Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? This is an adult content free forum.
Am I doing it right PC Jen?🙄
Actually... don’t believe it’s PC you are complaining about, rather the terms of use of the site. ;)

As for Cockwombling Numbat... it’s as child friendly as you could possibly get.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it's fine what the AFL and the umpire did. It's not like it happens every week, the umpire did the right thing to give a warning but the AFL needs to make it known to other players they won't just get a warning if they do the same thing. It would have been criminal to effectively give Essendon the match because of that. Common sense umpiring is a good thing.

The rule of not moving the goal posts is one of the few black and white rules AFL footy has.

Absolute free, or in this case 50m I guess. Essendon were robbed...not that I give a **** ha ha ha.

I don't think the players should be able to personally attack an umpire, and that's what it was.
This. Regardless of what was said (and in all honesty, if you are going to attack an umpire, there are far better options available), you just can’t attack an umpire. EVER. (As much as we’d all like to at times).

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
And no doubt get 2 games for their efforts.

This comp is a joke (as we all know). Tex would've been rubbed out for sure.
That d!@khead Christian has already suspended Walker multiple times for much, much less. The AFL have lost the plot completely.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
This. Regardless of what was said (and in all honesty, if you are going to attack an umpire, there are far better options available), you just can’t attack an umpire. EVER. (As much as we’d all like to at times).

Especially a personal attack which is what it was. It's worse than swearing about a decision because it was a personal insult. Absolutely no place for that.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually it's not because it's worded as intentionally shake. So they have to interpret whether it was intentional and whether it was a shake.
The rule of not moving the goal posts is one of the few black and white rules AFL footy has.

Absolute free, or in this case 50m I guess. Essendon were robbed...not that I give a **** ha ha ha.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually it's not because it's worded as intentionally shake. So they have to interpret whether it was intentional and whether it was a shake.

All they need to do is clarify/change the rule to disallow climbing a post, regardless of shaking.

I don't see what asking Rampe for a "please explain" achieves. What - he's going to come up with an explanation that makes it OK?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep. Said last week they should have found him guilty, given him a week, then given a week discount for being a good bloke if they really wanted. Now they have no choice but to let him keep elbowing people in the face.

Be interesting if he does it for a third time this week for example and see what the response is.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
I don't think the players should be able to personally attack an umpire, and that's what it was.

He said "you talk like a little girl".

What if it is factully correct? Can you still not say it?

Very clumsy way of saying speak up you dill I cant hear you.

But he didnt call the umpire a girl.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Yeah nah. Your drawing a long bow there. He shook the goal post by intentionally climbing it. Ignorance of the rule is no excuse. His action was intentional and involved shaking the post.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surprise surprise Ablett got off. Time for someone to sniper him back
Ablett and Fyfe are covered under the "good bloke" rule. Any possible suspension is minimised as they are good blokes. Trent Cotchin got off in the 2017 Prelim because of this rule. It's the same reason why Luke Hodge gets away with what he does.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Yeah nah. Your drawing a long bow there. He shook the goal post by intentionally climbing it. Ignorance of the rule is no excuse. His action was intentional and involved shaking the post.

I think we can all agree his intention was to climb the pole, that is beyond dispute.

Was it foreseeable that by climbing the post it would shake?

I think if most people were told to go and shake that post they would go up to it, grab it with both hands and shake away, or they might bump or "hip and shoulder it".

Do you think anyone would start climbing up the pole?

He didn't just jump onto the pole he was trying to get as high as he could.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we can all agree his intention was to climb the pole, that is beyond dispute.

Was it foreseeable that by climbing the post it would shake?

I think if most people were told to go and shake that post they would go up to it, grab it with both hands and shake away, or they might bump or "hip and shoulder it".

Do you think anyone would start climbing up the pole?

He didn't just jump onto the pole he was trying to get as high as he could.
Somebody’s intention could be to jump high on the mark, but if he unintentionally jumps over the mark, it’s still a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back