Movies & TV What are you watching on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Boy oh boy for any GoT watchers out there it's honestly deflating seeing what this show has become. Were it not for my near-decade investment in this story, I probably wouldn't even bother watching the series finale next week.
It’s been disappointing, although if anyone has read the books, which a fair part of the audience hasn’t, they wouldn’t be surprised with the most recent Kings Landing actions. It’s been there all along.

It’s been disappointing, although if anyone has read the books, which a fair part of the audience hasn’t, they wouldn’t be surprised with the most recent Kings Landing actions. It’s been there all along.

It has been, just a disappointing narrative choice in terms of being very predictable. And for all the predictability of it, it still felt incredibly random and nonsensical, which tells me the show has failed at it’s characterisation (probably the result of trying to cram like two book’s worth of stories into only a dozen episodes - thanks HBO!!!!)

It has been, just a disappointing narrative choice in terms of being very predictable. And for all the predictability of it, it still felt incredibly random and nonsensical, which tells me the show has failed at it’s characterisation (probably the result of trying to cram like two book’s worth of stories into only a dozen episodes - thanks HBO!!!!)
But that’s the problem, they don’t have the books by Martin to go off. And it shows:mad:
And I swear I will totally lose it if Widows Wail isn’t returned to its original owners. The Starks. As should Briennes sword.

But that’s the problem, they don’t have the books by Martin to go off. And it shows:mad:
And I swear I will totally lose it if Widows Wail isn’t returned to its original owners. The Starks. As should Briennes sword.

I think there’s going to be a LOT of small but important details that are gonna be glossed over with only one episode left.

Is schlock a real word? Not in my old concise OED and I don't believe the online version.

Has anyone else made the error of watching The Originals on Netflix? Binged through a couple of series when I had a sniffle aka old bloke flu, pneumonia, Abyssinian spotted tongue etc.

The show is like Days of our Lives or any other soap except with Vampires the teeth are bigger and they floss on humans any tick of the clock.

Is schlock the right word to describe a cheesy show with ultra violence but actors in sex scenes wear their foundation garments. Anyhoo the show is an utter disaster but funny?

Is schlock a real word? Not in my old concise OED and I don't believe the online version.

Has anyone else made the error of watching The Originals on Netflix? Binged through a couple of series when I had a sniffle aka old bloke flu, pneumonia, Abyssinian spotted tongue etc.

The show is like Days of our Lives or any other soap except with Vampires the teeth are bigger and they floss on humans any tick of the clock.

Is schlock the right word to describe a cheesy show with ultra violence but actors in sex scenes wear their foundation garments. Anyhoo the show is an utter disaster but funny?

Sounds like a must see!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect I am the last person in the known universe + some unknown little fecker galaxies to have watched Derry Girls.

I have not laughed as hard at a TV series for a very long time. I have been many times to the Republic but not to the North of Ireland. As the series was set during the Irish Troubles, I thought it would be grim and a poor period for comedy.

I was wrong and heartily recommend it. The timing of the humour is terrific and the forms of comedy used are broad. Re the Troubles, they are in the background but periodically the kids will wander through an English Army patrol giving the soldiers no attention whatsoever.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is on Netflix! I haven’t seen it since it’s appear on SBS in 90’s. Love this show.

Anno is working on another film to wrap everything up (Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back