Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deals are done well in advance we all knew about O’Cockface and Uncle Tom months in advance, why do you think Scrimsook was disinterested in team meetings.
I agree with O'Meara and Lynch, but they already had runs on the board so the clubs they went to would have a rough idea of their money worth.

However Brodie is different as he has not shown to the level of the other 2, and would end up getting paid unders of his value if he was to move if he was tanking his own performances. Surely, it is in his best financial interest to break into the 1's and show that he has it, then move on at the end of the year with some extra coin in his pocket.

FWIW, I think Brodie is still having a crack, racking up good numbers in the 2's. Not like Scrimshaw who was jogging around in the 2's.

There is no good reason to think Brodie isn't having a crack
It just comes down to dropping Swallow Fiorini Miller Holman McPherson Ainsworth or Bowes for him
The selectors have shown he is next in line
Maybe Touk actually should have a rest if he's injured
Out of all those players Brodie could seamlessly replace-it would be Touk IMO

There is no good reason to think Brodie isn't having a crack
It just comes down to dropping Swallow Fiorini Miller Holman McPherson Ainsworth or Bowes for him
The selectors have shown he is next in line
Maybe Touk actually should have a rest if he's injured
Out of all those players Brodie could seamlessly replace-it would be Touk IMO
With Oliver tearing us a new hole (again), and Dave Swallow playing one of his best games of the year. We only really had Bowes in size/strength to go up against Oliver - enter Brodie. In terms of midfield mix, we've got a bunch of small midfielders so I hope Will pulls his finger out and gets in there to give us a better mix in the mids.

With Oliver tearing us a new hole (again), and Dave Swallow playing one of his best games of the year. We only really had Bowes in size/strength to go up against Oliver - enter Brodie. In terms of midfield mix, we've got a bunch of small midfielders so I hope Will pulls his finger out and gets in there to give us a better mix in the mids.
Oliver is big, but he's not Fyfe/Bont/Wines big.
Testing my memory but pretty sure last year against Melbourne with Brodie in the team, they sent Scheer to Oliver once he'd gotten away in the first half.

Oliver is big, but he's not Fyfe/Bont/Wines big.
Testing my memory but pretty sure last year against Melbourne with Brodie in the team, they sent Scheer to Oliver once he'd gotten away in the first half.
we still had no one big enough to combat him other than probably Bowes. Plus it's a learning/development opportunity like earlier in the year with Fiorini/Bowes going to Fyfe, Cripps. I don't want Brodie to get a gold pass at selection, has to earn it but not going to develop as well as playing on the best, as well as for extended patches of footy to get continuity (4-5 games at a time).

we still had no one big enough to combat him other than probably Bowes. Plus it's a learning/development opportunity like earlier in the year with Fiorini/Bowes going to Fyfe, Cripps. I don't want Brodie to get a gold pass at selection, has to earn it but not going to develop as well as playing on the best, as well as for extended patches of footy to get continuity (4-5 games at a time).
I am pretty sure Holman could play on Oliver. He did a great job on Cripps the last season.

Its more Olivers power and burst that separates him than are size - 187cm, 85kg is not massive.
Exactly the same measurements as Bowes - Oliver is just far more quick twitch and explosive.

Swallow 185cm, 87kg
Holman 189cm, 87kg
Fiorini 186cm, 82kg

Yes DMac, Touk, Martin, Ainsworth obviously smaller in stature.

Honestly done with this forum and the non stop “Brodie” discussion

In a year we thought we’d be lucky to win a game we’ve:

- won 3 games
- lost 2 games by a point
- can play 4 quarters
- have heart, fight and passion
- have players who want to stay until the club kicks them out

And yet all I ever bloody hear is how short-changed Brodie has been?!?

Just goes to show this whole forum is just full of moaning, whinging keyboard warriors who’ll find something negative to complain about - even when clearly the staff, players and selection committee (and some brave moves to trade out our best players) have turned this club around.

I’m done with this joint - toorah!

- won 3 games
- can play 4 quarters

Just goes to show this whole forum is just full of moaning, whinging keyboard warriors who’ll find something negative to complain about - even when clearly the staff, players and selection committee (and some brave moves to trade out our best players) have turned this club around.

Camsta please don’t go!!! You are one of my brotherhood that gets me. Please reconsider, you are a true Gold Coast Sun poster.

I don’t have FB. Is there much Brodie discussion on it like there is in here.

Don't look it at. Just making light that I don't know of too many places to share as part of the Suns community.

I will personally take a vow of silence and not mention his name until he is picked in the 1's as a show of solidarity for Camsta.

Don't look it at. Just making light that I don't know of too many places to share as part of the Suns community.

I will personally take a vow of silence and not mention his name until he is picked in the 1's as a show of solidarity for Camsta.

I’ve said in a recent post that Dew is special and I’ll back him in without question.
So come back brother Camsta.

Swallow named in the 'Team of the Week' by Campbell Brown
Good recognition for an excellent game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way Brodie is going to show his best is by giving him a long spell in the big league - same with Ben King. These two are the ones down in the 2s (and probably Day) that have the potential to be A graders. If not with us, we'll watch them go on to better things with other clubs. Toss in Rankine and with these 4 in at the expense of lesser long termers, it's the best team we could come up with at this stage. Rory of course would come into consideration but not until next year when the landscape may be entirely different.

- won 3 games
- can play 4 quarters

complaining about complaining on an internet forum with keyboard warriors. Harden up Camsta

I don't think anyone is necessarily crying over WB non selection, just want to see him develop and get some games under the belt. But obviously not ticking the right boxes. No dramas I back the club in, but we're all weekend coaches at heart and passionate about the club.

Damn!
So unlucky for both of those guys.
Pearce had put together his best 5-6 games for the club since late 2017.

Fiorini + either Joyce or Day to replace those 2.

- won 3 games
- can play 4 quarters

I hope you didn't buy into the hype that we wouldn't win a game this year!
My Suns >2.5 games won for the season bet was resulted inside the first 4 rounds haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back