Movie Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
What’s the production name?
According to Fantha Tracks, Disney has registered a production company that's expected to work on the first film of Rian Johnson's trilogy by the name of E&E Industries (UK) Limited. While it isn't a working title per se, Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi was registered under the company Space Bear Industries (UK) Limited, with the working title of "Space Bear." This doesn't mean that filming is close to commencing, but it indicates Lucasfilm is ready to employ staff under the banner of E&E Industries.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Haha, this rumour keeps coming up every couple of months. Wish fulfilment, I imagine. Last time RJ addressed it, only a couple of weeks ago, he said he was still working on it.

And didn’t Iger explicitly rule out Star Wars films debuting on the streaming site? Let alone a trilogy.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Am unaware of that. Not to disbelieve you, but got a link for that?
I’m on my phone and not finding it easy to link but during the streaming site announcement he said movies cost at least $100m and they aren’t looking to make projects of that scale on Disney+. Google ‘Iger Star Wars not debut streaming’ or similar and you’ll find it.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m on my phone and not finding it easy to link but during the streaming site announcement he said movies cost at least $100m and they aren’t looking to make projects of that scale on Disney+. Google ‘Iger Star Wars not debut streaming’ or similar and you’ll find it.
Found it. Thanks.
All I can say counter to that is PERHAPS Disney changes their mind on this when Iger steps down soon. He's doing that.

But...if not, then RJ's trilogy would not be in their plans till around 2028/2030...if GoT trilogy starts in 2022, a movie every 2 years. RJ wont get a crack till 2028.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Lucasfilm, ad always, is playing its cards close to its chest. At this point we don’t know if the three movies announced are all one trilogy or a mix of both trilogies. And we don’t know if it’s the only films being released or just the ones locked in. I’d be disappointed with a three-year wait, followed by movies only every two years (I do wonder if those that raged against TLJ are happy with this result).

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lucasfilm, ad always, is playing its cards close to its chest. At this point we don’t know if the three movies announced are all one trilogy or a mix of both trilogies. And we don’t know if it’s the only films being released or just the ones locked in. I’d be disappointed with a three-year wait, followed by movies only every two years (I do wonder if those that raged against TLJ are happy with this result).
I kinda trust Campea + sources here. Sometimes the smoke=fire is right tho no official word yet.
As one video I posted said....Disney realized they errec Marveling SW. It's so obvious in TLJ+Solo releases. The dice, Maul, and such. Trying to create this run-on of characters and elements teased in one film to appear in the next etc.
TLJ+Solo sucked hard. So I am glad for this. SW should be quality over quantity.
The Mandalorian is a very strong step in the right direction.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
The RJ cancellation rumours are an absolute tease. Hope they're true. Can't see myself ever watching a movie he's ever involved with again.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The RJ cancellation rumours are an absolute tease. Hope they're true. Can't see myself ever watching a movie he's ever involved with again.
yeah i used to be a fan of his looper, not so much his more indy work, but after TLJ and his post TLJ antics and interviews, hes not someone i want to follow his career.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
I mainly try to separate people from their work. I find that's the best way to enjoy art without having to worry about the individuals responsible.

Truth is truth, no matter how horrid the person who gives it to you may be.

But yeah. With Rian it's hard because he spends every waking hour baiting and mocking the general public. Can't stand him.

So it seems I loathe both his art AND his private behaviour.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I mainly try to separate people from their work. I find that's the best way to enjoy art without having to worry about the individuals responsible.

Truth is truth, no matter how horrid the person who gives it to you may be.

But yeah. With Rian it's hard because he spends every waking hour baiting and mocking the general public. Can't stand him.

So it seems I loathe both his art AND his private behaviour.
I’m not on Twitter but from what I’ve seen on the news sites, every couple of months or so he’ll respond to a comment on Twitter, sometimes mockingly. Hardly every waking moment. But given the trolling he gets (and just how much some people misrepresent the movie), I don’t really blame him.

That said, all that nonsense is just noise, I prefer to watch the movies and ignore everything else.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
yeah i used to be a fan of his looper, not so much his more indy work, but after TLJ and his post TLJ antics and interviews, hes not someone i want to follow his career.

Looper is still a very good movie. Been a while since I’ve seen it but enjoyed the concept for what it was. The disappointment of TLJ shouldn’t erode Looper or any prior work on Breaking Bad etc.

It just makes you more cautious of future projects.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

I think Mel Gibson post 'sugar ****' has done some of his strongest work of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back