Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually used to think Barrett was alright...not sure if i was just wrong or he's changed.

But now i see all he does is focus on negatives and sinks the boot into any club or person that's doing poorly, trying to sensationalise things to get headlines.
No proper analysis, just pick on easy targets while they're down.

Anyone with half a brain can see we've improved on last year and are on the right path. We're playing good footy it's just inconsistency due to so many young players letting us down, but the potential is massive. We could easily have 3-4 wins right now.

If the likes of Hardwick, Buckley and Richardson didn't get sacked and their clubs didn't bow to media pressure, then im 100% sure Bolton and Carlton won't either.
He is a discrace to the world of afl journalists. Clueless

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is a discrace to the world of afl journalists. Clueless

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unfortunately bros, there is a lot of that out there. Nature of the beast. Most of the media are looking for a quick grab, something to fill copy with. Right, wrong or indifferent. They become the news themselves by throwing stuff out there and generating feedback. Tabloid journalism, there is a market for it and it sells adverting space. Just hard to cop when you are invested in the subject matter sometimes.

Just watching some of the highlights and I just had to remark upon how much I enjoy Anthony Hudson as a commentator. He really enhances the moments with his call.

That commentary for Crippa’s goal in the last, “Hold your breath... breeeaathe!!!”

For me it was less breathing and more screaming like a crazy person but he definitely summed up the tension and significance of the moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watching some of the highlights and I just had to remark upon how much I enjoy Anthony Hudson as a commentator. He really enhances the moments with his call.

That commentary for Crippa’s goal in the last, “Hold your breath... breeeaathe!!!”

For me it was less breathing and more screaming like a crazy person but he definitely summed up the tension and significance of the moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine that, a caller who brings attention to the game and not themselves.

I actually used to think Barrett was alright...not sure if i was just wrong or he's changed.

But now i see all he does is focus on negatives and sinks the boot into any club or person that's doing poorly, trying to sensationalise things to get headlines.
No proper analysis, just pick on easy targets while they're down.

Anyone with half a brain can see we've improved on last year and are on the right path. We're playing good footy it's just inconsistency due to so many young players letting us down, but the potential is massive. We could easily have 3-4 wins right now.

If the likes of Hardwick, Buckley and Richardson didn't get sacked and their clubs didn't bow to media pressure, then im 100% sure Bolton and Carlton won't either.
Yep - it seems the two main afl.com.au journos in him and Mitch Cleary are gunning for Bolton. Mitch purposefully tweeted a provocative tweet about Bolton immediately after the Collingwood loss when all emotions were running high - all because Bolts challenged him on a question the day before in the presser.

Mitch was a few years below me at school and I can confirm he's a flog. Classic s**t footy player so started beaking his nose around the local footy scene doing a column for the Geelong Advertiser - getting head wobble interviewing anyone with half a status. If you're reading this Mitch, yes that is harsh but you have resorted to spending your time trying to put people like Bolton out of jobs. So cop it sweet. Flog.

Nothing new by Barrett on the Sunday footy show, basically said Bolts won't be coaching next year unless there's a dramatic turn around in the remaining part of the year.
He tried to say that last week on that access all areas show. He led into if confidently and clearly expecting to be backed up, but Lloyd and Bartel were having none of it. He's just trying again with a different group. Obviously just reiterating his personal opinion hoping to garner some support and create a narrative.

I can't stand Barrett

I usually avoid commenting about members of the media, because I don't like any of them. Surely the basic requirements of the job is to do some research and pronounce the players names correctly. There's one dildo that makes my skin crawl and I can't avoid him, coz he's splashed all over the screen during games. I have heard that Brian Taylor is refusing to call Fantasia by his proper name. He's as funny as a funeral, sack him.

Today’s Hun

“We wanted it more” says Buckley.

🤮
Saw that. Like it; we complain when there's no characters in footy, then we object when Bucks says something like that.

It's fire for the team, the next time Collingwood rolls around. "Apparently, they wanted it more last time. You kay with that? You comfortable with the opposition coach, after the game, proudly coming out and saying that about you, about your efforts?"

"Get out there, and knock their heads off."

Gerard Whately is the weakest journalist in the game.

Gets Charlie Curnow lynched for brushing an umpire, but apparently Fyfe charging an opponent with an elbow "isn't a reportable offence"

This pompous campaigner has actually cooked his goose. Surely he knows he can't be taken seriously anymore. Hasn't got the balls to go after a Fyfe or Ablett, but more than happy to go for the jugular on a 20 year old in a struggling team.

Last edited:
Jonathon brown on the couch. Surely Carlton weren’t that good. Collingwood just put the foot down and went up a gear.

I so thought the umpiring would be on the agenda today. None. Which means one thing. I’m wrong and I’ll move on. Growth opportunity for me and the club. We are no longer happy with near misses. We’re ******* close. And that’s not good enough. Wins are hopefully coming.

Thinking about it. It’s probably good we aren’t getting media attention from missing out again. It’s sayimg something. It’s sayong we are gonna get close but we now are entering everyone’s minds as maybe this side is gonna be pretty good and they’re scared. The narrative will start turning very soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back