Preview Round 9 North Melbourne Hosting the Sydney Swans - 7:25 Saturday Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give up on Rowell, he’s going to Adelaide.

They'll win some games this year. Hopefully one more than us.
On an entirely unrelated matter, and after reading the thread ; I heartily endorse playing Clarke this week against his old team.
OUT: JPK, Lloyd, Jack, Heeney (one one leg half the year)
IN: Rowbottom, Stoddart, McInerney, Clarke

On an entirely unrelated matter, and after reading the thread ; I heartily endorse playing Clarke this week against his old team.

Adelaide will, Carlton won’t, and Adelaide have their first pick.

But agree any injured players even if just minor, rest them. Especially someone as valuable as Heeney.

This has to be one of the worst posts of seen. You think this is supporting the club, far from it.

I think north are barely an AFL side on and off the field

But you never know their speed will worry us

They can take Clarke back with them too

Just watch us play Jack against their quick smalls..

You let someone else draft them.

Okay... but there’s just not that many good ones out there that’s the problem, and you could miss out on drafting a good one of your own because you’re waiting for the right one to trade in who just never might happen.

That’s what made us get stuck with Sinclair.

You can’t just expect to trade for them all the time

No, that was the trade ban.

Our inability to trade for them was caused, by the trade ban

Anyway, aren't you the one always going about drafting mids?

Now you want to draft a ruckman?

I'll leave this here from the List Management 101 thread.

Not only are ruckmen regularly found from late rounds, the PSD and the rookie draft, they can even be found by taking pot shots at random tall people from completely unrelated sports. Combined with some high profile failures of ruckmen drafted in the first round (Wood, Spaanderman, Laycock, Meesen, Gorringe, Cordy), why would you bother? Once every 2 years, some peanut of a list manager butchers a 1st round selection on a ruckman. Considering on average 1 ruckman goes in the 1st round each year, that's quite remarkable. These failures don't turn into "serviceable" players in the 22, they get delisted having contributed absolutely **** all. There is no middle ground.

No, that was the trade ban.

Our inability to trade for them was caused, by the trade ban

Anyway, aren't you the one always going about drafting mids?

Now you want to draft a ruckman?

I’ve been consistent. We shouldn’t REACH for a ruck. We shouldn’t take someone which we have at 20 odd at pick 10 just because he’s a ruck. My preference has been fix the midfield first. Everything goes from having a good to a very poor midfield and no guessing where we sit on that scale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly! It’s not hard!

I think one of the main things the recruiters need to ask themselves is "this player can only average 12 disposals in the NAB Championships. Are we really expecting him to increase his output when he reaches the AFL"

I think if they asked that question they would be a lot better off as the Swans sometimes draft low disposal winners (Rohan, Ling, Stoddart etc) and expect them to learn to become high disposal winners, and it just doesn't seem to happen.

I think one of the main things the recruiters need to ask themselves is "this player can only average 12 disposals in the NAB Championships. Are we really expecting him to increase his output when he reaches the AFL"

I think if they asked that question they would be a lot better off as the Swans sometimes draft low disposal winners (Rohan, Ling, Stoddart etc) and expect them to learn to become high disposal winners, and it just doesn't seem to happen.

Not a bad point, but then again, almost everyone with elite pace and/or skills as a junior who can get 20+ disposals is generally going to be a top 10 pick every day of the week. If we want those types, our hand is basically forced and we have to accept whichever of them we can get, even if they're not huge disposal winners.

Give up on Rowell, he’s going to Adelaide.

Off topic, but if Adelaide have pick 1 I wouldnt be surprised if they take Anderson considering they already have Sloane and the Crouches in Rowell's role.

Off topic, but if Adelaide have pick 1 I wouldnt be surprised if they take Anderson considering they already have Sloane and the Crouches in Rowell's role.

You’d take best available surely? Either one of Rowell or Anderson you can’t go wrong though.

Possibly, or they take Rowell knowing Sloane is 29 and would be the most likely replacement for him. But yeah, either way they ain't losing. Whoever struck that deal at Carlton should be Cersei'd through the streets of Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back