Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Nash omitted from the BHH side on the weekend or was he injured in some way? That's quite a far fall from grace. He's got athleticism up the yingyang so I hope he learns to play the game. He'll be unmatchable with footy smarts.
had the flu

Gee their board is confident. Reckon they'll smash us with their vfl side. As **** as they've been for decades, I just can't believe how cocky their whole supporter base has been since their flag. It's unbelievable really.

hahah as if youre taking any of it seriously....

we are having a laugh because of how comical our injury list is

with our outs you should really be winning this comfortably

It's fair enough. You've got a great list and depth. It could happen. And I reckon most over there believe it.

the ones that believe we will "win easily" are delusional and think the same every week

Simply cant continue to cover Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Nankervis, Graham, Rioli, etc, etc with young guys. Especially against an experienced side with a master coach.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
the ones that believe we will "win easily" are delusional and think the same every week

Simply cant continue to cover Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Nankervis, Graham, Rioli, etc, etc with young guys. Especially against an experienced side with a master coach.
You've got enough talent and a solid game plan to win. I think the ruck hurts you. The game will come down to who reads the tapwork better at the stoppages. And if Soldo can keep up with our rucks around the ground for the whole game. Gawn did it so well the previous week, considering McEvoy has an elite tank.

Aug 3, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys I reliase I need to apologise for my actions on here the last few days

I'm really sorry I offended people with my comments that was never my intention and I'm truly remorseful for them I'm not looking for sympathy as that is not warranted in here to humbly apologise for my actions

And to anyone I upset and offended I'm greatly remorseful and if you feel there should be consequences for my actions financial or otherwise I truly honour and respect that

Once again I'm truly sorry and will close all my online accounts and seek professional help I just get to passionate about what I believe

Thanks so much for your time and I wish you all nothing but the best in the coming years

Cyril says

All Australian
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Isn’t it brilliant that Scrim has become a starting 22 lock in such a short period. To the point where his omission actually matters now.

What a brilliant low cost pick up.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Yep. Feels like will get ‘Bargain of the Year’ award, which can sit on the shelf next to the one we must have for landing Hendo. :)

Dec 27, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
IN: Wingard, Smith

OUT: Moore, Morrison

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, O'Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Impey, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Worpel

INT: Cousins, Scully, Ceglar, Burgoyne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys I reliase I need to apologise for my actions on here the last few days

I'm really sorry I offended people with my comments that was never my intention and I'm truly remorseful for them I'm not looking for sympathy as that is not warranted in here to humbly apologise for my actions

And to anyone I upset and offended I'm greatly remorseful and if you feel there should be consequences for my actions financial or otherwise I truly honour and respect that

Once again I'm truly sorry and will close all my online accounts and seek professional help I just get to passionate about what I believe

Thanks so much for your time and I wish you all nothing but the best in the coming years

May you get locked in a room with Dangerfield, Ablett, Watson, Goodes as punishment!

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I've been trying to figure out where we're at, so I've looked at our form over the past month as a guide:
  • Geelong - pushed them further than I figured we would and pretty much stayed in the game all the way to the end.
  • Carlton - beat them by one second... one second. This is Carlton. Let me pause while I let that sink in. We beat Carlton by one second. WTF?
  • Melbourne - well, Melbourne were stinkingly putrid. Yet they beat us. We really suck.
  • GWS - smashed them all over the park. A mauling of the greatest combination of top 10 draft picks known to man. Wowee.
So to sum up, I've concluded we're a competitive, bottom 4 team tanking for draft picks in a premiership year.

I hope I've clarified what you should expect from us now when we take on the tiggers.

This is funny cause it's true

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
IN: Wingard, Smith

OUT: Moore, Morrison

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, O'Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Impey, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Worpel

INT: Cousins, Scully, Ceglar, Burgoyne

Yep I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if this is what happens. I reckon young Moore will be a bit stiff not to hold his spot and fir whatever reason if Poppy needed a rest then I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Moore stay in instead.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would love to see this:
B: Stratton Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: TOB Sicily Hardwick
C: Scully O'Meara Henderson
HF: Impey Gunston Wingard
F: Breust Lewis Puopolo
R: Mcevoy Worpel Shiels
INT: Ceglar, Burgoyne, Morrison, Cousins

The best possible outcome for the weekend is chad kicking a bag and the winning goal against the tigers, wouldn't that leave all the doubters fuming.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would love to see this:

The best possible outcome for the weekend is chad kicking a bag and the winning goal against the tigers, wouldn't that leave all the doubters fuming.

Yeah, fuming because it would take one more week to prove the Burton deal was THE WORSTEST DEAL EVAH!!!!!!111!1!1!1!1!

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Would love to see this:

Would be nice if Scully was the one who hit him lace out too !!!

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
After a couple of lunchtime beers and better thought I'm starting to think maybe we go into this game with the one ruck (McEvoy). That's nothing against Ceglar but more to do with team balance. McEvoy will destroy anyone they throw in the ruck and to counter there smalls I really want to see how Moore goes stringing a couple of games together. Having the extra small out lets us go head to head with them without getting run off the park with speed / pressure being their strength. With Nankervis, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Short out and Vlastuin, Rioli coming off injuries I would back ourselves in to take this game and would hope we don't get caught out being too top heavy.

In: Smith Wingard
Out: Ceglar Morrison

B: Hardwiick Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: Stratton Sicily O'Brien
R: McEvoy Worpel Shiels
INT: Moore Burgoyne Smith Cousins

Last edited:

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
After a couple of lunchtime beers and better thought I'm starting to think maybe we go into this game with the one ruck (McEvoy). That's nothing against Ceglar but more to do with team balance. McEvoy will destroy anyone they throw in the ruck and to counter there smalls I really want to see how Moore goes stringing a couple of games together. Having the extra small out lets us go head to head with them without getting run off the park with speed / pressure being their strength. With Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Short out and Vlastuin, Rioli coming off injuries I would back ourselves in to take this game and would hope we don't get caught out being too top heavy.

In: Smith Wingard
Out: Ceglar Morrison

B: Hardwiick Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: Stratton Sicily O'Brien
R: McEvoy Worpel Shiels
INT: Moore Burgoyne Smith Cousins

I'd say unless its wet, super windy or something like that where we would definitely be disadvantaged with 2 ruckmen, Ceglar needs to play again this week. Played the best 5 minute patch of footy he has played in seriously years, can't afford to have him play box hill/sit out for a week and lose touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back