Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
We're only 7 rounds into this season and there seems to be a lot of arrogance from Adelaide supporters with regards to their team.

Adelaide are averaging 79 ppg which is already 9 ppg less than last year. Interestingly that's only 4 ppg more than Carlton are averaging.

The Crows played an extremely depleted Port last week, beat Fremantle in what will be the worst game of footy for the year, overcame St Kilda who are now falling to their appropraite position, also to North Melbourne, and lost to "middle of the road" Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval.

As far as the top 7 are concerned, Adelaide, to my eye, are easily the weakest of those teams who are not playing footy worthy of 3rd position.

We're only 7 rounds into this season and there seems to be a lot of arrogance from Adelaide supporters with regards to their team.

Adelaide are averaging 79 ppg which is already 9 ppg less than last year. Interestingly that's only 4 ppg more than Carlton are averaging.

The Crows played an extremely depleted Port last week, beat Fremantle in what will be the worst game of footy for the year, overcame St Kilda who are now falling to their appropraite position, also to North Melbourne, and lost to "middle of the road" Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval.

As far as the top 7 are concerned, Adelaide, to my eye, are easily the weakest of those teams who are not playing footy worthy of 3rd position.
I'd be pretty smug too if I was 3rd spot playing s**t footy and still going to get the number one pick.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
It's a really interesting trade. If nothing more, it's a learning experience for all of us. First year of live trading and all.

My first impression is that if you're going to trade one of the picks at the pointy end of the draft, you get more bang for your buck if you do it during trade week.

Bonkers000

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Why only use our points for? Our points against last year was 85. This year so far, it’s down to 67 for a difference of 18, and 22 less than Carlton. So if that’s the way you want to calculate it we’re 26 points better than Carlton.

Not that it actually means anything.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

cool story bro..and to everyone else's eyes, carlton are playing above themselves this season and occupy the heady heights of ...18th. But they definately are the best 18th placed team in the league

We have a more defensive game plan, so you need to take into account points against too. I believe we have the least points against over the last month... & our average winning margins are above last year, hence why our percentage is higher than last year. So very selective stats from you.

We also had players missing like Port - Seedsman, Milera, Gibbs, Doedee, Jacobs & Douglas (won't count an out of form Jenkins). The difference is we have more depth than Port, which is needed to get through a long season.

The teams we have beaten recently were in the top 8 when we were playing them & in form. It's been a topsy turvy season, so it's not settled who are the top teams yet apart from the top few. I'm confident we should finish in the top 8 & reasonable chance of a top 4 finish.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

How good is this :D

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Adelaide have 5x as many wins as Carlton if you want to get really raw with stats.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I still dont understand why this cant be a good win win. Stocker plus a player like Cam Taheny for instance for the equivalent of pick 1-3 is in no way a bad result, and infact if both Taheny and Stocker live up to their potential it could work out better than one top 3 pick alone.
Carlton always looked like being a bottom two team.

Stocker and which ever player they get with Adelaides 2019 pick have to do more than live up to their potential.

You can find players not to dissimilar to Stoker later in the draft most years. Worpel is a prime example.

Having the chance to draft another Walsh or De Goey type doesn't come around very often for most clubs. If Carlton finish last, losing out on adding Matt Rowell to their midfield is massive mistake.

If Carlton projected themselves to finish now worse than 13th and the Crows to finish no better than 7th, then I can understand the trade. But then you have question the people in charge of Carlton who believed that's where they were at.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
I still dont understand why this cant be a good win win. Stocker plus a player like Cam Taheny for instance for the equivalent of pick 1-3 is in no way a bad result, and infact if both Taheny and Stocker live up to their potential it could work out better than one top 3 pick alone.
it's pretty hard to have a dick measuring competition in the middle of a pissing contest, it's just dicks and piss everywhere.

thanks for the rare moment of sanity.

CopyCat

Draftee
Apr 13, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton

Stocker and which ever player they get with Adelaides 2019 pick have to do more than live up to their potential.

You can find players not to dissimilar to Stoker later in the draft most years. Worpel is a prime example.

Having the chance to draft another Walsh or De Goey type doesn't come around very often for most clubs. If Carlton finish last, losing out on adding Matt Rowell to their midfield is massive mistake.

If Carlton projected themselves to finish now worse than 13th and the Crows to finish no better than 7th, then I can understand the trade. But then you have question the people in charge of Carlton who believed that's where they were at.

In the long term Stocker will be a lot better. Worpel is your average big bodied mid, and his kicking isnt that good. Stocker has elite kicking, and a decent burst from stoppage. But it's easy to judge him after 2 games.

I believe SOS wants to trade Adelaide's pick for a decent mature player, e.g, Jack Martin. Hence, giving away our future first and getting a pick back. He didn't want the same situation with GWS (Shiel) to happen again, where they argue for our Pick 1 and we say no...

Currently, we don't really need to draft any more midfielders. We are sorely lacking good half backs/forwards with Simpson coming to the end and Docherty in ACL land. We probably could do with another HF, e.g Martin. You don't usually draft these kinds of players with Pick 1. I also believe our list management/drafting team are fine. We probably have the best youth in the competition with Brisbane.

Even if we end up giving pick 1, its not the end of the world. We still get Stocker and another first rounder. Remember we got Cripps at Pick 13!!

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
We have a more defensive game plan, so you need to take into account points against too. I believe we have the least points against over the last month... & our average winning margins are above last year, hence why our percentage is higher than last year. So very selective stats from you.

We also had players missing like Port - Seedsman, Milera, Gibbs, Doedee, Jacobs & Douglas (won't count an out of form Jenkins). The difference is we have more depth than Port, which is needed to get through a long season.

The teams we have beaten recently were in the top 8 when we were playing them & in form. It's been a topsy turvy season, so it's not settled who are the top teams yet apart from the top few. I'm confident we should finish in the top 8 & reasonable chance of a top 4 finish.
your a more defensive side, yet you post your dislike of Ross Lyon footy. Bastardization of Bigfooty right here.

Have the crows kicked 21 goals vs North this season like freo did in round 1?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You do realize to come out even marginally in front you need to win the Flag and we need to finish below 15th?

That is also just marginally as there is literally no scenario that has you " comfortably " winning the trade or being well in front points wise in what many people think is a weaker draft next season.
still think carlton wont get the spoon in 2019?

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors

I guess Carlton were just keen to get a trade done and wanted their man, at this stage of the season the Crows are sitting dormy with the #1 selection, but there's 2/3rds of the season to go, and the ladder at this stage shows the Blues at least with a percentage above 80, a lot more than last season's inept 60-ish%. They may start to snag a few more wins if they keep being as close as they have in many of the games this year.

In any case who's to say they can't find the next Tim Kelly with their pick that looks like being in the teens if the Crows finish in the Finals? He was a pick 24 after all. Handy players can be got down the draft order too.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I still dont understand why this cant be a good win win.

Because Bigfooty trades dont work that way.

No trade gets done without copious amounts of homoerotic innuendo, outraged fans acting as weird proxies for list managers and trying to persuade other people (who also have no say in the trade) how to actually conduct the trade, and general trolling all round.

In addition you can always find several Richmond fans reminding everyone about their recent flag, and trying to make it all about them.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
..and to everyone else's eyes, carlton are playing above themselves this season ...

You think so? Most footy supporters I know who’ve actually been watching Carlton games don’t share this sentiment, same with the footy scribes*. Seems a totally made up figment of your imagination.

* The caveat here is nuffies like Cornes and Barrett. That’s right; that’s the level you’re operating at :oops:

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
In any case who's to say they can't find the next Tim Kelly with their pick that looks like being in the teens if the Crows finish in the Finals? He was a pick 24 after all. Handy players can be got down the draft order too.

Yup. Long way to go before we see how these trades work out, but if the Blues snag a flag in the next decade, I won’t give a crap about the individual trades that got them there anyway.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You think so? Most footy supporters I know who’ve actually been watching Carlton games don’t share this sentiment, same with the footy scribes*. Seems a totally made up figment of your imagination.

* The caveat here is nuffies like Cornes and Barrett. That’s right; that’s the level you’re operating at :oops:
Like I said..you guys are the best 18th placed team in the league

Because Bigfooty trades dont work that way.

No trade gets done without copious amounts of homoerotic innuendo, outraged fans acting as weird proxies for list managers and trying to persuade other people (who also have no say in the trade) how to actually conduct the trade, and general trolling all round.

In addition you can always find several Richmond fans reminding everyone about their recent flag, and trying to make it all about them.

Just like we can always count on overly sensitive Carlton fans trying to convince everyone else that their club has outsmarted everyone, despite all recent evidence telling us the opposite is more likely to be true.

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
Trade really went wrong in trade week.blues had pick 13 before the mm trade. Sos could of put the 1st pick up this year and kept pick 13 and might of grabbed pick 9 from the crows a hately type would of been so much better imo..

Top 2 this year are just stars in the draft! Big bodied mids.. funny enough pick around the 10s looks likebeing SA boys 😂

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
your a more defensive side, yet you post your dislike of Ross Lyon footy. Bastardization of Bigfooty right here.

Have the crows kicked 21 goals vs North this season like freo did in round 1?
True.. but we did kick 18 goals v the sun's not long after they beat feel...swings and roundabouts

Edit: beat Freo..bloody autotext

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Trade really went wrong in trade week.blues had pick 13 before the mm trade. Sos could of put the 1st pick up this year and kept pick 13 and might of grabbed pick 9 from the crows a hately type would of been so much better imo..
Top 2 this year are just stars in the draft! Big bodied mids.. funny enough pick around the 10s looks likebeing SA boys 😂

Blues never had 13.

Back