Heritage Bank Stadium (Carrara)

Remove this Banner Ad

shame they didn't keep the extra big screens - they did prevent a few hundred seats from being sold but in the current world of gold coast crowds, at least 1 of these at the right side of photo would have been appreciated
It would be handy for people sitting/standing on the "hill" even if a it's a little small.

They weren't just a little small, they were tiny, and very poor quality. Stats and athlete information were barely readable on them.
Ah, well in that case maybe not. Although I can't see them staying being much of a loss, seeing the crowds that the Suns get. They must have been rented for the Comm Games.

Ah, well in that case maybe not. Although I can't see them staying being much of a loss, seeing the crowds that the Suns get. They must have been rented for the Comm Games.

Without a doubt they were. Every venue had the same type of screens - though given every other venue was smaller, the information was easier to read at other venues than the ones at Metricon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to Metricon Stadium on the weekend for the first time since 2009.

Intersting to see it since it was redeveloped. Sadly, the Suns struggle to pull a crowd and with less than 10,000 there it was lifeless.

Any plans to finish developing the quarter or so of the ground which isn't developed?

I went to Metricon Stadium on the weekend for the first time since 2009.

Intersting to see it since it was redeveloped. Sadly, the Suns struggle to pull a crowd and with less than 10,000 there it was lifeless.

Any plans to finish developing the quarter or so of the ground which isn't developed?
it logistically cant be done because how close it is to the river.

What’s the best way to get to the stadium.
I fly into Brisbane on the Thursday before the crows game (to see my uncle going into surgery on Wednesday - my parents go up Monday)
Then on Saturday we’ll head down to the Gold Coast for the game at night.
But as I have an early flight on Sunday we’re staying at coolongata.

Taking into account we’re coming from Brisbane and staying at the airport. What’s the best way to get to the game?
Looking at the stadium precinct map I see there’s a car park in the north west next to the academy as we’ll as one south on the other side of the road.

Is it an issue getting in and out of it?

Or is bus the most convenient.

Also. I love how they show the cross section of the stands vs the mcg and marvel stadium on the website. Back row of the grand stand is a similar position to the 2nd/3rd level of the gss :eek: $35? Why yes please

What’s the best way to get to the stadium.
I fly into Brisbane on the Thursday before the crows game (to see my uncle going into surgery on Wednesday - my parents go up Monday)
Then on Saturday we’ll head down to the Gold Coast for the game at night.
But as I have an early flight on Sunday we’re staying at coolongata.

Taking into account we’re coming from Brisbane and staying at the airport. What’s the best way to get to the game?
Looking at the stadium precinct map I see there’s a car park in the north west next to the academy as we’ll as one south on the other side of the road.

Is it an issue getting in and out of it?

Or is bus the most convenient.

Also. I love how they show the cross section of the stands vs the mcg and marvel stadium on the website. Back row of the grand stand is a similar position to the 2nd/3rd level of the gss :eek: $35? Why yes please
Train to Nerang station where there will be a shuttle bus to Carrara Oval

After the game catch a shuttle bus to Broadbeach South then catch a connecting 700 Coolangatta

Have had 4 over 20k and another 11 over 17k.
They need to increase the GA areas in my view. Most of empty ones you see on tv are like $35-$65 seats
Yeah I don’t get this. Went to buy GA tickets for the Crows game but could only get one not two. However despite every game looking empty, I don’t understand how GA sells out?

Yeah I don’t get this. Went to buy GA tickets for the Crows game but could only get one not two. However despite every game looking empty, I don’t understand how GA sells out?

Been like this since day 1. When a few mates and I went to the Gold Coast v Adelaide game in 2011, GA was sold out weeks in advance, so we had to get reserved seats. Then another mate wanted to tag along on the day, and a supervisor at the ticket box had to authorise GA sales.

The GA area was not full that day.

Been like this since day 1. When a few mates and I went to the Gold Coast v Adelaide game in 2011, GA was sold out weeks in advance, so we had to get reserved seats. Then another mate wanted to tag along on the day, and a supervisor at the ticket box had to authorise GA sales.

The GA area was not full that day.

All stadium seem to be doing s**t like this now to try and force people to buy reserved seats. But people's game....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back