• Poll closed .

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No Melksham and Hibberd

The way they struggled to score against GC I think even if WCE are only going at 50% this is a 30 pt win minimum

There forwards will take advantage of there inexperience down back

I'm very keen to oppose Melb here. Two thrilling wins in a row might lead to a bit of relief / euphoria so good potential for a letdown spot.

Melksham has been their best forward. Hibberd one of their best backs and Lewis is a veteran presence. Add these to an extensive injury list and the Melb team facing WC will be inexperienced and quite weak from a talent perspective.

I see two options. WC cruises through and do what they have to and win by around 30 points (like the StK game where they beat the line by +2 goals despite not playing well) or they put the foot down and play with better intensity and win by 40+.

Strange thoughts.
Freo couldn't beat an understrength Richmond side at home and yet you expect them to get close to Essendon on their home track under the roof.
I tend to think your over estimating the ability of Freo

This is the same Essendon side that lost to Sydney though (who are a bottom 3 side this year). Richmond at least are a good side who can turn it on, and last week especially after playing woefully against the Bulldogs. I hope the line gets larger once Daniher gets named so I can have a decent go at the line.

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This is the same Essendon side that lost to Sydney though (who are a bottom 3 side this year). Richmond at least are a good side who can turn it on, and last week especially after playing woefully against the Bulldogs. I hope the line gets larger once Daniher gets named so I can have a decent go at the line.
I wouldn't go near this game. Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Essendon highly but it would so us to lose a crucial game then come out firing at home against an interstate team when our season is pretty much shot. Did it last year against port and the year before that. Then again, zac Clarke and we could easily lose.

I wouldn't go near this game. Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Essendon highly but it would so us to lose a crucial game then come out firing at home against an interstate team when our season is pretty much shot. Did it last year against port and the year before that. Then again, zac Clarke and we could easily lose.

Maybe you are right. Hoping the line increases to maybe 14.5 or so then will have a crack. Zac Clarke playing will be nice too (sorry to be a little mean lol)

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
GWS made me look silly last week. But I’ve got a strong feeling they will respond heavily at home. They just have too much talent. O100.5 @1.88 Sb seems good to me. As I said last week Carlton has the weakest defence right now, even if Jones comes back in, He will be playing on the best forward right now. Missing Newman + Simpson hurts their structure defensively, last week their backline held up ok, but that always happens against Collingwood for some reason. Expecting differently this week, will wait to Whitfield is named to play this bet though. He is their best player right now and sets up so much play for them offensively.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm very keen to oppose Melb here. Two thrilling wins in a row might lead to a bit of relief / euphoria so good potential for a letdown spot.

Melksham has been their best forward. Hibberd one of their best backs and Lewis is a veteran presence. Add these to an extensive injury list and the Melb team facing WC will be inexperienced and quite weak from a talent perspective.

I see two options. WC cruises through and do what they have to and win by around 30 points (like the StK game where they beat the line by +2 goals despite not playing well) or they put the foot down and play with better intensity and win by 40+.
I’ve gone pretty large on the H2H but I think that line is also about 15 pts too low

I think down back is a massive issue, I watched them live against us and the way petruccle and Ryan got out the back is burning in my mind

Dees back line gets opened up big time, so adding rioli I see goals galore here

AFLFootyChick

All Australian
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’ve gone pretty large on the H2H but I think that line is also about 15 pts too low

I think down back is a massive issue, I watched them live against us and the way petruccle and Ryan got out the back is burning in my mind

Dees back line gets opened up big time, so adding rioli I see goals galore here

I agree. The current line looks way too short to me. It's interesting to note that Sportsbet still have Jake Melksham listed as second fave for Melbourne in the "first goal scorer" market, so if the bookies think he's playing, hence the line being -21.5 (as of Wednesday 12:10PM EST), once they catch on to the fact that he has a fractured foot and is expected to be out for over a month, that line has got to move out further. Rioli is a huge "in" for WC, and by all accounts, he should be playing. Darling and Kennedy are also due for a goal-fest. Can't see how Melbourne will get within five goals, and it could well be another repeat of their finals nightmare. Further, a lot of their best players from that finals thrashing aren't even playing on Friday night. They are depleted. IMO WC should be $1.15 H2H, and the line should be -30.5, at least.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree. The current line looks way too short to me. It's interesting to note that Sportsbet still have Jake Melksham listed as second fave for Melbourne in the "first goal scorer" market, so if the bookies think he's playing, hence the line being -21.5 (as of Wednesday 12:10PM EST), once they catch on to the fact that he has a fractured foot and is expected to be out for over a month, that line has got to move out further. Rioli is a huge "in" for WC, and by all accounts, he should be playing. Darling and Kennedy are also due for a goal-fest. Can't see how Melbourne will get within five goals, and it could well be another repeat of their finals nightmare. Further, a lot of their best players from that finals thrashing aren't even playing on Friday night. They are depleted. IMO WC should be $1.15 H2H, and the line should be -30.5, at least.
Agree on everything

I just am shocked they are 1.3 and not 1.1

Zook

Rookie
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

I also agree, on paper the above is the case however; after watching all their games for the past few weeks they seem to take their foot off the gas for the last quarter.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again this weekend and Melbourne cover the line...

AFLFootyChick

All Australian
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I also agree, on paper the above is the case however; after watching all their games for the past few weeks they seem to take their foot off the gas for the last quarter.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again this weekend and Melbourne cover the line...

With percentage very much a massive part of ladder position this year, I think WC will have their foot down to maintain the gap, esp. at home...at least I hope they do! ;)

chrisdon16

@AFLsystembet
Mar 20, 2013
Launceston, TAS
AFL Club
Essendon
... He is an important player to the structure. Who knows it might free up a few players. Their forward line couldn't play much worse at the moment.

AEKBOMBERS

Debutant
May 1, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
West Coast should cover the line but I wouldn’t trust them to put anyone away. They aren’t the same team that won the Premiership last year.

andwhenitcomes

Team Captain
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree he doesn’t impact the line but he is a massive out

Arguably been the dees best player this year, which says something about how there traveling
Easily top three. Their best ball user in the forward half - which has been a significant problem outside him - which is probably why they threw him into the middle the last two weeks (ahead of Brayshaw).

targett

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Topsport Line Movements

West Coast -21.5 1.9 > -22.5 1.85
St Kilda 28.5 1.9 > 27.5 1.9 > 27.5 1.85
Adelaide 4.5 1.9 > 3.5 1.9 > 4.5 1.85
Geelong -29.5 1.9 > -30.5 1.8
Fremantle 17.5 1.9 > 16.5 1.85