No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he was saying it all yesterday had me convinced that he was speaking from hatred rather than logic.

Wow that's really unprofessional.

This is the thing with the AFL and the industry.

When crowd numbers are up, "The state of the game is great. Look at the crowd numbers, the game is in great shape"

Crowd is down, "The fans are dropping off from [Club] due to [some other reason that's not the state of the game]". Take the credit when things are good, blame others when they're not.

Sunday with a game finishing at 6pm is not ideal and is perfect for watching on the couch. I can have dinner straight after the game ends.

Then throw in all the BS from up top with the **** umpiring and rule changes alienating long time diehard fans.

True, top that up with all this train replacement and driving long hours for our country members, don't know why it's hard for the AFL to have a well thought and balance views.

I don't totally disagree with the comment that Carey made about us playing ugly / boring football but what he has failed to mention is that it's not just us playing ugly / boring football. FWIW I don't call the way Tigers, Pies or Bulldogs pretty football at all especially when half the disposals are throws. I long for the day where we have something similar to when we had S.Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne type footy where we extract it and slice teams open by foot with laser precision kicking. We obviously don't have the players to do it that way anyone because they are either retired or about to retire but that to me is what I consider pretty football. It doesn't take a genius to see that the new 6-6-6 rule is what is causing teams to yuck it up. Clarko is playing with talent he has at his disposal and is smart enough to play the percentages to get us to win and if that means grind it out and bore the other team to death then he'll do it.

Clarko is the Michael Jordan of coaching and hates losing so much that he'd sell a dead bird to a blind kid to get a win :)

giphy.gif

What about climbing on shoulders or building a human pyramid to man the mark - is that also outlawed / a free kick? If so why?
That is a free kick.
17.12 OTHER (f) intentionally lifts a Player from the same Team to contest the football;

But more importantly in the same section did you know you can't do the following:
A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player who: (a) throws the football; (b) hands the football to another Player;

Are these new rules brought in after 2016?

That is a free kick.
17.12 OTHER (f) intentionally lifts a Player from the same Team to contest the football;

But more importantly in the same section did you know you can't do the following:
A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player who: (a) throws the football; (b) hands the football to another Player;

Are these new rules brought in after 2016?
So you can still accidentally lift a player. Keep your eye on the ball, stand with slight tilt forward so your teammate can run and jump on your back.

So the media for the second straight year are trying to figure out what is wrong with Essendon after hyping them up all pre season... Here i will give you nuffies a hand. They are a s**t club with a s**t coach and a bog average list that continually gets talked up like it is a team of superstars...

You'd think if the AFL want us out of Tasmania, they'd make sure they don't financially destroy us by fixturing terrible games. Yet because of their terrible fixturing, we are less inclined to leave Tassie because we are losing 500K-1mil just on these stupid Sunday games alone. Are they just trying to wipe us out so we can become some irrelevant side like St Kilda or Bulldogs and beg them for money every year?

AFL Media - Hawthorn were boring!

Also AFL Media - Ross Lyon and Paul Roos are such great coaches.

Dead accurate. Fremantle are horrid to watch but it doesn't stop them selling out their ground.

Who's here agree with Jaeger?
We plays to win :) .

I found the game quite enjoyable to watch, even in the first half when it was close. It was interesting just watching the strategies in play and how each coach/team was adapting to the other.

A fast paced, high scoring game, with lots of highlights is great, but I don't mind the occasional chess-like game. Especially with such a small crowd that isn't full of drunks yelling "just kick it!!" every 10 seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the media for the second straight year are trying to figure out what is wrong with Essendon after hyping them up all pre season... Here i will give you nuffies a hand. They are a **** club with a **** coach and a bog average list that continually gets talked up like it is a team of superstars...

I often ask Essendon supporters "who is Essendon's best player"

Who is it?

Who ever it is they are vanilla at best.

Dead accurate. Fremantle are horrid to watch but it doesn't stop them selling out their ground.
Well... it is Perth. Where else are the locals going to go to while away the time?

*runs for door before the WA pitchforks come for me...

Well... it is Perth. Where else are the locals going to go to while away the time?

*runs for door before the WA pitchforks come for me...

If I lived there I'd be spending my weekends with the quokkas.

The core of shiel, smith, heppell, mcgrath, merrit, danniher, francis, fantasia, hurley, stringer, hooker, redman, saad, AMT, mckenna is definitely good enough to be a finals team. Who knows if they'll pull it together but they have enough talent there to do some damage.

Partly to do with the coach.

Reckon he has NFI.

Worsfold was never known for being a great tactician. Had a great midfield back at West Coast that got them (barely) across the line.

Partly to do with the coach.

Reckon he has no idea.

Worsfold was never known for being a great tactician. Had a great midfield back at West Coast that got them (barely) across the line.

In Worsfold's defence I'd say there was a lot of 'lines' being crossed, sniffed, snorted etc etc

Wow Rampe fined 10k for telling an umpire to speak up. Who exactly is that offensive too? If the players cannot hear you call 'play on' or 'back a metre' because you are softly spoken that is an issue. What a joke. I thought it was funny.

Maybe a public message from the AFL and a warning to Rampe about respect towards umpires but 10k. Ridiculous.

Wow Rampe fined 10k for telling an umpire to speak up. Who exactly is that offensive too? If the players cannot hear you call 'play on' or 'back a metre' because you are softly spoken that is an issue. What a joke. I thought it was funny.

Maybe a public message from the AFL and a warning to Rampe about respect towards umpires but 10k. Ridiculous.

11103874-3x2-700x467.jpg

Umpires frustrate the s**t out of me - but players shouldn't be allowed to openly disrespect them like that. If coaches get fined for attacking umpires in a press conference - I have no qualms with players copping it as well. Not hard to treat the officials with a bit of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back