Not open for further replies.

BJuddy

All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
I left that out deliberately so the post could be seen as objective and not accused of bias.
Which part of it do you disagree with?

I think your 2017 are your weakest based on Dow's kicking at the moment
Our 2016 will be our poorest return and this stage.

The fact you say from 2015 onwards suggests you agree with me. Cheers

If Dow is our worst, then we got nothing to worry about.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
I left that out deliberately so the post could be seen as objective and not accused of bias.

The part where you said basket case clubs as well as every thing else you've said. All will come back to bite you on the arse..

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The part where you said basket case clubs as well as every thing else you've said. All will come back to bite you on the arse..
You did say that 6 months ago as well.
I'd say its going better than any of us predicted.
So Melbourne weren't a basket case when they took Watts,Trengrove etc.
I doubt pick 1 or 2 is going to bite us.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Adelaide are up and about after beating 3 middle of the road sides - Port, Freo and St Kilda. None of which were tipped to be any good.

They will finish around 8th. 6th at best meaning we still end up with pick 12 which isn't a bad pick at all. I assume we won't be using it so what hurts is the trade value of the pick rather than the pick itself. Still, not fussed as SOS usually finds a way to get deals done, and Stocker looks the goods.

I still don't think we will finish bottom - however still bottom 4 so Adelaide will do well out of it.

BJuddy

All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
I doubt pick 1 or 2 are coming to you

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Your welcome to come over here and talk about what pick you have when you have it.

CFC18

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
When being denied a priority pick last year, I wonder if there's a chance we were given an indication one would be forthcoming this year should another bottom 2 finish occur. AFL may also be more inclined to approve it if we're not holding a top 10 pick.

Bluechip66

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Trading pick #1 for pick #79 isn't a good trade just because the players turn out to be Watts and Hird.

Teams have few commodities at their disposal, so failing to maximise your return is simply poor management.
Totally missed the point, but play on.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

Don't kid yourself mate i don't think we will ever agree, if you told me it was Monday i would tell you it's Sunday somewhere. I stated 2015 because that's when we started the rebuild, but i'm sure you knew that.

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

What were Dangerfield’s stats like in his first couple of season’s?
Because his kicking was definitely no better than Dow’s early on and to be honest it’s still his biggest flaw.
Bet you would have him back in your team though.
Dow is very similar to a young Danger.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Interesting comparo:

Paddys.PNG

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
So this is Dow's second year versus technically Danger's third, but Danger didn't play year 1. It's the year in which both turn 20.

There are quite a few numbers that are similar on both sides. Early doors Danger player forward a fair bit and showed his goal-scoring ability there.

I'm not optimistic enough to suggest Dow becomes a Dangerfield like player - doesn't have the physical upside, I wouldn't think, at a minimum - but good food for thought for anyone panicking about Dow. He's doing a lot right, in a midfield with one (1) proper AFL-ready player to show him how.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
So this is Dow's second year versus technically Danger's third, but Danger didn't play year 1. It's the year in which both turn 20.

There are quite a few numbers that are similar on both sides. Early doors Danger player forward a fair bit and showed his goal-scoring ability there.

I'm not optimistic enough to suggest Dow becomes a Dangerfield like player - doesn't have the physical upside, I wouldn't think, at a minimum - but good food for thought for anyone panicking about Dow. He's doing a lot right, in a midfield with one (1) proper AFL-ready player to show him how.
Good post Faz, he picked Dow cause he wanted to pick someone. Just goes to show how much he doesn't know.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Danger played mostly out of the goal square from his debut up through 2010.

Only really started getting a recent run on the ball one Neil Craig quit (in the second half of 2011).

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Good post Faz, he picked Dow cause he wanted to pick someone. Just goes to show how much he doesn't know.

Yeh, I wasn't meaning to pile into a squabble - I just hadn't thought to look side by side at Dow versus Dangerfield. The early days comparison is interesting and the pattern of stats is quite similar.

And yes, Danger played more time up forward... but he also had noticeably higher TOG overall, so again... Dow doesn't suffer much by comparison.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Yeh, I wasn't meaning to pile into a squabble - I just hadn't thought to look side by side at Dow versus Dangerfield. The early days comparison is interesting and the pattern of stats is quite similar.

And yes, Danger played more time up forward... but he also had noticeably higher TOG overall, so again... Dow doesn't suffer much by comparison.
Wasn't a squabble Faz, i got a thicker skin than he has. Someone has to educate these Crowboats that want to come over and talk :poo:.

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Danger played mostly out of the goal square from his debut up through 2010.

Only really started getting a recent run on the ball one Neil Craig quit (in the second half of 2011).
He was also in a team that just missed the 8 from memory. It’s a lot easier for a young mid/forward than in a bottom side.
Bag him all you like. I will look forward to the egg on your face in a couple of years

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Random my arse..you cherry picked them..
I have decided to cherry pick a year too - 2015. Google that and as good as top 10 was, 11-20 in my opinion has turned out just as good.
In regards to this years upcoming draft. I don’t think it is looking to be a bad draft. I think that the first two are just looking to be standouts and then from 3-20 is very even. It could turn out a very solid draft and unless Crows get a top two pick off us then it is likely we win that trade if anyone cares to judge who wins.
I am so far happy with Stocker and if we get a Jack Martin or another player of his caliber then that will be just what Dr. SOS ordered.

Last edited:

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I have decided to cherry pick a year too - 2015. Google that and as good as top 10 was, 11-20 in my opinion has turned out just as good.
In regards to this years upcoming draft. I don’t think it is looking to be a bad draft. I think that the first two are just looking to be standouts and then from 2-20 is very even. It could turn out a very solid draft and unless Crows get a top two pick off us then it is likely we win that trade if anyone cares to judge who wins.
I am so far happy with Stocker and if we get a Jack Martin or another player of his caliber then that will be just what Dr. SOS ordered.
Yep..spot on..
Heaps of gun players have been picked after 10 / 20 range ,We can trust SOS to get the job done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back