Geelong - never going out of premiership contention?

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a winning or 50 per cent record at almost every venue we’ve played since 2011 genius.
We are 3/5 at Subi - 2 losses were less than a kick, and I think we can safely say that if the return games were at docklands or the McG rather than KP, we’d have a winning record over both WCE and Fremantle.
We are square at Adelaide oval and the SCG and well in front at the Gabba. We are well in front at the MCG and Docklands.

So essentially what you’re argument amounts to is ‘if you had to play your home games interstate you’d struggle.’

Genius.

No - my argument is your final record proves that HGA record inflates your true prospects of winning every year by allowing you an easy path to finals.

No - my argument is your final record proves that HGA record inflates your true prospects of winning every year by allowing you an easy path to finals.
Already trounced your mob at the mighty MCG though. Imagine how good Collingwood would be if they played all their home games interstate? That's basically what you're arguing right?

Already trounced your mob at the mighty MCG though. Imagine how good Collingwood would be if they played all their home games interstate? That's basically what you're arguing right?

I refer you to the Geel board after recent finals series to see how your supporters’ meltdowns side with my POV.

The teams we play at KP are either interstate - so we would probably beat them at MCG or Docklands anyway, or the likes of St Kilda, Bulldogs, North, Carlton, and on one occasion Richmond, who have generally been hammered by us wherever the f*** we play them.

Your point is quite literally pointless.

The teams we play at KP are either interstate - so we would probably beat them at MCG or Docklands anyway, or the likes of St Kilda, Bulldogs, North, Carlton, and on one occasion Richmond, who have generally been hammered by us wherever the f*** we play them.

Your point is quite literally pointless.

If you continually miss my point it’s not surprising.

If you continually miss my point it’s not surprising.

Your inference:

We make the finals and finish high because we play our home games - not all of them mind you - in our home city.
The results in the finals show that it’s just a case of our record being buffeted because of KP.

Factual evidence:
We win more games than we lose basically everywhere, and the teams we play at KP, we would beat more often than not, anywhere in Victoria.

At no stage have you constructed anything approaching a coherent argument.

Rag on our perpetual inability to perform in finals all you want - god knows there’s plenty of evidence - but don’t tie it to some stupid theory that has about as much credibility as Lance Armstrong at a fair play lecture.

Your inference:

We make the finals and finish high because we play our home games - not all of them mind you - in our home city.
The results in the finals show that it’s just a case of our record being buffeted because of KP.

Factual evidence:
We win more games than we lose basically everywhere, and the teams we play at KP, we would beat more often than not, anywhere in Victoria.

At no stage have you constructed anything approaching a coherent argument.

Rag on our perpetual inability to perform in finals all you want - god knows there’s plenty of evidence - but don’t tie it to some stupid theory that has about as much credibility as Lance Armstrong at a fair play lecture.

Great - now disprove my theory with an alternate explanation for abysmal finals performance.

Great - now disprove my theory with an alternate explanation for abysmal finals performance.

We have had a team that relies on too few players to do too much and in finals, you are invariably up against strong opposition so if those players get nullified we struggle.
Additionally in our last 4 finals defeats, we have basically been defeated in one quarter. The first against Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney, and the last against Richmond. Each of them fired early and we couldn’t go with them.

God that took some hard research.

We have had a team that relies on too few players to do too much and in finals, you are invariably up against strong opposition so if those players get nullified we struggle.
Additionally in our last 4 finals defeats, we have basically been defeated in one quarter. The first against Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney, and the last against Richmond. Each of them fired early and we couldn’t go with them.

God that took some hard research.

But - your narrow ground has allowed you to develop a winning home game plan that is vulnerable on wider grounds like the G.
So again my point remains re HGA.

As to your theory on 4 games, it does not completely explain a very very poor win rate in finals since 2011.

Like I said reading your board after finals exits is instructive.

But - your narrow ground has allowed you to develop a winning home game plan that is vulnerable on wider grounds like the G.
So again my point remains re HGA.

As to your theory on 4 games, it does not completely explain a very very poor win rate in finals since 2011.

Like I said reading your board after finals exits is instructive.

So why do we continually defeat Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond, and Melbourne at the MCG

F***en hell mate use some f***ing logic

5 of our last 8 against collingwood
6 in a row against Essendon before losing the last 2
10 out of 17 against Hawthorn IN A PERIOD THAT INCLUDES THEM WINNING 3 FLAGS IN A ROW

3 from 3 in Melbourne against the Dees before last year’s finals loss

Prior to their current little run of dominance that has seen them win 3 in a row (one of which was after we missed a kick to win the game) we had beaten Richmond 5 times in a row in Melbourne.

So please, tell me again how we continually get exposed every time we play on the bigger grounds like the MCG and Docklands when we play in Melbourne because I’m just f***ing dying to hear it.

So why do we continually defeat Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond, and Melbourne at the MCG

10 out of 17 against Hawthorn IN A PERIOD THAT INCLUDES THEM WINNING 3 FLAGS IN A ROW

Prior to their current little run of dominance that has seen them win 3 in a row (one of which was after we missed a kick to win the game) we had beaten Richmond 5 times in a row in Melbourne.

So please, tell me again how we continually get exposed every time we play on the bigger grounds like the MCG and Docklands when we play in Melbourne because I’m just f***ing dying to hear it.

Mate - I’m happy with my position which incidentally commentators and your own supporter endorse.
Your abysmal recent finals record proves that your HGA and HG game plan has flattered you as a potential threat in September since 2011.

So if you’re not prepared to concede this as the explanation, then maybe you are happier with the “choking” tag in finals.

Enough said - have a good week end.

Mate - I’m happy with my position which incidentally commentators and your own supporter endorse.
Your abysmal recent finals record proves that your HGA and HG game plan has flattered you as a potential threat in September since 2011.

So if you’re not prepared to concede this as the explanation, then maybe you are happier with the “choking” tag in finals.

EFA - I read it on Bigfooty and have adopted it as my own opinion.

I am happier with the choker tag because it encapsulates exactly, and correctly, why we have struggled. We have not turned up in finals, other teams have.

There is literally no metric you can possibly use to justify your view.

If there was, you would have used it rather than just saying ‘because I and a few other internet users said so.’

The funniest part about all of this is the fact that the non-KP ground we have the worst record at, is Subiaco. Which most closely resembles the dimensions of KP.
But again, as someone who literally has ignored every statistical barometer within this discussion, you wouldn’t pay much credence to such a fact would you.

I would assume a Collingwood supporter of all people would understand that a team can find a way to play below its best in the big moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better men than you have tried to argue with stupid and failed. Time to walk away.

The day the AFL becomes like those big European soccer leagues with a few clubs always winning will be the day i stop following

Yep one game in the 40 odd finals. Every other team gets equal amount of home and away finals. We get one in 40.

People ignore that melbourne games are not neutral games for us. They are away games. Maybe not to the extent of interstate games but they are still clear away games where we are disadvantaged. We are massively disadvantaged by the crowds which impacts momentum and umpire bias. Stats conclusively back these points up. A 1.5 hour one way drive for players hours before a game is also going to impact you more then a 15 min drive which would be the average for most melbourne team players who all live inner city. We play 14 games a year at this disadvantage.

The Geelong v Richmond 2017 final says hi

You do realize you are calling your own supporters dumb.

I think you’re trying to defend the indefensible in respect of this argument- it’s hard enough to get consensus on BF, so when you’re own supporters back a POV then I think that speaks volume.
Nope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back