Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game of thrones is looking like going the same way (probably even more disappointing actually)
Latest episode being well received worldwide....

Annoyed me to no end it did, lazy writing

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought it was classic GoT. I suppose they could've given more to the sub plots but overall I was left pretty shocked and disgusted, which is bang on what they were going for I reckon. Bit like the Red Wedding etc.

Next week will be nuts.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought it was classic GoT. I suppose they could've given more to the sub plots but overall I was left pretty shocked and disgusted, which is bang on what they were going for I reckon. Bit like the Red Wedding etc.

Next week will be nuts.
Smells a bit like spoiler talk

Is it too much? I typed it a few times trying to be vague. I'll bin it if you think it's letting on too much.
No issue from my view here.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Next week will be nuts.
Yeah I enjoyed it as well.

I’ve been reading the Game of Thrones thread over on the Media and Entertainment board (thread moves at like 20 pages an hour) and with a show like GoT, the ending is always going to annoy people because they have had 2 years to create their own theories and will get annoyed when they don’t come to pass.

I just enjoyed the ride though. Bring on next week.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Brighton avoid relegation, manager gets sacked anyway. Don’t know what illusions of grandeur the Brighton ownership had but here we are.
Well, we kept Mark Hughes on after saving us from the drop and he would've taken us down for sure if he'd stayed all season. Really it depends on who they replace Hughton with.

Well, we kept Mark Hughes on after saving us from the drop and he would've taken us down for sure if he'd stayed all season. Really it depends on who they replace Hughton with.

I hear Ole Gunnar Soljskaear is looking for a more stable environment

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I enjoyed it as well.

I’ve been reading the Game of Thrones thread over on the Media and Entertainment board (thread moves at like 20 pages an hour) and with a show like GoT, the ending is always going to annoy people because they have had 2 years to create their own theories and will get annoyed when they don’t come to pass.

I just enjoyed the ride though. Bring on next week.
For me it's not the ending itself I have an issue with, it's the rushed and lazy writing where characters act in a completely nonsensical way just because it results in something looking cool on tv.

For me it's not the ending itself I have an issue with, it's the rushed and lazy writing where characters act in a completely nonsensical way just because it results in something looking cool on tv.
Bang on

2 main characters I’ve been quietly supporting were ruined in 5 minutes

Bang on

2 main characters I’ve been quietly supporting were ruined in 5 minutes

That’s GoT though. No happy endings

I liked the episode

Threadmark testing.
Someone let me know if this post does anything. There’s a new threadmark feature which is meant to allow you to mark certain points in a thread to jump straight to them- so for instance in a game day thread you could mark the point where the actual game starts if it’s 25 pages after the preview.

There is a proper method to do it but instead of reading that I’m just going to muck around with it in here.

I liked the episode
I’m all for no happy endings.

That wasn’t GoT

That was lazy, s**t writing. IMO

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

I liked the episode

Ahh yes, the Ned Stark effect.

Do you follow many of the recaps Biggie ? I can't quite pinpoint who you're disappointed about but I genuinely miss the little pieces of suggestive info unless I read a recap afterwards. Probably spent the first half of the show trying to throw a leg over as much as watch what was happening so I missed some critical plots and themes. I find the recaps help to fill in the blanks so I can truly appreciate the newer seasons.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Someone let me know if this post does anything. There’s a new threadmark feature which is meant to allow you to mark certain points in a thread to jump straight to them- so for instance in a game day thread you could mark the point where the actual game starts if it’s 25 pages after the preview.

There is a proper method to do it but instead of reading that I’m just going to muck around with it in here.

Works for me

Attachments

• threadmark.jpg
    threadmark.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 107
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Annoyed me to no end it did, lazy writing
I've noticed a slip in standards after the source material ran out. It also seems like there was a rush to finish everything, where before plot lines that took a full season to percolate are now being wrapped up in a neat bow. Several of these endings have been somewhat unsatisfying to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back