Oppo Camp Round 8 - Other Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I didn't know at the time there was a whole lead up to it ... so that's my bad.

Seriously tho, surely at some point he could have mentioned it was pronounced differently than literally EVERYONE was pronouncing it.
He has corrected people, but he's not too fussed.

BT, on the other hand just flat out refuses to listen. https://outline.com/CbsGTU

Veteran AFL broadcaster Brian Taylor says he won't change how he pronounces Essendon forward Orazio Fantasia's surname, despite his fellow Channel Seven commentators correcting its pronunciation on Friday night.

"We don't pronounce Italian names in Australia in the full Italian way," Taylor said.

"We pronounce it with the Australianism in it, and that's how we'll continue to do it."

"In Italy, it's pronounced 'Fanta-sia'. Guess where we live? Australia. And we call it 'Fan-tay-sha'," Taylor said.

He also told BT on MMM that he didnt care how it was pronounced last year, ****** behaviour now
Yeah I know Fantasia doesn't really care that much. Heppel brought it up, not Fantasia.

But I think BT's justification for ignoring the correct pronunciation just sounds so self-centred. Not hard to say "yeah look I'm going to try and change over, but honestly after 6 years of screaming it out, I'm going to struggle to remember to change in the heat of the moment".

Yeah I know Fantasia doesn't really care that much. Heppel brought it up, not Fantasia.

But I think BT's justification for ignoring the correct pronunciation just sounds so self-centred. Not hard to say "yeah look I'm going to try and change over, but honestly after 6 years of screaming it out, I'm going to struggle to remember to change in the heat of the moment".

He said it on MMM, MMM isnt a station that takes s**t seriously. It was during a rant of his where he clipped Bruce and Basil while they were also going over JB aswell. It was basically during a joke segment.

He has corrected people, but he's not too fussed.

BT, on the other hand just flat out refuses to listen. https://outline.com/CbsGTU

Just to show the stupidity of the situation, MMM played 2 separate grabs of Orazio saying he pronounced his name one way in one grab, then another in a different grab. So he's a spineless little bitch who changes it under pressure

I dunno some article the Herald Sun published where he was called a racist and disgusting.
Explains it then. I'm pretty sure the HS staff writers are some kind of money-spin where they pay minimum and get government funding for care in the community.

Read better publications - they will say BT is a tedious goose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent isn't a SJW, he's a snowflake. There's a difference I think. It's the Canadian version.
Almost astute.

It's true all SJW's are snowflakes. But not all snowflakes are SJWs. TK is doubly blessed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back