Player Watch #6: Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

If Grigg retires and we pick up a player in the mid season draft... how does this effect the number of players we need to turn over?... will it still be minimum 3?

I think so
Pretty sure pre season draft players are more of a loan type player
We have them until the end of the season but if we did keep them into next year it would count as a new player if that makes sense

We don't need to turnover 3, one is enough, but we are allowed to medically test three, and the player(s) picked up can renegotiate a new contract for next year

Interesting if Rance went on the long term injury list and we replaced him, and he's then ok to play finals, the Tiges have to apply to the AFL and wait for permission for him to re join the list. I'd say that's why they haven't put him on it even though it's unlikely to play this year.

Should add, the draft order is based on the ladder after r10.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two Premiership ruckmen out within days! I like Griggs, he's done really well for himself as a footballer.

We don't need to turnover 3, one is enough, but we are allowed to medically test three, and the player(s) picked up can renegotiate a new contract for next year

Interesting if Rance went on the long term injury list and we replaced him, and he's then ok to play finals, the Tiges have to apply to the AFL and wait for permission for him to re join the list. I'd say that's why they haven't put him on it even though it's unlikely to play this year.

Should add, the draft order is based on the ladder after r10.
re rance because they know the afl would knock us back lol

Legend.

Showed his club first attitude right to the end. Will definitely find a role within the club

3fd0e5aa4e948f54aa257a694aae87be.jpg

Last edited:
Great workhorse for the club. Did whatever role was needed. Always a shame when it doesn't end on their own terms but he gets to retire a premiership player which many don't. Thanks Griggs in the ruck.

I was fine with the rumours he was retiring, but now it’s official I am really sad.

Wish him all the luck in his future endeavours.

Hopefully we offer him a position as an assistant coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back