Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Excellent. And aren't there always pubs near train stations in Melbourne - they can build one at the Laurens St end for North supporters to talk shop in after training!

There's only one decent pub left in North anyway.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Which one's that? Might pop in for a schooie or two next time I'm in town.

The Limerick Castle.

A Blight torpedo from Arden Street, decent cheap meals, you can have a bet, and they even still run a meat raffle.

You even see a few old school scallywags in there. You can garauntee you won't find the North board drinking in there.:thumbsu:

1557809257551.png

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Limerick Castle.

A Blight torpedo from Arden Street, decent cheap meals, you can have a bet, and they even still run a meat raffle.

You even see a few old school scallywags in there. You can garauntee you won't find the North board drinking in there.:thumbsu:

View attachment 673709
3 crowns is ok during the day for a pint or 7.
Avoid at night/weekends though.
I like the Albion myself.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

It's okay, but it's not like it was when the Maltese were running the S.P. book in there. It caters more to the "new North" types.

I prefer Corey's pub in that case.

I didn't know that was still even open, so it shows you how much I get back around there these days.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Limerick Castle.

View attachment 673709
Sounds like my type of pub, found this review on google:
Old school pub, nothing fancy but always has great tasting pub food at excellent prices. Best Steak Sandwich around

Seeing as I'm fond of both cold beer and steak sanga's, I'll give it a go

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sounds like my type of pub, found this review on google:
Old school pub, nothing fancy but always has great tasting pub food at excellent prices. Best Steak Sandwich around

Seeing as I'm fond of both cold beer and steak sanga's, I'll give it a go

Definitely NOT a wine/designer beer pub.

Just mostly working class blokes enjoying a beer.:thumbsu:

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The Limerick Castle.

View attachment 673709

You've just solved the mystery of where I ended up after the North vs Hawks Arden Street game a couple of years ago.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Avoid at night/weekends though.
I actually like the Albion. When I work in the hospital district there I often stay at the Mercure. The Albion is just down the road. A schniddy for dinner and a couple of schooners of coopers sparkling ale for desert - lovely!

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
I actually like the Albion. When I work in the hospital district there I often stay at the Mercure. The Albion is just down the road. A schniddy for dinner and a couple of schooners of coopers sparkling ale for desert - lovely!
The Mercure North Melbourne. Is that the old Marco Polo?

All the good pubs are being turned into appartments and the only ones that seem to be surviving are pokie pubs
There's still a few left around north Melbourne that have already been mentioned above.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's still a few left around north Melbourne that have already been mentioned above.

I was was just speaking generally. I don’t mind the pubs mentioned so far. I think some of them are more West Melbourne, Pretty sure the 3 crowns is in West Melbourne?

There’s a few North pubs that have been turned into toffy type pubs. I noticed Carey’s old pub has been turned into one.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Not sure. It’s on the corner of Harker St and Flemington Rd. Pretty sure it was the Radisson or Rydges 10 years ago
Yes, that is the old Marco Polo . I've stayed there when my partner had appointments at RMH.

Back