Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just about at the pount of saying Just faaarken wear it and hang the consequences. What are they going to do stop us running out on the ground?. Stop the game?

Yeah I know they control us and we owe them money and it is not that easy but I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees and all that s**t.

Give me something Ports!

I can't think of anything that would make me more angry than us wearing the blue and white hoops at this point.

The club itself, actively carpet bombing its right to wear it's most famous guernsey. Throwing this in the face of it's members.

This, unless released after an announcement that we'll be wearing the PBs on a regular basis, would be enough to stop me going to the footy while the current regime is still in place.

I'm absolutely filthy at the thought of this. This isn't just ineptitude, this is an active teabagging of supporters. This is a declaration of war.

Makes you think they are actively trying to lose members and undermine the club.

95+% want one captain, na co captains cos "winning games and premierships" How's that looking ?
Members want Hinkley gone, will probably be here next year.
Another year of missed finals and our best players another year older.
Possible fan favourites retiring.
And with all the build up of "we will be wearing the Prison Bars" we will be wearing a baby blue striped jumper. Seriously ? * OFF !!!.

The $1Mil loss from membership revenue is nothing compared to what they should be expecting next year.

I know the club wants to deal wth matters behind boardroom doors but honestly wouldn't it be a really strong show of support if all remaining past players and officials put something public together to show the AFL a stronger stance? It shouldn't just be supporters signing a facebook page and a couple of club officials trying to 'plead' with Eddie.

Hold a press conference at the MCG outling our case and calling for support from the media, opposition clubs/fans and the AFL. Our case is irresistible, we just need it to be heard.

I am just about at the pount of saying Just faaarken wear it and hang the consequences. What are they going to do stop us running out on the ground?. Stop the game?

Yeah I know they control us and we owe them money and it is not that easy but I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees and all that ****.

Give me something Ports!

I've often wondered what the AFL would do if we just wore it … of course it would vey juvenile of us to do this but the thought of it amuses me. I'd say that they would rip us out of the China game and stuff up our fixture, or if not they'd fine us and fine us and fine us but this would eventually mean less dollars to us and so increasing our debt which is then the problem of AFL house. It is good to dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've often wondered what the AFL would do if we just wore it … of course it would vey juvenile of us to do this but the thought of it amuses me. I'd say that they would rip us out of the China game and stuff up our fixture, or if not they'd fine us and fine us and fine us but this would eventually mean less dollars to us and so increasing our debt which is then the problem of AFL house. It is good to dream.
We'd be fined every single game.

Finally they've actually said something instead of letting rumours run rampant around this issue

They haven't actually said anything other than 'calm down, don't get spooked'.

My money is on us wearing the hoops next year.

They haven't actually said anything other than 'calm down, don't get spooked'.

My money is on us wearing the hoops next year.
If it comes without an announcement that we're wearing the bars on a regular basis, I'm taking a break until a regime change. We've taken enough s**t from these frauds.

A Book for Kids

THE CIRCUS
by C.J. Dennis

Hey, there! Hoop-la! The circus is in town!
Have you seen the elephant? Have you seen the clown?
Have you seen the dappled horse gallop round the ring?
Have you seen the acrobats on the dizzy swing?
Have you seen the tumbling men tumble up and down?
Hoop-la! Hoop-la! The circus is in town!

Hey, there! Hoop-la! Here's the circus troupe!
Here's the educated dog jumping through the hoop.
See the lady Blondin with the parasol and fan,
The lad upon the ladder and the India-rubber man.
See the joyful juggler and the boy who loops the loop.
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Here's the circus troupe!

A Book for Kids

THE CIRCUS
by C.J. Dennis

Hey, there! Hoop-la! The circus is in town!
Have you seen the elephant? Have you seen the clown?
Have you seen the dappled horse gallop round the ring?
Have you seen the acrobats on the dizzy swing?
Have you seen the tumbling men tumble up and down?
Hoop-la! Hoop-la! The circus is in town!

Hey, there! Hoop-la! Here's the circus troupe!
Here's the educated dog jumping through the hoop.
See the lady Blondin with the parasol and fan,
The lad upon the ladder and the India-rubber man.
See the joyful juggler and the boy who loops the loop.
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Here's the circus troupe!

Lol full marks for creativity. Unsure if Kochie is the elephant or the clown here.

Surely our debt has improved dramatically since 2011? How are we even still in debt if we get 60k members every year and average 37-45k home crowds?

Well I never look at these things to be honest but Koch at the last AGM made mention of some debt number when an accountant in the crowd had been questioning. It sounded like Koch was agreeing that we're in debt. REH may know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back