List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seriously what's wrong with naming the player? You're not gonna get done for slander nor will anyone hold it against you if the player ends up staying...

Speak for yourself, he'd better be right or there'll be a lynching.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seriously what's wrong with naming the player? You're not gonna get done for slander nor will anyone hold it against you if the player ends up staying...
I noticed he mention Nathan Freeman as someone we had met for potential mid season draft but yet his name wasn't on the list of players clubs had requested for medical checks?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
didn't someone on here say we were having a look at Frank Anderson last year? I see his name is on the list.

Isn't that the guy we determined was actually an octogenarian and would be taking the field in suspenders and high pants if we drafted him?

Bessa

Cancelled
Feb 26, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Whos this Sam Lowson fella? Cant read the article but headline reckons small forward from Coburg Blues and Roos desperate to get him in mid season draft. Now i dont know how he plays but a small forward and we arent mentioned in headline seeing as we have pick 1 right now and have no small forwards.. hows it work? Can teams trade up in mid season draft by trading picks in normal draft?

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Let's go for Bior Malual, he is very slight but runs all day, we need someone on the wing that can spread and push back defensively.

Plus he can kick goals and has a little flair about him.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

If we happen to draft him, hopefully someone meets him at the front gate with a fully charged set of clippers.

Edit: And a rake.

Last edited:

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Ben Kelly, 200cm defender who takes good intercept marks and runs a sub 3 sec 20m.

Throw Oscar in the bin and put this guy in the backline with crazy frosty, 2 big men running out of defence like half backers.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
When do we need to have our long term injury list in for mid season draft? Cause we could have 4 or 5 picks in it if AVB, Jetta and Smith go on LTI list

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was it? I reckon in the 80s players changed clubs mid season even within the VFL but I don't remember a mid season draft as such
Early 90s im pretty sure was last 1 not that id remember but pretty sure thats what i read other day. Coulda bee 80s

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sure one of the old pricks will fill us in
Hey!!!! none of that

I'm old and am drinking with pricks so will have a go. The consensus is that mid season moves were pre-AFL, so 80s. Didn't involve a draft. Just that the rules (or absence of rules preventing this) meant that clubs could agree to moving a player mid season.

Back