagles(missed the final) and im going friday night so im the lucky charm. but nah just hoping we can pull it off instead of getting belted and Eagles have been pretty **** this year anyway but wouldnt be surprised if its a 15goal loss. GWS is always doable at the G then crows up north with Lever back and no OMac makes our backline look pretty dangerous on the rebound then get that fat campaigner back allows even more attacking from D50
I've got more confidence in a win this week than Queens B'day ... not much confidence at all .. but still more. I do think we can beat GWS and Adelaide tho. Parts of our game have been improving, there is even a chance that without Melksham in the team, other players will be more conscious of the way they send it inside 50, as they can no longer rely on Melk to get it at some point and actually kick to a target

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
What do you mean cant get up? We are 1 win out of the 8 and if we pull off a win over here and beat GWS we could be in the 8 by the byes plus we'll start getting Lever and May back then a few others. We've bled some new players who wouldnt otherwise have gotten a game. Silver lining mother ******
Lol 'if we win all the games, we'll be in the 8!'

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Latest update:

Player

April 9

April 16

April 29

May 1

May 7

May 14

Hannan

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)

4-6

3-4

2-3

JKH

10-12

8-10

3-4

Lever

6-8 (was 6-12 March 20)

4-6

3-4

3-4

Test

May

2-3

2-4

TBC

3-4

3-4

2-3

Joel Smith

TBC (was 5 March 20)

4-6

4-5

6-8

6-8

4-6

AVB

4-6

4-6

4-5

TBC

TBC

TBC

Viney

-

-

-

Test

Fit*

Maynard

-

-

-

3-4

Test

Preuss

-

-

- (left off weirdly but was 2)

Test

Fit

Nev :(

-

-

8-10

10-12

10-12

8-10

KK

-

-

TBC

TBC

TBC

TBC

Melk

-

-

-

-

-

4-5

Lewis

-

-

-

-

-

Test

Weid

-

-

-

-

-

Test

Good:
- Hannan seems like he is only a fortnight or so away from playing something
- Lever. All of a sudden (he was still a month away last week) has come good. Please do not rush him back
- Pruess looks like he actually just had a standard injury. One for the ages
- Maynard. Not that he is really going to save us but still good to have fit players to choose from, not that we will pick them necessarily - see Viney.
- JKH - with all the other injuries going on, it might be a good time for JKH to be fit. Could get a decent run at it, being semi-versatileishkinda.

Very Bad:
- AVB. I can't keep up with list places and all that. Is he on the LTI list? He was 4-6 away 6 weeks ago and no one even knows now when he'll be right. We signed him up for another 2 or 3 years didn't we? Sounds like something we'd do, but he's delist worthy. If Kent was let go, AVB should be too. Just can't get on the park, even though he's decent when he does.
- Nev. Just sucks.
- Melk. Best player injured. Watch this 4-5 balloon out.

Fugly:
- May. Just wow. Was 2-3 away 6 weeks ago and is still 2-3 away apparently. So probably 4-6. I'd head to the pub for a pint too.
- Joel Smith. 5 weeks away on March the 20th. 4-6 on May the 14th. That's all time 4-6 right there. Criminal. SS was spot on.
- KK. We hardly knew ye.

After the bye things should start to look better. Famous last words.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I don’t think we’ll see May this year. I mean you can see him from outer space he’s so fat, but I don’t think we’ll see him on the park

We need to find another way to monetize this asset cause it ain’t going to be helping us sell finals tickets

Let’s ideate (* I hate that word). I’ll start

- some sort of bottomless pete’s Type set up. Come for the beast stay for the feast. We need to replace that pokies revenue we lost. Restaurants are all cash chop

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don’t think we’ll see May this year. I mean you can see him from outer space he’s so fat, but I don’t think we’ll see him on the park

We need to find another way to monetize this asset cause it ain’t going to be helping us sell finals tickets

Let’s ideate (**** I hate that word). I’ll start

- some sort of bottomless pete’s Type set up. Come for the beast stay for the feast. We need to replace that pokies revenue we lost. Restaurants are all cash chop
Im pretty sure hes been on the park grazing must of had a big winter over east for the farmers

Back