Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like he enjoyed the space more.

Put Patton in the goal square, give Lewis the 50 and just beyond the arcs. Thats your new twin towers for the next 8-10 years
I can actually see that working. Patton in the goal square demands a big, strong KPD to man him which then frees Lewis up to roam and float in to take one of those soon to be signature pack marks.

I can actually see that working. Patton in the goal square demands a big, strong KPD to man him which then frees Lewis up to roam and float in to take one of those soon to be signature pack marks.

we could be going from having the leagues shortest CHF in poppy to having the league's tallest forward pocket in Connor Nash at 197cm.

Gunston to freewheel

His tank/workrate was the thing that impressed me most. I recall him taking a decent grab on the wing then clunking a big mark 15 out from goal 30 seconds later
Yep his tank has much improved from last year as has his ground level play. He is a real prospect!

Ins this week are so far are Miles, Glass, Brand, Nash and not Rough so he probably gets to go around again.
Has kicked a goal a game this year, hopefully kicks quite a few this week for the rising star nomination.... if he does I'm all in on a new avatar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright So after 6 games(including one where he got concussed)

Lewis' 3rd year stats

6 games, 6.3 kicks, 4.5 marks, 2.5 handballs, 1.17 goals, 1 behind, 1.67 tackles 1.67 inside 50s, 4.8 contested possessions, 0.5 goal assists 2 contested marks

Lynch's 3rd year stats

8 games, 7.1 kicks 5.2 marks, 5 handballs, 1 goal, 0.75 behinds, 1.63 tackles, 1.75 inside 50s, 6.6 contested possessions 2.25 contested marks, 0.88 goal assists

Interestingly enough, the main differences in stats between Mitch Lewis and Tom Lynch in their 3rd seasons, is more goals and more behinds from fewer possessions for Mitch Lewis.

These stats would probably suggest Lynch had been playing a bit further up the ground than Lewis is currently, although I have no proof of that.

Lewis is a perfect example of the club giving a bloke time to develop and when they are then starting to dominate at BHH, they are ready for an AFL call up. Expect Ross to be given a decent shot next year after another pre-season.

Comparisons to Tom Lynch or not (I take the above poster's point that Lynch's team was being routinely belted), I love this kid. I reckon he's an honest player, with a great set of hands and already a young leader at the club from what I hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back