• 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry mate shithouse at posting vision. But I picked it up on the replay. I’ll say this. It was a fair bake and not something I’ve seen before under this regime. Caddy clearly had not done something he was supposed to

Tim Livingstone. Head of Coaching Development. Played a handful of games for the tiges in the early 90s

Cheers mate and to the others who replied. I can remember the name.

Googling him Im not sure why i thought it was Cresswell watching on big screen in a pub.

Maybe years on a computer are doing my eyes in.

Cheers mate and to the others who replied. I can remember the name.

Googling him Im not sure why i thought it was Cresswell watching on big screen in a pub.

Maybe years on a computer are doing my eyes in.

Not at all mate I didn’t know who he was until I read Konrad Marshall’s book

Loved the game, it was everything that was missing from the week before against the Doggies. The kids continue to impress me more each week, & a few of the senior players stood up. There were a few signs to Dusty getting a little bit of his mojo back. Lynch stuck it up Lloyd for his stupid comments. Impressed with Garthwaite stepping up in the backline on top of Astbury coming back, it makes us look better. Especially with Vlaustin due back this week. Last of all Menadue probably played his best game for us. Here's hoping we bring the same pressure against the Hawks & we could win this week as well.

Injuries or no injuries, I’m loving the young kids coming up and given a chance to play senior footy, it’s like something new every week. Had we bled the kids in late last year when our players were either carrying injuries or bad form then we probably would’ve gone all the way. I know that’s a big call but nothing beats freshness and spirit that new players inject into a team- that was my argument last year that we were too scared to give players a rest. Hope we learnt a lesson and go all the way this year.

Loved the game, it was everything that was missing from the week before against the Doggies. The kids continue to impress me more each week, & a few of the senior players stood up. There were a few signs to Dusty getting a little bit of his mojo back. Lynch stuck it up Lloyd for his stupid comments. Impressed with Garthwaite stepping up in the backline on top of Astbury coming back, it makes us look better. Especially with Vlaustin due back this week. Last of all Menadue probably played his best game for us. Here's hoping we bring the same pressure against the Hawks & we could win this week as well.
I appreciate your comments and love your optimism but I fear the loss of Nankervis will be critical against the Hawks.
McEvoy is in stellar form and was a major factor in the Hawks win against GWS.
With your reserve ruckman already sidelined I fear Nank was the one player who you couldn't afford to lose and who you can't replace.
Fingers crossed, would love to see you beat the Hawks but I fear that Clarkson will be able to exploit the shortfalls in your current injury ravaged lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate your comments and love your optimism but I fear the loss of Nankervis will be critical against the Hawks.
With your reserve ruckman already sidelined I fear Nank was the one player who you couldn't afford to lose and who you can't replace.
Fingers crossed, would love to see you beat the Hawks but I fear that Clarkson will be able to exploit the shortfalls in your current injury ravaged lineup.

Huh? Our back up ruck is fit and has been playing vfl, what are you on about?

You cant outcoach effort, our lineup will bring the heat all game long.

McIvoy has given us problems even with nank in the line up, yet we have still pounded them at every opportunity.

Thanks for your "concern" though, im sure you would "love to see us beat hawthorn" lmaooooo

I hope you're not implying our reserve ruckman is Grigg? Surely not!!

Given the pies have not experienced injuries I’m not sure you can really provide much of a first person observation on how a top side deals with them

Huh? Our back up ruck is fit and has been playing vfl, what are you on about?

You cant outcoach effort, our lineup will bring the heat all game long.

McIvoy has given us problems even with nank in the line up, yet we have still pounded them at every opportunity.

Thanks for your "concern" though, im sure you would "love to see us beat hawthorn" lmaooooo
You place a lot of faith and reliance on Soldo who has only played what 8 games(?).
Loss of Grigg who was used to help out Nank (and Riewoldt) leaves the cupboard a bit bare.
Soldo has been playing well in VFL but against McEvoy?

You place a lot of faith and reliance on Soldo who has only played what 8 games(?).
Loss of Grigg who was used to help out Nank (and Riewoldt) leaves the cupboard a bit bare.

So whos the back up ruck that is injured? Please tell me you wernt talking about grigg.

We have soldo and balta, more than enough.

Given the pies have not experienced injuries I’m not sure you can really provide much of a first person observation on how a top side deals with them
Sorry, not trying to cause trouble. Just genuinely trying to have a meaningful discussion about footy.
If you want to get snarky I'll happily leave. Ridiculous comment given what happened to us last season.
I have been watching with interest how Richmond have fared under similar circumstances and was impressed with you win against Freo. Under the circumstances I believe it was the best performance frrom a Tigers side in over a year. Especially after the woeful performance the week before.

Nank is your most important player, his effort and competetiveness are crucial, it allows your team to not have to play two ruckmen in your side when he has Grigg and Riewoldt able to assist.
I was wondering whether or not with your most experienced ruck out it would mean you would have to have Soldo and Balta in your team to share the ruckwork or whether this would unbalance you team. I just fear an inexperienced ruck having to ruck all day against McEvoy and Ceglar. Wouldn't have been such a great concern if Grigg (and or Riewoldt) was available to help out and give him a rest.

Good luck next week.
Forgive the intrusion - don't want to enter back into the petty "Pies didn't have injuries"or "honorable loss" baiting of last year.

Last edited:
I reckon Soldo would match up well with McVoy. McVoy hardly the most nimble running ruck. We've got Hawks, Bombers, Norph, Geelong in the next month.
Think he would go well against McVoy, Bellchambers. Ok against Goldstein and struggle against Stanley.
Although Soldo/Balta combination against Stanley could get the job done.

There's this guy called Sydney Stack who has only played 5 games. Inexperience hasn't stopped him. Not sure why that's a reason to write off Soldo. Was pretty handy the last time he played against Hawthron.

Just re-watched the game.
To those calling for Broad to be dropped- just relax a little.
He was battered and smashed when asked to ruck but presented time and time again and covered heaps of ground.
Dimma would have loved his game.

Soldo will do fine against big boy ,, Ivan has been
Waiting with baited breath to get a crack at number 1 ruck
Now he has that opportunity he will not let us down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back