Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Never said Facebook wasn't also to blame. I have just come across it which I thought I would share.

It starts with the politicians mate.

As long as they maintain the current modus operandi, we will have disturbed idiots of all persuasions popping out of the woodwork from time to time.

A bigger police state is not the answer either.

We need politician's to stop treating people like children who are there to be herded around by fear and greed.

Unfortunately, I doubt I will ever live to see it.

Live strong and keep setting the example my friend.:thumbsu:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
As always, technology is all about what you do with it.

A hammer can build this:

1557807930349.png

......or break this.......

1557807970451.png

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Facebook was used by the military in Myanmar to spread fake stories about the Rohingya committing acts of violence as a tool in the governments campaign of ethnic cleansing.

Facebook is awful
They all are. Facebook is the worst but twitter and youtube are not that far behind. Youtube was created for the independent content creator. Now that they have built the foundation they are slowly being kicked to a point where it'll just become another netflix. Jack Dorsey is no different to Zuck...only difference is he tries to act like a person and a chill dude. All about money and control. If Facebook create a new centralised cryptocurrency (like they are planning to) they will have a ridiculous amount of power.

Social media is being weaponised and there is no real stopping it at this point. Ask the next generation where they get their media from - instagram/facebook/twitter. What happens when those places are turning more and more into echo chambers? If section 230 of the CDA doesn't get looked at by Trump then there will be a point of no return. He tweeted about it last Sunday (finally) and he may be forced to look into it more because it impacts his chances of being re-elected (won't stop him now) but if big conservatives like Cernovich and Posobiec tell their large followings not to vote (they have threatened to do so if he doesn't look at it) it could play a role in the 2020 election.

They are just used as megaphones now and the reach they get is astronomical.

The issue is the sheep only care once it gets past the point of no return. Alex Jones said before he was deplatformed from everywhere that he was the pilot test and they wanted to see how everyone reacted. The consensus was that it was good. Let's do more...and more...and more. "but they are a private company" - Yes. To act as a platform. Not editors. They are acting outside of the agreement.

Now when other countries are using them to spread misinformation (the lynchings that happened in India) and impact elections it's an issue that is already hard to manage. That worst part is they honestly have no clue how to tame it because it's unchartered waters for people like Dorsey. So when he cops flack in India he doesn't understand how much power he has.

The problem is when people get kicked off these platforms they go elsewhere - more to 4chan, 8chan, and gab. Then you get echo chambers. Like-minded people that work each other up to a point something like Christchurch happens. It'd be better if everything was out in the open so all parties could discuss key topics and policies. That way there might me more civil discourse and open-mindedness. Then we might be able to focus on important s**t that governments are and aren't doing instead of falling for cheap tricks.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need politician's to stop treating people like children who are there to be herded around by fear and greed.

Unfortunately, I doubt I will ever live to see it.

Of course you wont see it, because it works. look at all the sheep that followed howard and bush into the middle east conflicts.

I may have been mistaken in you were a little big more sensible Tef than giving the electorite that much credit for not being a colective of idiots.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Trolling is definitely the wittiest form of posting.
"Trolling/conspiracies" - always the same thing when someone says something that goes against the grain or it upsets someone.

What does make for good posting are when individuals complain and then develop this petty grudge of quoting people that talk about me. Like the sort of bitchiness you see in high school. Very catty. I thought we were all adults here - at least we should act like it. It's the same thing over and over. Before you it was Jean -> spiderburton22 -> chadwiko -> sopwiths/TOD -> val -> ferball. If this continues I might start my own youtube channel. Imagine the views I'd get.

giphy.gif

Your supercilious posting is just tiring.

Most of us have been around long enough to know that the person who continually, desperately tries to prove they're the smartest person in the room is invariably not the smartest person in the room. Deep down, they know it, but they don't realise everyone else also knows it.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Most of us have been around long enough to know that the person who continually, desperately tries to prove they're the smartest person in the room is invariably not the smartest person in the room. Deep down, they know it, but they don't realise everyone else also knows it.
Thanks. You said the same thing a month ago. Now zip it, fall in line, and like the posts of the next person to play your character.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Trolling/conspiracies" - always the same thing when someone says something that goes against the grain or it upsets someone.

What does make for good posting are when individuals complain and then develop this petty grudge of quoting people that talk about me. Like the sort of bitchiness you see in high school. Very catty. I thought we were all adults here - at least we should act like it. It's the same thing over and over. Before you it was Jean -> spiderburton22 -> chadwiko -> sopwiths/TOD -> val -> ferball. If this continues I might start my own youtube channel. Imagine the views I'd get.

giphy.gif

Awesome, if I get a mention on your YouTube channel does that make me internet famous?

Thanks. You said the same thing a month ago. Now zip it, fall in line, and like the posts of the next person to play your character.

Well no, I didn't say that before. But of course, it enables you to apply your usual deflection.

Now, this (below) is where we were at almost a month ago - your final post before you "went on holiday". Full of your usual "I'm right and you're wrong" and sooking about it getting personal (which is exactly where you then went).

"It's boring" and yet here you are inserting yourself into a topic for about the 4th time when i never tagged you. Interesting way to highlight boredom!

Okay...he's full of ****. Just completely ignore the fact i provided proof that one of his biggest "conspiracies" is in fact true. So predictably your weaved around that and played the man (both alex and myself). Good effort LtK. Takes a big person to admit they are wrong...oh wait, you didn't :drunk:

Straight after that, I categorically destroyed the "proof" that you provided.

I assume you finally realised you were wrong (and were rightly embarrassed) because you've dodged that topic ever since. Meaning your last sentence is typical of your hypocrisy.

I also particularly liked your cringeworthy suggestion that I should only be posting to this thread if you tag me in.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes. leverage it well. You'll only get one shot at it.

Think I'll pass, rather just exploit my kids by filming them eating weird food combinations and seeing who can last the longest without going to the toilet.

They'll get more views than the Norris Nuts and Alex Jones combined.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

giphy.gif

:D

482 usernames chasing you, but it's actually 6 people.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Perhaps, but all the same that person would definitely be smarter than any member of the politically cultivated emotional response collective.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well no, I didn't say that before. But of course, it enables you to apply your usual deflection.

Now, this (below) is where we were at almost a month ago - your final post before you "went on holiday". Full of your usual "I'm right and you're wrong" and sooking about it getting personal (which is exactly where you then went).

Straight after that, I categorically destroyed the "proof" that you provided.

I assume you finally realised you were wrong (and were rightly embarrassed) because you've dodged that topic ever since. Meaning your last sentence is typical of your hypocrisy.

I also particularly liked your cringeworthy suggestion that I should only be posting to this thread if you tag me in.
My apologies. Next time I go on holiday I will be sure to login to big footy just so I can check to see if you have quoted me. I will do this so that you can continue to live your life. You've brought it up 3 times now :drunk:. Keep thinking I left big footy for 2 weeks because you got me...:$

It was already discussed ad nauseam. Not my fault you're the johnny-come-lately to the Jones discussion. But when he was being discussed on Rogan I mentioned that there is news that is factual but he adds a little bit of extra spice to it. All you did was come along and play the character that dismisses everything, but when forced to actually confront the issue, point out a grammatical error and claim victory. The overall theme was Jones makes up stuff yet the reports and news story clearly highlight he does not. Instead of tackling the issue of pollution in our waterways we instead call him a conspiracy theorist :drunk:.

I never said I was the smartest person in the room (in most rooms I probably am) but that's irrelevant. People have their specialities and areas they are great at. When it comes to news and various issues I happen to be more aware and understanding. I already discussed the 1-5 Groin scale:

In my experience there are 5 types in issues like this:

1. Find offence. Because they look to be offended 24/7
2. Unsure but side with 1 out of fear of coming across as number 5. Need to be seen as a goodie
3. Unsure/don't know enough to form an opinion
4. Agree with 5 but don't want to come across as a baddie. A lot of people in this group and it's why society is in a hole at the moment.
5. Willing to be heard because logic and justice should prevail. Willing to do so at the expense of vitriol from groups 1 and 2.

I am #5. I see you as a #2 bordering or #3 depending on the issue. Given that you have a knack for sourcing information and believe in the finding the minutiae of everything you should be a #4 or #5. But some people just want to fit in and travel the path of least resistance. That's okay. If you can live in that world I won't judge. Unfortunately there are enough 1s and 2s to the judgement for everyone. :drunk:

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

giphy.gif

Don’t flatter yourself. if I was after you I’d let that mob go after you then I’d pop out from behind a bush and take your legs out with one of my crutches.

It’s the crutchy push way. Besides, I’m not exactly going to catch you hoping along in one leg am I?

My apologies. Next time I go on holiday I will be sure to login to big footy just so I can check to see if you have quoted me. I will do this so that you can continue to live your life. You've brought it up 3 times now :drunk:. Keep thinking I left big footy for 2 weeks because you got me...:$

It was already discussed ad nauseam. Not my fault you're the johnny-come-lately to the Jones discussion. But when he was being discussed on Rogan I mentioned that there is news that is factual but he adds a little bit of extra spice to it. All you did was come along and play the character that dismisses everything, but when forced to actually confront the issue, point out a grammatical error and claim victory. The overall theme was Jones makes up stuff yet the reports and news story clearly highlight he does not. Instead of tackling the issue of pollution in our waterways we instead call him a conspiracy theorist :drunk:.

I never said I was the smartest person in the room (in most rooms I probably am) but that's irrelevant. People have their specialities and areas they are great at. When it comes to news and various issues I happen to be more aware and understanding. I already discussed the 1-5 Groin scale:

In my experience there are 5 types in issues like this:

1. Find offence. Because they look to be offended 24/7
2. Unsure but side with 1 out of fear of coming across as number 5. Need to be seen as a goodie
3. Unsure/don't know enough to form an opinion
4. Agree with 5 but don't want to come across as a baddie. A lot of people in this group and it's why society is in a hole at the moment.
5. Willing to be heard because logic and justice should prevail. Willing to do so at the expense of vitriol from groups 1 and 2.

I am #5. I see you as a #2 bordering or #3 depending on the issue. Given that you have a knack for sourcing information and believe in the finding the minutiae of everything you should be a #4 or #5. But some people just want to fit in and travel the path of least resistance. That's okay. If you can live in that world I won't judge. Unfortunately there are enough 1s and 2s to the judgement for everyone. :drunk:

Sorry, does this mean you believe Gay Frogs!!! was proved, or not?

Just answer the question.

The rant at the end of this video is first class @5.00 minute mark. Some people just have a gift.

I stood on my desk at work and shouted 'oh captain, my captain'

That was great GG.

It was awesome and pretty much on point.

I live in Queensland, and he really has some traction here. Half of the guys i work with say they will vote for him. He clearly has targeted the trump "drain the swap" angle and it seems to be working with the buffoons.

There's a *en Communist airbase in the Kimberly!!!!

Approved by Labour!!! They even helped build it!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
:endwarrow::soonarrow::squaredsos::squaredsos::squaredsos::squaredsos::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

And I saw the ad informing me of this before a new Tool video/song. (Not that you'd know it. All their songs sound the same.)

WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back