Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
Actually it's not because it's worded as intentionally shake. So they have to interpret whether it was intentional and whether it was a shake.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
You don't think that the word "intentional" is in the rule to prevent a player who accidentally runs into a post during play being penalised?

Plenty of players have run into goalposts over the years, and in doing so unintentionally shaken the post.

Climbing the post like Rampe did is a deliberate act, and in doing so, he shook the post.

I was hoping like hell for a Swans win, but that should have been an Essendon free on the goal line.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
It really isn't. Replace wombling with head, and the swear filter grabs it. So it most definitely isn't child friendly.

It was in reference to the award we give out on the Crowcast. Well the one I give out that is the Cockwombling Numbnut of the Week award. Rampe was the winner for this week. A silly fellow is an old english insult. It's like Numbnut, which is why we have the two together for the award.

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
Who was the Hawthorn player who climbed the post in a final to show the umpire the scuff mark where the ball hit it?

Was Hawks vs Ess from memory. Or maybe Richmond. Around 2001

What about this one? Matthews had eyes for the ball which was kicked out on the full. Free kick Hawthorn. There's no doubt that Matthews "unintentionally" shook the post!!

Look I didn't write the rules, but believe that this is why the rule requires intent. As without "intent" the free would be reversed and it would have been a free kick against Matthews.

Players shouldn't be penalised for running into the post accidentally.

They should be penalised for climbing a goalpost. Interpreted literally, the requirement to establish intent could only be done by knowing what Rampe was thinking at the time. Good luck with that, most of us are scratching our heads about this several days later, it would be impossible for any umpire to determine that at the time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I think we can all agree his intention was to climb the pole, that is beyond dispute.

Was it foreseeable that by climbing the post it would shake?

I think if most people were told to go and shake that post they would go up to it, grab it with both hands and shake away, or they might bump or "hip and shoulder it".

Do you think anyone would start climbing up the pole?

He didn't just jump onto the pole he was trying to get as high as he could.
Has anyone else noticed the amount of players that have intentionally bumped into the post as the ball goes through?

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
So elbowing in the head is all good now.
I’ll suggest it to the Auskick coach next term. In fact I’ll give it a crack when us parents square up against those nippy 8-11 year olds

So elbowing in the head is all good now.
I’ll suggest it to the Auskick coach next term. In fact I’ll give it a crack when us parents square up against those nippy 8-11 year olds

Get the kids to climb the goal posts also and that they can do this as the umpire will only tell them to get down, no penalty or free involved.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05...son-bar-jumper-for-150th-anniversary-russell/

Port want to wear blue and white horizontal hoops next year. They've given up wanting to be collingwood and now want to be Geelong.
The one they wore in 2005? (https://www.footyjumpers.com/portheritage.htm)

Port-Adelaide-Heritage-2005.gif

PS - they have something wrong on that site, the Pear jumper history only goes back to 1997? (https://www.footyjumpers.com/porthome.htm)

Hopefully they are allowed to wear that all year.

Power have been in the competition since 1997, we need to accept and respect this so they should be honoring their original jumper in fairness.

I dont understand how the Power think they are 150 years old.

Port-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back