Traded Hugh Greenwood [traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Such an underrated player, and he is so important to our team. He is undoubtedly worth more to us than we would receive.

But at 27 years old, and a late comer to AFL, this is his chance to make his first and last big payday. I feel that any club who offers him decent coin would be able to nab him.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
From the crows list profile, Greenwood whilst being a very good player and one that we ideally don't want to lose, could be a guy that we could look to trade out for a need (ie maybe a Francis etc). If we are getting pick 1 or 2 from Carlton and are set on taking a top mid in Rowell or Anderson and with Chayce Jones cutting his teeth for a midfield spot, we will be well stocked for midfielders for the next few years with Sloane, Crouch x 2, Rowell / Anderson, Jones and maybe Milera to transition in there as well. I think Greenwood stays but if the right deal was in the offing, maybe a trade would work

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Such an underrated player, and he is so important to our team. He is undoubtedly worth more to us than we would receive.

But at 27 years old, and a late comer to AFL, this is his chance to make his first and last big payday. I feel that any club who offers him decent coin would be able to nab him.
Yes please, really like him.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really like Greenwood but I think offering him a long mult-million dollar deal would have too high an element of risk. I reckon he will play his career out with the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Out of contract Tasmanian boy. 191cm big body inside mid.
Think he is severely underrated, there was rumours 2 years ago north were keen when last out of contract, not sure if the Tasmanian link played a part.

One to track as the year progresses

If North want him, you would probably have to put up your 1st rnd pick for him, Crows rate him highly, and sadly your list is mainly full of scrubbers that Adelaide or any other club wouldn't want. (i suppose would offer Atley, but he is one of scrubbers i am talking about)

North might as well hit the draft or use free agency, because you just don't have any tangible assets to get deal done

If North want him, you would probably have to put up your 1st rnd pick for him, Crows rate him highly, and sadly your list is mainly full of scrubbers that Adelaide or any other club wouldn't want. (i suppose would offer Atley, but he is one of scrubbers i am talking about)

North might as well hit the draft or use free agency, because you just don't have any tangible assets to get deal done
He’s worth a second rounder out of contract

Agreed. Flip what I said. Francis to the crows along with our 3rd for Greenwood and your 4th.
The issue is we already have Keath & Doedee.

Think Greenwood is more of a need to keep than gaining Francis. Would prefer Fantasia if there was any player swap as we lost Cameron & need to replace Betts.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look great in black and white

2019 Pick 1 and him and 2020 2nd for grundy

And maybe that's not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back