Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claremont's Eastland ??(sp) might be who the Tigers go for as a backup ruck ...don't think they have any ruckman left though Balta looks very good , athletically brilliant .

Rampe with a $1000 fine (suspended) for climbing the post.

That'll make up for the 4 points Essendon lost.

Gone down the Melbourne “not tanking but we’ll fine you anyway” route. Very good AFL, very good.

I just saw the Ablett incident for the first time. Holy moly, he got off? Late, high contact with the forearms/elbows. No dramas.

Accidental head clash from a legit bump? Thug act.

It's the Muppet Show. Now here's a fun game. Which character is Christian playing? And Gil? And Hocking?

Gee both those fines are a little sketchy. Umpires have been called plenty worse than that over the years. Deserves a fine for disrespect but why 10k? As for the goal post one.. he broke a rule, should have been a free kick.. but is it worthy of a fine? Especially after being defended by everyone in power for being the right call. The AFL have lost it, they’re not sure what they’re doing themselves half the time. Just make **** up as you go and only take action if the media/social media get hold of it.

AFL feel very reactionary as if a terrible PR company is showing them the way. Consensus last week was Ablett shouldn't have been pinged and people were saying the MRO was harsh. This week was the week to do it but they've overcorrected to try and keep Joe public happy. In doing so they've probably pinged the wrong guy because they can't let everyone get off Scott free.

They took the incorrect stance on the post climb and copped more outrage and the response is to fine the player after saying his actions were okay. It's truly head scratching stuff.

I just saw the Ablett incident for the first time. Holy moly, he got off? Late, high contact with the forearms/elbows. No dramas.

It's the Muppet Show. Now here's a fun game. Which character is Christian playing? And Gil? And Hocking?

Gablett is Miss Piggy

giphy.gif

AFL feel very reactionary as if a terrible PR company is showing them the way. Consensus last week was Ablett shouldn't have been pinged and people were saying the MRO was harsh. This week was the week to do it but they've overcorrected to try and keep Joe public happy. In doing so they've probably pinged the wrong guy because they can't let everyone get off Scott free.

They took the incorrect stance on the post climb and copped more outrage and the response is to fine the player after saying his actions were okay. It's truly head scratching stuff.
It's not head scratching the moment you realise it's an incompetent administration. When viewed through that prism, it all makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

late - illegal block (> 5m from the ball) player had his back to the play , etc, etc He has become a sniper in the image of his old man.

I feel a *bit* bad for Rampe on the umpire one, because he was just trying to convey that the umpire had a piss weak voice and therefore the play-on call was not loud enough. In the heat of the moment he came up with some unfortunate phrasing for that.

It's unusual to see a fine from words captured by the umpires' mic. Are all umpires in all games recorded? Because if they aren't then it seems slightly unfair to ping a bloke, and if they are, then I'm legit surprised that there aren't a lot more fine-worthy things being shouted on the field.

Slobbo with AFL failing the game on Friday night.

Right call bit not just Friday night.

It's every game, it's every year, it's the tinkering with the rules, the fixtures, the interstate teams playing in Canberra and the s**t heap Tasmania. It's the weight differential of the Nic Nat tackle....

The GF, the rubbish commentators and their parochial Vic bias as well as job for the lads.

It goes on and on.

Like someone else said, if the Eagles folded, I'd have no interest whatsover in the game.

On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
But I can post from my phone all the time.

On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
But I can post from my phone all the time.
Happened to me on my phone for all threads about a week ago. Lasted about 2 days. I also couldn’t like anything without it asking me to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back