Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have come to the conclusion that Gerard Whately is comparable to dick cheese.

He is the dick cheese of the media.

A certified empathy mining crustacean.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watching 360 and the other Scott dickhead keeps bringing up bumper barring.

The AFL should be stamping out this s**t. It’s shepherding off the ball. It’s designed to stop a player from getting to the next contest and is against the rules of the game.

Do your ******* job AFL and start policing it by paying the free kicks.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS

Not sure if this has been posted before but this is brilliant. The full sunday footy show after our 1999 flag. Denis in the post match presser talking about how there are people high up within the AFL that don't want north to succeed certainly was proven to be correct. Love how they talk about how dilapidated Arden St is, but that it didn't matter because we get our football right. Pretty much the exact opposite these days

Did the AFL try to bring in a pre-game scarf dance thing? It's at 1.15-1.20 of this vid. Am I imagining this?

Campbell Brown is probably the only honest pundit out there. Ponder that.
Couldn’t stand him until I did an event recently and he was the guest speaker. Very surprised at his knowledge and how easy he was to interview. Impressive bloke who calls a spade a spade. Very generous with his time at this event too which is not always the case with sporting folk.

Couldn’t stand him until I did an event recently and he was the guest speaker. Very surprised at his knowledge and how easy he was to interview. Impressive bloke who calls a spade a spade. Very generous with his time at this event too which is not always the case with sporting folk.

Yep. Strikes me as a good bloke.

Campbell Brown was commentating on MMM in ‘The Final’ against the Dons where we were down at half time and came back. I was listening to it while watching the game.

Totally wrote us off and bagged us out a fair bit at half time. I’d love it if someone had that audio.

Another small contributing factor to what made that 2nd half comeback so good. One of my favourites.

Never liked him since then... Heard other non-positive things - but you never know really do ya?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Campbell Brown was commentating on MMM in ‘The Final’ against the Dons where we were down at half time and came back. I was listening to it while watching the game.

Totally wrote us off and bagged us out a fair bit at half time. I’d love it if someone had that audio.

Another small contributing factor to what made that 2nd half comeback so good. One of my favourites.

Never liked him since then... Heard other non-positive things - but you never know really do ya?

He was probably just frustrated at * almost winning it.

Dastardly

Debutant
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did the AFL try to bring in a pre-game scarf dance thing? It's at 1.15-1.20 of this vid. Am I imagining this?
Mike Brady tried a new song in the pre-game entertainment as well as an updated "Up There Cazaly" with a young Australian Idol-esque lass (predating the show obviously).
Can't remember all of the gestures but it was meant to be a Music Man type effort where some of the lyrics were "Do The Sheedy" (Crowd encouraged to wave scarf around head) and "Do The Dipper" (crowd encouraged to hold scarf over mouth like a mustache). Not quite on a par with his other efforts as you can imagine.
Sticks in my memory as I was working at the game that day. And also because the store I worked at through the week had to send back to the record company a massive amount of the CD singles which never sold.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Mike Brady tried a new song in the pre-game entertainment as well as an updated "Up There Cazaly" with a young Australian Idol-esque lass (predating the show obviously).
Can't remember all of the gestures but it was meant to be a Music Man type effort where some of the lyrics were "Do The Sheedy" (Crowd encouraged to wave scarf around head) and "Do The Dipper" (crowd encouraged to hold scarf over mouth like a mustache). Not quite on a par with his other efforts as you can imagine.
Sticks in my memory as I was working at the game that day. And also because the store I worked at through the week had to send back to the record company a massive amount of the CD singles which never sold.

Fwiw it got a bit of traction in crowds for a little while when performed it.

I remember the girl you're speaking of, she looked destined for Postcards/Getaway grade stardom but fell off the face of the earth.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Name just came to me - Haley White!!

1557810863807.png

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Don't forget the Ten Tenors!

1999.JPG

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Had completely forgotten about that. Which was fine. God, that was tragic.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

Campbell Brown is a bigger tool than his Dad which means he's eligible to be in the Guinness Book of Records

Can someone post the write up from the Hun regarding the midseason draft and who each club is/should target? Paywall!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
NORTH MELBOURNE
With Ed Vickers-Willis gone for the year with an ACL, the Roos have an empty seat at the table at Arden Street.

WHAT THEY’VE LOST: With Majak Daw still working his way back and Jarrad Waite retired, do the Roos go big?

WHO THEY TARGET: Former Pie Corey Gault, a 199cm ruck-forward, has had some eye-catching games for Swan Districts in the WAFL this season. Then again, former VFL goal machine Nick Larkey has played the last two games and Mason Wood is back up and going, so perhaps — if anything — they just take the best player available. The Roos also added Tom Campbell earlier in the year.

-SAM EDMUND

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
NORTH MELBOURNE
With Ed Vickers-Willis gone for the year with an ACL, the Roos have an empty seat at the table at Arden Street.

WHAT THEY’VE LOST: With Majak Daw still working his way back and Jarrad Waite retired, do the Roos go big?

WHO THEY TARGET: Former Pie Corey Gault, a 199cm ruck-forward, has had some eye-catching games for Swan Districts in the WAFL this season. Then again, former VFL goal machine Nick Larkey has played the last two games and Mason Wood is back up and going, so perhaps — if anything — they just take the best player available. The Roos also added Tom Campbell earlier in the year.

-SAM EDMUND

Well, that was a ducking waste of print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back