No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Rampe v. Goalpost thing is ridiculous.

The rule states you cannot intentionally shake the goalpost. Doesn't say you can't climb it. He wasn't trying to shake the thing, he was trying to gain height in case the kick carried so that he could potentially get a hand on it when he otherwise wouldn't have.

That has been explained to some of the media peanuts. But they're drawing their own roadmap from "deliberately climbing post" to "deliberately shaking post" by passing through the magical land of "deliberate acts with unintended consequences still count". He deliberately climbed the post. It shook. Ergo he deliberately shook it. No. No no no. No. If they want to apply that logic, jumping to try and spoil and accidentally nudging the post would be penalised too. Deliberately jumped. Nudged the post. The post shook. Stupid.

Rampe was, as far as I can tell, within the rules to do what he did. Doesn't make it good for the game, and perhaps that rule should be changed/clarified/added (though it's never been an issue before.....).

As it stands, it looks to me like a deliberate smoke screen to detract from the Ablett/Fyfe/Durdin debacle.
player climbs post - post shakes as a result of him climbing it - rule breached - the end

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
the post shook because he was climbing it - you'll spend your life in court trying to prove he wanted to climb but not shake it - it's the james bond law.....

I see those posts shake a few times every week, and yet nobody else has been penalised. If they don't like it, they can add a rule against climbing the posts, doubt anyone will complain. Half the rules in the book require an assessment of a player's intent, and in this case it's written into the rule itself.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Brian Taylor's pathetic response to the Orazio Fantasia controversy needs be to called out more by the main stream media.

Fair enough if he didn't know the correct pronounciation, but his bogan, if not racist and redneck justification in pretty much dismissing Fantasia's family and racial background, and his "we prounce it in Strayaian lingo" is crap.

Even though Rex Hunt was somewhat of a bigot, he had the charm to get away with off his sometimes bad taste comments, and apologize when he made a blue, BT is just dumb as Dog Doo.

Funny that BT gets dragged through the media for this only to have Orazio come out and publicly say this week, that he pronounces it Fantasia.

So in this case BT was totally correct to tell the commentators to jam it

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Funny that BT gets dragged through the media for this only to have Orazio come out and publicly say this week, that he pronounces it Fantasia.

So in this case BT was totally correct to tell the commentators to jam it

It was his attitude of we are in Australia, we pronounce it "our way" which was the problem, not so much for how he pronounced in the first place.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Looking at the ladder, I find it odd that Adelaide are 3rd at present - they are no where near the 3rd best team in the comp. Just proves how weird the comp has been results wise thus far. I know they're not that far off them but GWS, West Coast and Richmond have much better teams for mine and it's debatable about the hawks, lions and one or two others.
I reckon the next bunch of games leading up the byes will sort this all out.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Looking at the ladder, I find it odd that Adelaide are 3rd at present - they are no where near the 3rd best team in the comp. Just proves how weird the comp has been results wise thus far. I know they're not that far off them but GWS, West Coast and Richmond have much better teams for mine and it's debatable about the hawks, lions and one or two others.
I reckon the next bunch of games leading up the byes will sort this all out.

Finished outside the 8, so they get an easy draw with a huge home ground advantage, we finished outside the 8 and by next weekend will have travelled interstate just as much as them this season without the huge home ground advantage.

Most teams have struggled to get consistency apart from maybe Geelong, who we play in the last round down at their bunghole ground in the last round. I am willing to sacrifice on the football alter a Gil Hocking to the football gods for a victory in this round which causes them to lose confidence and bow out of the finals in straight sets.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Finished outside the 8, so they get an easy draw with a huge home ground advantage, we finished outside the 8 and by next weekend will have travelled interstate just as much as them this season without the huge home ground advantage.

Most teams have struggled to get consistency apart from maybe Geelong, who we play in the last round down at their bunghole ground in the last round. I am willing to sacrifice on the football alter a Gil Hocking to the football gods for a victory in this round which causes them to lose confidence and bow out of the finals in straight sets.
Considering how crap they have been when I've watched them I simply cant fathom their ladder position...clearly been gifted it this year. If anything it just masks the real position of their list. Have a soft run at it this year, finish higher than they should and they will get a worse draw next year and then they will suffer from it.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Considering how crap they have been when I've watched them I simply cant fathom their ladder position...clearly been gifted it this year. If anything it just masks the real position of their list. Have a soft run at it this year, finish higher than they should and they will get a worse draw next year and then they will suffer from it.

They have changed their game style to a Ross Lyoness game style, best defensive Adelaide side since inception re points against, but also one of the worst attacking sides since inception re points for. Probably why they look so crap to watch, they still have enough talent on their list to make finals, even top 4, but will their game plan hold up in finals?

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
They have changed their game style to a Ross Lyoness game style, best defensive Adelaide side since inception re points against, but also one of the worst attacking sides since inception re points for. Probably why they look so crap to watch, they still have enough talent on their list to make finals, even top 4, but will their game plan hold up in finals?
Thanks for pointing those details out to me. Makes sense, I've hated watching Freo play for years... Freo hasnt done much for some time so I wouldnt expect Adelaide to get far.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
cotchin to miss 3 more..........have it on good authority..........front page of the age........pretty sure..........
Dodgey hamstrings explains those dinky inefficient kicks off his....but doesn't explain those wayward handballs to no one.

We can no longer take our children to the football and feel safe

https://outline.com/NcKPty

"Before quarter-time in this match, our seven-year-old son was in tears and asking to leave as he felt scared by the behaviour surrounding him.
Not a security guard or policeman in sight."

First 3 comments below the article are an interesting cross-section of opinions..........

Last edited:
It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ******* what."

Stephen Fry
I'd be offended by that if I understood it.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
get me gil on the phone please..............

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back